The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Chelsea have Scott Sinclair anyway, who played in the Football League when he was 15. Chelsea also 'spotted' Theo Walcott at a very early age, before Southampton, but just used him as a ball boy which wasn't enough for him to sign. To be fair he's better off at Arsenal.
Is it happening or what? :biggrin:
Reply 6082
2-0 Liverpool Stevie G and Pongolle!!!
peterunitt
2-0 Liverpool Stevie G and Pongolle!!!

In your dreams.
Reply 6084
jaydoh
In your dreams.

Lets see on sunday!
Higgy isn't a continental man
Generally he does sign class young players....the only problem is that most of them arent English

He also gets rid of them, even if they're a class player. Usually shipped out on loan for a season, and they never return. Matthew Upson, Jermaine Pennant.

He also has a thing against brilliant keepers. Stuart Taylor could've easily been number one if Wenger wasn't so obsessed about experience.
Hell, him and Shaaban could've alternated.
But instead we have the likes of Almunia, and Matt Poom (Sunderland loan, think of that) swelling our goalie ranks.
Reply 6086
Murkery
Great chant, especially on European nights when its not just the Kop doing it but the whole ground...

Where abouts do you boys normally sit at Anfield? And do any of you get to many aways?

Yah, 'tis ace when it gets rockin'. Wish it was like that every game, can be like a crypt at times. Don't get to many away matches these days, as we gave up our season tickets when we moved dahn sarf. In other words, sit wherever we can get tickets. When I manage to get back up there I end up sponging off family who have season tickets, on the Kop an Kemlyn (lower). You?
2-1 liverpool... one from Stevie G and another from Alonso... this time from Reina's penalty box.... :p:
1-0 Liverpool - Not sure of scorer maybe Riise!
Can't see United winning it. Rafa Benitez is creating a wonderful team in Liverpool though.
I think i prefer Liverpools chances..
Liverpool current have a strong and on form midfield.. whereas ManU are struggling in that area.. midfield is where a lot of the play takes place..
ManU very strong in their strikers but Liverpool rock solid in defence
Liverpool bit weak in finishing, but ManU defense isnt all that...
I think the midfield will swing it for liverpool and score will be 2-1
For every henry that arsene has bought, theres been a jeffers. For every anelka theres been a cygan. But he makes up for all these woeful signgings by his incredible ones ala herny, anelka and then he turns little players into massive profits (anelka and vieria).
Arsenal should of bought SWP? they attempted and were priced out by chelsea, SWP is obviously a money grabber happy to spend time on the bench instead of improving his career and owen is not the answer to arsenals problems. Henry is a lethal finisher, so why would they need a crabon yet a lot worse copy of him? Van persie and reyes are fantastic signings, plus fabregas. He generally has a wonderful vision for talent unlike jose who is just buying up anyone who gets himself a newspaper headline and gerrard houiller who paid over the top prices for bad attitude players
Murkery
ALLLLLLLLLL round the fields of anfield road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (AND HE COULD PLAY)
We had Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
of Glory, all round the fields of Anfield Road...

^^^^^^^

Great chant, especially on European nights when its not just the Kop doing it but the whole ground...

Where abouts do you boys normally sit at Anfield? And do any of you get to many aways?

Kop, block 202 whenever i can. Havent sat outside the kop this season. Can only attend aways relatively close like man unt, everton, bolton etc
And i think ive onyl ever seen the centernay stand up and sign FOAR once since ive been there, during the chelsea semi final last year. They are usually deader than a hearse
Liverpool 3 Man united 0
Cisse
Gerrard
Crouch

Out for pride after their defeat to man city, man united push forward time after time playing the tempo high. Shame they midfield dynamo of smith and fletcher cannot keep up with alonso and sissoko. Liverpool the one form team, confidence and no fear vs a team so inconsistent its unbelievable.
formation
-------------reina-------------
finnan--hyypia--carra---risse
---------------------------------
gerrard---sissoko--alonso---kewell
----------cisse---------------
------------crouch-------------
Reply 6094
calderstonesLFC
And i think ive onyl ever seen the centernay stand up and sign FOAR once since ive been there, during the chelsea semi final last year. They are usually deader than a hearse

Yah, it really can be poor at times, though it has its moments. I blame the exec boxes.
I don't think Reyes is all that, especially costing £17.5m.
Needs some colour a little purple perhaps, I like purple.
Stepanovs
Luzhny
Cygan
Gremandi
Pennant
Flamini
Richard Wright
Francis Jeffers
Almunia

Would you like me to continue.
Reply 6098
Should England practice penalties for the World Cup?
Yes. Everyone should. Even goalkeepers.

Latest