The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

he won't have enough time and space to try some of the stuff he does in league 1
Yeah, he's a useful player but very overrated in my opinion and nowhere near Premiership level. He's stayed there long enough when they had their FA Cup run and clubs were throwing silly money at them...
I know what you mean Leeds. Some people say they'd rather Orient just concentrate on trying to get out of poxy League 2 instead of risking injuries, player fatigue and suspensions for an FA Cup run. I'm all for it though.

I'll be at Craven Cottage on the 9th, not gonna be televised but should be a good 'un, if we're at the top of our game.
Friday 15th April 2005 - Rots Hole - John Mackie scores against Southend United to end their unbeaten streak and very nearly stop them getting promoted. What a fantastic night that was - the Orient were absolutely amazing...
I hope Wembley's ready. If we get to the playoff finals, we will be the first team to play there as the League 2 playoffs are the first fixtures scheduled...
Reply 4845
who will we or should we sign? we're real strange at the moment, im pretty confused with arsenal but we definetely need some new blood. Perhaps FA, Carling and Champions League for us :biggrin:
I'm not an Arsenal fan, but I think you need to seriously invest in players which allows Wenger to get rid of Cygan and the likes, because he's just a joy to see in the Arsenal teamsheet when anyone plays you because he's just so sh*te and is bound to make plenty of mistakes.

edit: time for bed, night night
Reply 4847
Whos the most talanted player you have ever seen (in person) play ?

Me, probably in my early days going to the footy at villa...

Collymore, i think on his day was one of the greatest forwards there was but he wasted it big time, remember going to the UEFA cup in 1995 when i was a kid and we played Inter Milan, we needed to win by 2 goals i think, Stan was awesome, scored a blinder and just got the whole place buzzing.

other names that spring to my mind are Cantona, Ginola (he showned some class for us at times) and ian Taylor (bias cos he was my boyhood hero)

Never seen Rooney / Henry, maybe next season i might :smile:
Reloaded
Hmm yes and i suppose we would all prefer a monopoly over a duopoly.

You mean like Liverpool during the 80s? Chelsea aren't going to win everything in sight.
DannyD
Perhaps FA, Carling and Champions League for us :biggrin:

If any English team will win the CL Arsenal wouldn't be the one who would be in my mind first.
How can the F.A. be saying It'll be ready in time, when the people building it say it might not be?! *rolls eyes*
Reply 4851
NDGAARONDI
You mean like Liverpool during the 80s? Chelsea aren't going to win everything in sight.

You're just not getting it. It's not the dominance of Cheslea that gets to people. It's the way they got there, the farcical financial situation before Abramvoich came into town, the arrogance of Mourinho, the general twatish behaviour of Peter Kenyon, the style of football in relation to the resources and the truly dreadful state of PR at Chelsea.
Reply 4852
oneway
Collymore, i think on his day was one of the greatest forwards there was but he wasted it big time, remember going to the UEFA cup in 1995 when i was a kid and we played Inter Milan, we needed to win by 2 goals i think, Stan was awesome, scored a blinder and just got the whole place buzzing.

More flippin' trouble than he was worth. Hardly the sort of person you want in your team no matter how talented (and not greatly at that). Probably the reason why he never made it internationally, and that he could have blinders followed by absolute cock ups. God was the better of the two, at least he wasn't a woman beater.

I've saw Ronaldinho et al when at the Nou Camp. Seen Zidane, Del Piero and Nedved play for Juve in their primes oh, and Romario come to think of it but I barely remember the game (was only 6)! So, take your pick?
Ginola was great indeed but not the most talented I've ever seen.

Henry is definitely up there without a doubt. I just can't believe what that guy can do. But then Zidane also has some mega class.
the most likely signings are tomas rosicky and fernando torres, the first most likely to come as dortmund are in debt. Both can play in europe this season as neither clubs are in europe. However a big beefy, skillful and pacy central midfielder (aka patrick vieira) woudn't go amiss but they're not exactly easy to come by.
NDGAARONDI
If any English team will win the CL Arsenal wouldn't be the one who would be in my mind first.

Mmm.. maybe Liverpool again or Chelsea. :biggrin:
JT lifting the PL trophy. :biggrin:
one word Zola. :biggrin:
zola was the best of that vialli group of players who were storming the prem and then just died after crimbo.
Di matteo.

Latest