Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    Whats Ur Predictions Footie Fans, I Say Rovers Will Win Man Utd About 4-2 On Aggregate Lookin At Rovers's Late Form And Man Utd Appaling 0-0 Draw Against Burton Albion Heehee How Pathetic. Arsenal Should Confortably Win Wigan Who Seem To Have Dropped Their Form In The Past Few Games. C,mon Rovers, You Can Do It, U May Have Guessed, I Am A Rovers Fan Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    you are a complete fool. united did not play their first team against burton, they will against rovers. you dont stand a fricking chance

ReputationRep:
    well well well...onece again the championship teaches the football...do the ugly things of the game with style grace and just a tiny bit of skill
    i wont gloat, actually i will a little as it has made my week
    foxes for the cup..and i do keep the faith

ReputationRep:
    Why should Arsenal comfortably beat Wigan? They never did the last time they played them you know.

ReputationRep:
    What's the issue with Fulham losing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peterunitt)
    Who wants the Carling Cup tho??? not the best of silverware
    Better than nothing.

ReputationRep:
    4-4-2. :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    We have a strong team already...
    Least season during the FA Cup third round you won 64% of your matches and were 2nd in the league, 7 points behind Chelsea. This season you are currently fifth and are 24 points behind Chelsea. Does that change anything for you?

ReputationRep:
    Arsene plays his youngsters who probably think they're already through to the final judging by their arrogance vs the mighty doncastor rovers. They might well get embarrassed against wigan with that kind of attitude, as there may not be 10 minutes injury time during extra time.

Man Utd these days are very unpredictable. I think fergie is an idiot really. League/FA cup are his only chances of silverware but he doesn't seem to acknowledge that, looking at his teams.

We (rovers) have no problems admitting that we really want to win the cup and that'll probably be reflected by a full house at ewood. I thin we'll do em oer 2 legs just by the sheer fact that we want it more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Last time I checked this was a student forum. Its only a bit of banter
    It's cool. Maybe im the one taking it a bit too seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    Brings back memories of last week when Morten Gamst Pedersen said he would stay at Blackburn because he doesnt believe Spurs are a much bigger club, the spurs fans burst out laughing and hurled abuse at us, (not on here), well look now, who is more likely to win anything this season?
    To be honest, I wouldn't want to have him on our squad, maybe on the bench We have 3 better strikers. We'll just have to wait and see where we, and Blackburn, finish this season.

ReputationRep:
    Pedersen is a Left Winger.... the one position where Spurs do not have an abundance of players. Thats why you are now interested in Riberi (Spelling?)...

Andy Reid is currently your only naturally left footed midfielder, someone like Pedersen would stroll straight into the Spurs side for that reason alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Least season during the FA Cup third round you won 64% of your matches and were 2nd in the league, 7 points behind Chelsea. This season you are currently fifth and are 24 points behind Chelsea. Does that change anything for you?
    No because its exactly the same team except for 1 player.

ReputationRep:
    It's bound to be Leeds. We're the famous Leeds United and we're off to Wemberley, ... wemberley wemberley. We'll have Chelsea at Elland Road in the quarters, and dispose of them 2-0, followed by the Mancs in the Semi (dodgy 1-0 at Villa Park) followed by Villa, that's right Villa in the final.

And no I'm not off my head. 1972 ... 2006 ... 2040 ... (every 34 years)

ReputationRep:
    Coventry City, we'r on form at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Can a mod please sticky this page so that everyone gets a chance to see it. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Am I that scary??

^ I think i've found a name!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Who are we? ...Shouted as "Who are ya, who are ya"

ReputationRep:
    well, i'd be surprised if wigan play a full strength team. they havent done in any cup competition yet this season. jewell is just making sure he gets to 40 points asap. but still, wigan's cup team have got this far, dont see why they can't beat arsenal youngsters. i think united will beat blackburn, simply because they need something from this season.

ReputationRep:
    Despite being retired (became a rower), I've been roped into playing for my college after filling in one day. Two footed midfielder, normally either sitting in front of the defence or driving down the left side. master of the deadball with right foot, killer volley with both, tho not usually at the same time. i cant make 15th Feb tho, sorry.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.