Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murkery)
    Your opinion on the Czech Rep is based on **** all.... that's why its wrong.

4 matches... fair play.. considerin you travel to Italy for it thats fair enough - I have to travel back to Czech Republic so I know its an effort.

Still - you ever been to an International match though, or tournament?
    Well its not based on **** all, i have seen some Czech matches as i have said before. You probably know more since you are a keen follower, but i just feel your opinion is a bit biased aswell since you support the Czech's.

Yes getting to Czech Republic must be a real mission - how many of their matches do you see per year?

Nope i havnt been to an international tournament though i have been to see Italy play qualifying matches and other random friendlies. You got tickets to Geramny then?

ReputationRep:
    Anymore want to join up before the league starts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    No sleeping giant is a team that was once a giant of football, but now, it no longer is (sleeping).
    Umm, maybe. However, surely Hull and Plymouth and big clubs that have yet to reach potential and are "waking up"?

Also Nottingham Forest aren't sleeping, they're hibernating!

ReputationRep:
    Most of my Family still live in the Czech Rep so its not too bad making the trip as they sort out the tickets for the matches and stuff, I got to all the home qualifying matches, the away matches vs Holland and Romania and both legs of the playoff. I go to nearly all their home matches really - apart from a few freindlies or if I have something stopping me from making the trip.

Yeah I've got the team ticket to Czech Repulic's games in Germany, so that should be good - Expensive though, compared to Czech prices lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murkery)
    Most of my Family still live in the Czech Rep so its not too bad making the trip as they sort out the tickets for the matches and stuff, I got to all the home qualifying matches, the away matches vs Holland and Romania and both legs of the playoff. I go to nearly all their home matches really - apart from a few freindlies or if I have something stopping me from making the trip.

Yeah I've got the team ticket to Czech Repulic's games in Germany, so that should be good - Expensive though, compared to Czech prices lol
    #

Yeh the tickets are real expensive for Italy matches aswell - thats why i can't go.

Just wondering, what would you put as the Czechs best team currently? Pretty much the same as euro 04 i would have thought?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne Auraque)
    Umm, maybe. However, surely Hull and Plymouth and big clubs that have yet to reach potential and are "waking up"?

Also Nottingham Forest aren't sleeping, they're hibernating!
    Hehe i suppoe if Nottingham Forest is hibernating, then someone like Napoli are unconscious, in a coma, and in a critical condition!

yeh whats your point?
    I'm agreeing with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    I'm agreeing with you.
    cool! rep for that

ReputationRep:
    #

Yeh the tickets are real expensive for Italy matches aswell - thats why i can't go.

Just wondering, what would you put as the Czechs best team currently? Pretty much the same as euro 04 i would have thought?
    Yeah pretty much same as Euro 2004:

-------------------Cech

Grygera----Rozehnal----Ujfalusi----Jankulovski

------------------Galasek

Poborsky-------Rosicky--------Nedved

------------Koller-----Baros

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cybercool)
    Which countries would you say to look out for in the World Cup.

For starters I would say Paraguay they are a very good team ( pace and attacking )

Who would you say ?
    I think that Croatia have a strong team and although i am an England fan going to the world cup (if out exams have finished) i would like to see them go quite far.

ReputationRep:
    sorry, signed up now

ReputationRep:
    ------------Kahn--------------
    Cafu---Desailly---Maldini--R.Carlos
    Figo---Zidane--Vieira----Rivaldo
    -----Ronaldinho-------------
    --------Ronaldo-------------

Subs - Schmeichel, J.Zanneti, Nedved, Keane, Shevchenko

ReputationRep:
    I think ive signed up too

ReputationRep:
    Added you both to the league Thanks.

I'll start the league up on the 18th January. Games will be played on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Anybody else who wants to join the league has until the 18th to register

ReputationRep:
    im game

ReputationRep:
    Can someone pm me and explain how to play a little more in depth + direct me to where i can understand the game a little more :p: im a little confused so far

ReputationRep:
    cantona?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mortimer)
    cantona?
    thats funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Can someone pm me and explain how to play a little more in depth + direct me to where i can understand the game a little more :p: im a little confused so far
    On the Xpert Eleven Screen, click 'Rules' in the left hand side menu. Everything you need to know about how Xpert Eleven works in contained in those pages

Two more applications have been accepted

ReputationRep:
    yea i worked it out now just spend ages reading it all.. doesnt sound too complex though
    i swear someone invited me even though im already in the league?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.