The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ronaldhino

he should join chelsea :smile:
Reply 4962
Scholesy.
Pele =') My hero.
.........cool =) But if it's agreed already then I really hope some of his money gets to Harry for the January transfer window. It'd be a bit crap to have all that money in the fizzy pop league.
Reply 4965
whats with all these billionaires buying up Premiership clubs? Chelsea, Man Utd, and now Portsmouth
Why is it that Harry constantly has instability around him. Can the man not just be left alone to do his job without the need for some sort of change?
Reply 4967
It will be interesting to see what this one does, whether he goes for the Abramovich approach or whether it'll be more like the Glazer family at Manchester Utd and leaves things basically as they are. Either way, he needs to make some money available to Harry Redknapp in time for the transfer window otherwise I fear he may be on his way again all too soon :frown:
Reply 4968
It would be joint ownership don't forget, so Mandaric's not cashing in just yet. I'm sure the FA have to check his past out before they sanction the deal though, n'est-ce pas? Another potentially shady character though - been by the French for an arms for oil deal with Angola.
walshie
Why is it that Harry constantly has instability around him. Can the man not just be left alone to do his job without the need for some sort of change?
I would have thought Harry would be delighted to have some decent funds. I doubt the arrival of a new part-owner is going to act to Harry's detriment in any way. Milan knows we need to keep Redknapp and he'll do everything to assure Redknapp that this is only good for the both of them.
Raindance
been by the French for an arms for oil deal with Angola.

Is that him or his dad? :confused:

Redknapp is probably partly glad to get the funds, partly thinking he's soon going to be out of a job.
...Alan Pardew?

I admit I'm a Hammers fan born and bred (yeah I live in Finland but my Dad was born in the east end, etc) but even still, I don't think I've ever heard him sling comments at other teams/players/managers/referees in a single interview. Maybe it's because he realises we're not quite the quality of Chelsea, but while some managers seem to be all too quick to point out the negatives Pardew seems like a somewhat genuine bloke. He's been good for West Ham I think and has so far done what's been asked of him by the club (although 1 point from 4 games over Christmas is pretty poor).

Anyway, to make this more discussable, who do you think are some of the 'nicest' managers in the league? Please don't say Chris Coleman (who moans endlessly about referees).

Jose, Arsene and Alex are automatically disqualified. To be honest I think Rafa Benitez seems alright but I haven't heard much out of him in a while, he only seems to get riled when they play Chelsea.
Big sam seems pretty safe.
Reply 4973
mc_watson87
Big sam seems pretty safe.

Are you for real? He moans even more than Jose flippin Mourinho! I do like Pardew though, have to say.
Reply 4974
He does seem like a thoroughly nice bloke. And you gotta love Psycho. Chris Coleman seems pretty down to earth too, an all too uncommon trait in managers these days. Oh, and Martin Jol is just loveable. It's the accent.
Reply 4975
President_Ben
Is that him or his dad? :confused:

Nah, you're right, I should really pay more attention! I would guess it's daddy's money though.
Nah his moanin is normally legit! Ally is cool! +|

--------------

I like Brucey and Bryan Robson aswell :teeth:
Bobby Robson was alright
Reply 4978
NDGAARONDI
In case you don't know who I'm referring to click here
HAHAHA! i didn't know what you were on about. Now i do. Aah, brings back memories! :biggrin:
Yeah Robson wasn't that bad or though you can't help but wonder if he was under doctor's orders not to get too passionate due to his blood pressure. Bless him.

Latest