Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idoit)
    Not all countries use play-offs in their league systems , but alot do with vaious different formats (for example in some countires the bottom teams in the top tier take part in the play-offs like they used to do in England).
    Does that still happen in Scotland?

ReputationRep:
    Jon Parkin will most likely be leaving Macclesfield by the end of the month, I'd have thought. Chester and Lincoln have both put in bids for him, although I don't know if we'll have the cash now, because Gareth McAuley was going to leave us for Crewe for £150k, but that's fallen through now.

ReputationRep:
    Who does everybody think would fit into a combined Spurs/Arsenal side. Given the fact that the teams are currently very close, I thought it would be a very interesting issue.

Here is my XI (4-4-2)

GK Paul ROBINSON
    RB Kolo TOURE
    LB Ashley COLE
    CD Ledley KING
    CD Sol CAMPBELL
    CM Edgar DAVIDS
    CM Michael CARRICK
    RM Aaron LENNON
    LM Robin van PERSIE
    ST Thierry HENRY
    ST Ahmed MIDO

Of course, every Spurs and Arsenal fan will have their own subjective view. I think that there can be very few arguments with the goalkeeper; Robinson is comfortably better than Lehmann or Almunia. Meanwhile, in defence weaknesses such as Cygan and Gardner have been eliminated. I thought that Dawson deserved a place in the side, but was unable to give him one.

Midfield is more of an issue. I think Davids is the lynchpin of the Spurs side this season, so he is in the middle of the park. Although I can understand arguments for Tainio, Jenas, Gilberto and Fabregas to occupy the other central midfield berth, I feel that Carrick has a very good understanding with Davids, therefore he warrants a place in the side. The wings are a contentious issue, perhaps the right more than the left, but I feel that youth is key. Lennon's displays have been excellen in my opinion, although again, some of you may wonder why someone who has only started seven games for Spurs is in the team. On the left, van Persie has been immense, especially that goal in-of-the-post at Highbury. I refuse to have Ljungberg, Reyes or Pires in the team, partly because I don't like them, well, because I don't like them.

Up front, Henry obviously picks himself, and I feel that Mido stands out fromm the Spurs strikers (Defoe's attitude has been poor for me, although I rate Keane highly). Bergkamp is still quality however.

Arsenal 5 Spurs 6 COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bushboy)
    Who does everybody think would fit into a combined Spurs/Arsenal side. Given the fact that the teams are currently very close, I thought it would be a very interesting issue.

Here is my XI (4-4-2)

GK Paul ROBINSON
    RB Kolo TOURE
    LB Ashley COLE
    CD Ledley KING
    CD Sol CAMPBELL
    CM Edgar DAVIDS
    CM Michael CARRICK
    RM Aaron LENNON
    LM Robin van PERSIE
    ST Thierry HENRY
    ST Ahmed MIDO

Of course, every Spurs and Arsenal fan will have their own subjective view. I think that there can be very few arguments with the goalkeeper; Robinson is comfortably better than Lehmann or Almunia. Meanwhile, in defence weaknesses such as Cygan and Gardner have been eliminated. I thought that Dawson deserved a place in the side, but was unable to give him one.

Midfield is more of an issue. I think Davids is the lynchpin of the Spurs side this season, so he is in the middle of the park. Although I can understand arguments for Tainio, Jenas, Gilberto and Fabregas to occupy the other central midfield berth, I feel that Carrick has a very good understanding with Davids, therefore he warrants a place in the side. The wings are a contentious issue, perhaps the right more than the left, but I feel that youth is key. Lennon's displays have been excellen in my opinion, although again, some of you may wonder why someone who has only started seven games for Spurs is in the team. On the left, van Persie has been immense, especially that goal in-of-the-post at Highbury. I refuse to have Ljungberg, Reyes or Pires in the team, partly because I don't like them, well, because I don't like them.

Up front, Henry obviously picks himself, and I feel that Mido stands out fromm the Spurs strikers (Defoe's attitude has been poor for me, although I rate Keane highly). Bergkamp is still quality however.

Arsenal 5 Spurs 6 COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would put Reyes in at LM seeing as Van Persie has hardly played there and given that by your own admission he has been quality I would then put RVP up front with Thierry. 6-5 Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    http://forums.espnstar.com/ar/t23783.htm

ReputationRep:
    Dean Ashton - Man City, Pompy, Charlton and Villa.... Probably end up staying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bushboy)
    advertsing of other forums not allowed and I know it was not meant to be but still linky deleted - no warning points given - this time - Cindy
    Christian Vieri moved to AC Milan in the summer. Check the date of that article.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by md_red_uk)
    Christian Vieri moved to AC Milan in the summer. Check the date of that article.
    Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Norfolk N Chance

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, odd because he has been linked with a remainder of the season move to Tottenham this January

ReputationRep:
    Robinson, Stalteri, King, Campbell, A Cole, Reyes, Ljungberg, Carrick, Davids, Defoe, Henry.

If the Spurs squad was available to Arsenal - I reckon you'd still see the current Arsenal team get fielded.

11-0. How it should be.

Gooners > Yids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    Hmm, odd because he has been linked with a remainder of the season move to Tottenham this January
    Well, he's behind Shevchenko and Gilardino in the pecking order for a place up front. Inzaghi is also there.

ReputationRep:
    Robinson

Lauren King Campbell Cole

Ljungberg Davids Gilberto Reyes

Mido Henry

Close calls were:

Right back - Stalteri has been exceptional, but i feel Lauren has more experience.

Centre Mid - Was tempted with Carrick but Gilberto just nipped in.

ReputationRep:
    Our fans aren't the most imaginative, coming up with beauties such as "Leicester are ****" (repeated to one's heart's content), "We hate Forest and we hate Leicester, we hate Forest and we hate Leicester, we hate Forest and we hate Leicester.....oh we hate Forest and Leicester" and generic things such as "Premiership, you're having a laugh!" (when we we beat Wigan twice - look who's laughing now :rolleyes: ). One decent one, though, is "All things bright and beautiful, All creatures big and small, Derby rule the Midlands, and Forest rule **** all"

ReputationRep:
    ------Robinson

---Kolo - Sol - King - Cole

Lennon - Fabregas - Davids - Pires

-----Defoe - Henry

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think they do it in Holland too

ReputationRep:
    Why are people playing Kolo Toure as a right back?

If he was better than Lauren he'd be playing there.

ReputationRep:
    Why are people playing Kolo Toure as a right back?

If he was better than Lauren he'd be playing there.
    No because he plays in central defence. He is better than Lauren though

Funny how when Spuds fans get a few wins and Arsenal play the poorest they have for a good few seasons they think are as good or better than us.

My Team

----------Robinson--------------

Toure King Campbell Cole

Lennon Silva Fabregas/Hleb Reyes

Henry Van Persie

8-3

ReputationRep:
    he's crap now aswell - clearly past it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.