The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5180
metoon_3m
hello mates.I have already done this thread in the sport forum,but I thought to do it in the general forum to,in order to get more opinions.
so,this list includes some of the best non-British football club sides all over the history.please,select 5 teams that you think were the greatest in history.vote for exactlly 5 sides-not more and not less than 5(!)
I pick:Juventus 96',Ajax 95',Ajax 71'-73',Milan 89'-90' and Real madrid 56'-60'.
so,what 5 club sides would you vote for???

why?
Fine, don't bother lookin at your previous post.
Reply 5182
Very true, and very good to see in this day and age.
Reply 5183
does anyone know whether the playoffs will be at cardif or wembley this year?
thank you :smile:
Reply 5184
Wembley
Reply 5185
If it's done on time...
Hopefully 4th and good luck to them. :biggrin:

Gem
El Pollo Diablo
If it's done on time...

Yep, big if. :rolleyes:

Gem
dudes,I asked you to select exactlly 5 teams
not to select all of them.
Reply 5189
5th. Wouldn't write anyone off yet.
Reply 5190
My friend suggested this .. won't happen but what do y'all think. 2 different ideas. 1stly: The 3rd placed team gets an automatic place in the final. The 5th and 6th placed teams play-off, the winner gets to play against the 4th place team. The winner of this match gets to play the final against the 3rd place team. This way finishing 6th will still be desirable but there is also an incentive for finishing higher up.

2ndly: They switch the play-offs to a round robin, with everyone playing each other once at neutral venues. The 3rd placed team start on 3 points, the 4th placed team start on 2 points, the 5th placed team start on 1 point and the 6th placed team start on 0 points. Then, the top 2 play off in a final.
Reply 5191
leedsblade
3rd never seems to go up! Not for years anyway I know that.

I thought this was interesting so I looked it up, and you're right! The last team to get promoted when finishing 3rd was Ipswich Town in the 99/00 season after they finished behing Charlton and Manchester City. Amazing really!

leedsblade
But, does make it interesting for the rubbish clubs who are midtable to try and get into top 6. :biggrin:

Like Luton Town :frown:

Except we aren't that rubbish :p:
keep voting mates
Reply 5193
what about capello's milan that reached 3 consecutive finals - they deserve a mention.
Hi all

being on the football boards there has got to be some fans of Soccer AM out there, I love it even if I rarely wake up before it starts!! usually only start watching from 10ish. so just include everything you love (or hate) about Soccer AM

P.S I saw the dancing but missed who the winner was last week, anyone catch who it was? I had to leave early so i wouldn't miss the early kick of of 1:00
It's not exactly fantastic TV but for a nice Saturday morning it's great. I miss it, not having Sky an uni :frown: Some of the jokes are really bad and seem like very poor monty python sketches, but I'm sure they realise this. It sort of adds to the appeal :p:

My favourite bit is third eye! Most poeple like the showboat but I find it boring after a while.
Yeah, I'm a Soccer AM.

I missed the dance comp! I always end up missing it!

Favourite parts of the show?

Showboat [OAB, it's cool. I always like to see what Ronaldinho's been up to each week!]
Crossbar challenge
Third eye
Fans of the week/guests trying their luck with the ball
Taxi
Their piss take of the guys falling over with the war music in the b/ground (can't remember what they call it)
Tubes' question
And the soccerette, of course

Man...I've mentioned quite a large chunk of the show as my favourite. Just goes to show how damn good it is!
sounds like roflbunny does the same as me and watches the show from 10 ish because i usually see all them every week and they are great!
yeah ok so the show has very cheesy jokes but it does just add to the appeal and can often (if needed) as a great hangover cure!!
also just great to get you in the mood for footie before you head off to the game!
Reply 5198
Yay. I love the programme, it actually gets me up early on a Saturday. I end up bringing my duvet and pillows downstairs to watch. Little Elvis won the dance-off, that was such a good show last week - with Danny Butterfield and Jon Macken on the show (C'mon Palace).
Reply 5199
Heard a while ago that Palace were going to put in an offer for him but all's gone quiet. He looks a pretty good player, but tbh Palace have enough strikers at the mo and if anything need to get rid of one, not buy one. Hmm, just had a thought, we could do a swap with them. Give them Wayne Andrews and we'll have Lee

Latest