The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yep. :biggrin:
Xenon
To be honest, you could kick the ball sweetly in practice but unless you can hold your nerve under pressure, it won't really work. Practice taking a few penalties but don't devote too much time on it. It's all down to what happens under pressure!

If you do it enough it becomes second nature and therefore you do not worry about the pressure as your confidence in your own abilities increases.
Im sure they practise penalties? :rolleyes:
or should we kidnap their loved ones and tell them if they miss we will kill them to create tension? :rolleyes:
Don't see Manure scoring against us, anyone who thinks they will is an ignorant idiot.

Probably a 1-0 win for us, possibly two. Worst: 0-0.
You have the joint meanest defence with Chelsea albeit having played two games less (or is it fewer? lol). Well done to Liverpool though.
liverpool didnt practice penalties in the run up to the cl final.. ac did...
md_red_uk
Stepanovs
Luzhny
Cygan
Gremandi
Pennant
Flamini
Richard Wright
Francis Jeffers
Almunia

Would you like me to continue.

Yeh please, continue..
Henry
Anelka
Viera
Van persie
Reyes
Ljunberg
Pires

do you wont me to continue?
calderstonesLFC
Yeh please, continue..
Henry
Anelka
Viera
Van persie
Reyes
Ljunberg
Pires

do you wont me to continue?

For someone who cost £17.5m who may not have made the first-team at his previous team was this wise? Ljundberg was a good buy but his fear of flying is somewhat of a drawback, to no fault of Wenger though. Add to that list Bergkamp.
fernando
its all about checkouts at Waitrose - got to work an extra two hours on the 23rd so that they can open longer for last min xmas shopping :mad:

I'm not trained on checkouts but want to get trained on cash office and stock control since I would have had the opportunity at Sainsbury's had the bakery not been so reliant on me. Then again, I always got the overtime I wanted (whenever overtime was required I basically had first say), shifts (within reason), go to lunch and breaks as and when I please, left alone to do what I need to do etc. It's great having that autonomy. I've seen in other places that work can be pretty hierarchial but when I've been around that more or less goes out of the window.
NDGAARONDI
For someone who cost £17.5m who may not have made the first-team at his previous team was this wise? Ljundberg was a good buy but his fear of flying is somewhat of a drawback, to no fault of Wenger though. Add to that list Bergkamp.

Bergkamp is the one who's scared of flayng, not ljungberg. Besides, bergkamp wasn't signed by wenger, it was rioch who signed him wasn't it?

Yeh please, continue..

I donn't think anyone questions he's signed some good players. Its just that people always bang on about him never signing duds or being wasteful like other managers. he just signs a lot of players who are unheard of, so that there's no expectations built up only to be knocked down.

PS: To all the gooners fan, is it as si,ple as Vieira leaving which explains the away form this season, or is there another explanation? it doesn't make sense to me when they're so solid at home.
NDGAARONDI

I doubt we have actually paid 17.5m

--------------

NDGAARONDI
And it might depend on your view with Senderos. To be honest I think the guy can make it good even at Arsenal but this is an important part of his career. He played well last season and it was no fluke but this year, ever since being roughed up by the Drog in the Community Shield, he's been lacking confidence. Confidence is a large part in sport so I'll wait and see about him.

Did you see the game? Senderos had that fat lump is his back pocket. He coped very well imo

--------------

md_red_uk
Stepanovs
Luzhny
Cygan
Gremandi
Pennant
Flamini
Richard Wright
Francis Jeffers
Almunia

Would you like me to continue.

Flamini? We got him for hardly anything and he has been solid so far.
Economist
Did you see the game? Senderos had that fat lump is his back pocket. He coped very well imo

:toofunny: :rofl: If Drogba is a fat lump I don't know what Campbell is.
Jimmocrates
Bergkamp is the one who's scared of flayng, not ljungberg. Besides, bergkamp wasn't signed by wenger, it was rioch who signed him wasn't it?

Ah my bad.

Jimmocrates
I donn't think anyone questions he's signed some good players. Its just that people always bang on about him never signing duds or being wasteful like other managers. he just signs a lot of players who are unheard of, so that there's no expectations built up only to be knocked down.

Exactly.

Jimmocrates
PS: To all the gooners fan, is it as si,ple as Vieira leaving which explains the away form this season, or is there another explanation? it doesn't make sense to me when they're so solid at home.

Vieira being the sole reason is just too simplistic.
NDGAARONDI
:toofunny: :rofl: If Drogba is a fat lump I don't know what Campbell is.

He's allowed to be, he plays in defence :wink:
Actually on a serious note that could help him as long as it doesn't affect his health thus affecting his performances. So when you have physical strikers you can use your weight to your advantage so that you don't get brushed aside so easily. :smile:
NDGAARONDI
Ivory Coast probably.

Drogba scored a good penalty today
Prad
Nice start to the season.. :rofl:

why have i drawn both times 2-2 :mad:
fernando
Drogba scored a good penalty today

Lol

Eto'o scored a good hatrick today

Forza Cameroon!!
Ghana!!!!!!!!
Reply 6159
Economist
I'm not sure whether it is allowed or not, it was rumoured a possible option but Wenger wanted him to train with us rather than getting burnt out at Soton.
I read today that it's not possible to loan him out until he has a professional contract. At the moment, with him being 16 he's on an apprenticeship thing or something (£90 per week), it's against FA rules to send him out on loan

Latest