Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    I think he means that they have a pretty huge fan base? St James' is a bit of a beast of a stadium? Nop, can't think of anything else...
    They've never won anything!

ReputationRep:
    1 team city and they think their fans are amazing pffftttttt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    1 team city and they think their fans are amazing pffftttttt
    Awful team

ReputationRep:
    Despite the fact that I played football every Sunday for 10 years, I never really sustained any bad injuries to note. The worst was probably a thigh strain or something. That's about it. I was the one doing the injuries..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Vieira*

Yeah I was originally gonna suggest Javier Zanetti, quality player! Well.. of course; we could stick Tony Hibbert in there?
    yeh zanetti is excellent - ery underrated. He hardly ever makes a mistake and is good in both defense and attack.

ReputationRep:
    ok newcastle was crap, i dunno what i was thinking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    ok newcastle was crap, i dunno what i was thinking!
    woooo!

ReputationRep:
    ok confused!! y hav i got a neg rep from this thread?

ReputationRep:
    i just applied aswell.

ReputationRep:
    I've approved you ba_ba1.

I don't think the league will need any assistants for now unless the number of people applying is a lot. I'll bear you in mind though, Peter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    I've approved you ba_ba1.

I don't think the league will need any assistants for now unless the number of people applying is a lot. I'll bear you in mind though, Peter.
    thats alrite, shud get more ppl, I cant see y pp wudnt want to its a good system that they have.

ReputationRep:
    allo

(Original post by Firebird)
    Okay, I am a defender because I'm tall and scary and not afraid of tackling. So how exactly do I slide? Which leg do I slide on? The one kicking the ball away?
    The leg furthest away from the ball to hook with, so slide on t'other side. It depends where you're coming in from as to which to go down on, although you might have a preference as to which side.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see Wenger finally getting the cheque book out but this looks a massive gamble to me. We havent been successfull with signing English players and the fee seems very high. Rumours of 15m but I feel it will be closer to 10m, 5m straight up and 5m depending on appearances. He does look a class act from what ive seen from clips but not sure what Arsenal need at this time. We did sign Diaby though yesterday who is supposed to be the next Vieira. The best bit is 'Chelsea are still interested, but it is understood the player prefers Arsenal'. Opinions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peterunitt)
    thats alrite, shud get more ppl, I cant see y pp wudnt want to its a good system that they have.
    It is a really fun game - we've got six members which is enough for a league but I'll wait for another few days before starting the season so anyone else who is interested can join.

Two more applications have been approved

ReputationRep:
    I want to start trading my players. Can you improve their skill? I've only figured out how to improve their form.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh i tried to do that quiz thing lost 750000 econ straight away, im already in debt. this manager lark isnt for all of us

(Original post by Firebird)
    So I'm on the attacker's right, so I slide in to my left on my left leg and kick with my right?
    Well, yes, unless you want to cut to his left. The way I play it is that I'm always facing the attacker and the ball, not contort my body into wigout positions to stab the ball away. If, as you say, you're a big ch, I'd try and keep on my feet as much as possible and force it, with sliding as a last ditch option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by md_red_uk)
    I want to start trading my players. Can you improve their skill? I've only figured out how to improve their form.
    Skills change at the end of each season depending on different variables.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield Wednesday perhaps?
    Although if sleeping giant is being interpretted as lots of people turning up week in week out to watch a team that wins nothing and is generally doing badly, lots of clubs could apply :P

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.