Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    I think that you seriously underestimate italy. I dont see why you think their squad is weaker than before?
    The players, many of the same players, but older, manyu of them not at their best form. For the players that have rretired, the new players that have replaced them are good, but not as good (case in point they'r enevr going to find someone as good as Paolo Maldini. Don't get me wrong there's nothing defective with the team it's just they usually field a stronger team than the one they have now.

Trezeguet is awesome mate - he's been scoring goals for fun this season.
    Trezeguet has scored an impresive number goals for the games he's played (which hasn't been that many), but he's not got alot to his game and whilst he ceratinly is good there's lots of other strikers I'd rather have than Trezeguet.

ReputationRep:
    there was a period towards the end of last season where bramble was alright with just the odd mistake, now the mistakes have become much more frequent, he should be dropped but there isn't anyone to replace him ( Craig Moore might be alright if he ever shows his face)

ReputationRep:
    sky sports1 from 7
    Oh right, thanks. Do you think Richard Keys will be presenting it coz he really annoys me?

You can guarentee the winners of this match will be:

Chelsea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Arsenal 7
    Man United 0

Henry with a hat trick.

Lehman scores the last one for a giggle as it's a penalty.

Half of Man U players are injured for 4 months following the game.
    Liking it!

I ain't gonna jinx it with a prediction...but ManUre are going down!

ReputationRep:
    Damn you all. You and your English Sky sports! I had it but then it stopped working and now im left to follow it on the computer which is annoying..MAN U ALL THE WAY

ReputationRep:
    You can guarentee the winners of this match will be:

Chelsea
    I am going to be completely irrational and unjustifiably optimistic and say 2-1 to Arsenal. Come on boys!

ReputationRep:
    5-1 to United

Rooney hatrick

(Original post by mc_watson87)
    5-1 United

Rooney hatrick
    You mean...?

Arsenal 5-1 United

Rooney hatrick of own goals?

I'd cope with that. I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idoit)
    The players, many of the same players, but older, manyu of them not at their best form. For the players that have rretired, the new players that have replaced them are good, but not as good (case in point they'r enevr going to find someone as good as Paolo Maldini. Don't get me wrong there's nothing defective with the team it's just they usually field a stronger team than the one they have now.
    I have to disagree with you there. Buffon is 26 and still one of the best (if not the best) in the world. Cannavaro is awesome at juve this season, as is Zambrotta. Nesta is very good - definately not past it. Sure maldini is gone, but zambrotta is more than capable replacement for him at left back. Panucci is also in some very good form at roma.

I think the midfield is much better compared to the last few tournaments - no longer do we have to put up with di biagio, tomassi, dino baggio, doni etc. Italy have a quality midfield now with players such as totti, fiore, pirlo and gattuso. This is one area that has definately improved.

Upfront, inzaghi and vieri may be gone - but they have luca toni - top scorer in serie A and gilardino - 3rd top scorer in serie A. Added to this, they have cassano who is an extremely talented player.

Italy is definately stronger this WC, and they have a better coach aswell.

Trezeguet has scored an impresive number goals for the games he's played (which hasn't been that many), but he's not got alot to his game and whilst he ceratinly is good there's lots of other strikers I'd rather have than Trezeguet.
    Trezegeut has scored 15 goals in about as many games which is very impressive. He scores goals - he is predator - similar to vieri, batistuta etc. He is a striker, his job is to score goals, and he is one of the best in the world at doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    5-1 United

Rooney hatrick
    I think he meant Rooney with a hatrick of pies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Rooney better than Henry? Not yet! He still has a way to go!!!
    I think they're quite similar in standard.

Henry is one of my fave players of the current era, but i just think Rooney is sublime.

ReputationRep:
    You mean...?

Arsenal 5-1 United

Rooney hatrick of own goals?

I'd cope with that. I guess.
    Lol, in ya dreams

(Original post by kb500)
    I think he meant Rooney with a hatrick of pies...
    Yea, that's exactly what i meant.

ReputationRep:
    as a man city supporter i hope arsenal gub them 3-0 or something. i'd be laughing.

ReputationRep:
    I always find Man U quite entertaining

ReputationRep:
    Why Portsmouth, it seems a strange choice to target.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    the players who won euro 96 retired ages ago.
    Bierhoff, Ziege? If by ages you mean 2 years ago and to my knowledge Jens Nowotny hasn't retired yet.

The point i was making was, Germany has somehow skipped a generation of good players until now and the only way they're going is up, tho they won't make an impact this WC, too early.

ReputationRep:
    Togo (seriously)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Liverpool aren't selling the club down the river to the first character that pops his head round. Morgan, Thai consortium, Mr Kraft, Dubai company have all been knocked back. Thank feck for David Moores.

Pompey fans have no problem with this?
    So long as he's here with good intentions, and Redknapp's position is secure...

I wonder what Redknapp will do :eek: He isn't used to actually having money!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    Bierhoff, Ziege? If by ages you mean 2 years ago and to my knowledge Jens Nowotny hasn't retired yet.

The point i was making was, Germany has somehow skipped a generation of good players until now and the only way they're going is up, tho they won't make an impact this WC, too early.
    Well Jens Nowotny was not in the squd for euro 96.

When i said retired, meant internationally retired - sorry for not maknig that clearer. Bierhoff and Ziege havnt played for the national side for some 4 years.

I agree the group of players, 99 - 02, were awful compared to past german teams. The new bunch coming up are pretty good though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.