The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6160
jusfarhan
Don't see Manure scoring against us, anyone who thinks they will is an ignorant idiot.

Probably a 1-0 win for us, possibly two. Worst: 0-0.
lol, just because we don't concede often doesn't mean we won't concede. I didn't expect us to concede against Everton, but that was less likely than the prospect ManU scoring against us
Reply 6161
They've got a better chance than any. Probably the best forward line of the Prem, the bastards.
Reply 6162
El Chueco
liverpool didnt practice penalties in the run up to the cl final.. ac did...
Exactly, so we should practice them. Oh no, hang on, what happened in that game.....? :wink:
Reply 6163
Murkery
uergghh.. Kemlyn Lower... its like a mortuary in there lol - I try and stay away from the Cent whenever possible because it seems like only 2 people in each block sing.

202 is a great shout though, always rocking in there.. I usually go for 202/208 in the Kop, or if Kop is sold out jus go for MW in the main stand so you still get the noise from 202... Anny Road lower can be quite good aswell, aslong as your not in the back row.

I'm down south too though, but on the PTS so alot of travelling involved for home games - get to any away that goes on general aswell coz I ain't got a season ticket - been to some good and some bad - shame though, I've got 5 away credits from last season and still have to wait til general sale to get an away ticket this season, where as Season ticket holders with 4,3,2,1 and then even no credits get to go before me :frown:

Hopefully Fan card priority will work there way into the Away ticket selling stages next season as well as ST's...

Agreed, the Centenary is a right miserable shower at times. Guess that'll be a plus side if we eventually move stadiums: don't wanna leave Anfield but there'll be more season tickets available. S'long as we get decent turnouts from people who sing and love the club - as opposed to the prawn sandwich brigade - we'll be fine.
Reply 6164
jamlan
Exactly, so we should practice them. Oh no, hang on, what happened in that game.....? :wink:

Which one? There were two games that night. Milan raped us the first, we were pwetty smooth t'other.
El Chueco
liverpool didnt practice penalties in the run up to the cl final.. ac did...
That's ********.
What's wrong Mikey'o? :biggrin:
maybe its a case of not practising pens, just working out who CAN take the [email protected] not letting the likes of Batty, Southgate and Ince take them...best we put Becks on that list too... Reckon Gerrad AND Lamps might have to thou....has that thread calmed down yet....
Doesn't matter... just depends who can hold their nerve, and whether the player can accurately place the ball...
And not be open like a book to the keeper.. very psychological against the keeper too..
if 5 players of the england squad wanted to take them?
1. J.Cole
2. Owen
3. Lampard
4. Gerrad
5. Rooney
jamlan
I read today that it's not possible to loan him out until he has a professional contract. At the moment, with him being 16 he's on an apprenticeship thing or something (£90 per week), it's against FA rules to send him out on loan

probably right there - i think its a scholars contract until his birthday in march
Raindance
They've got a better chance than any. Probably the best forward line of the Prem, the bastards.

man u have the best record for first 45 mins this season so far according to OPTA , whereas Liverpool are 5th
Reply 6172
fernando
man u have the best record for first 45 mins this season so far according to OPTA , whereas Liverpool are 5th

Well yes, that's what I'm saying. However, there's not much point scoring early if you can't keep up the whole match.
Reply 6173
Don't write off Morocco. We were hard done by in the game against Ivory Coast, and I fully expect results in the next two games.
If we move to a new stadium, a 'singing' section really does need to be incorpotated to get the other fans to join in. Some of the games lately have been depressing noise wise, some twáts even resorting to that shíte 'easy easy' chant. Anyone who sings that in my proximity is gona get an earful
NDGAARONDI
Ljundberg was a good buy but his fear of flying is somewhat of a drawback, to no fault of Wenger though.

Its bergkamp who wont fly by the way!
And know one is saying that wenger doesnt sign duds, every manager does it its just wengers high flyers are larger than his duds.
As for reyes, the lad is class. if liverpool offered arsenal 17.5 mil now for him id snap him up soon as possible, giving the right training and mentoring he can be a world class player.
Vieria is not the only problem for arsenals failure this season, this season was always going to be a transition season but its been made harder by teams clocking on to arsenal not liking physical football and instead kicking them of the pitch
NDGAARONDI
The fee for this guy is a bit high isn't it? Five goals in 22 appearances I hear. Not even a regular in a Championship side too. They say he's the next big thing in English talent but I've heard that before with Francis Jeffers.

--------------

I can see Arsenal finishing fifth.

The fee isnt 12 million upfront, it is a structored deal that will probably include say 3 million upfront.. 5 million after 'so many apperances'..2 mil after 20 goals or something and 2 mil for a champions league win etc.

--------------

Raindance
You reckon you're the only ones? Chelsea are reportedly making a £15m offer for Simao, then loaning him back to Benfica for the season. Is that even legal?

Exactly, jose isnt bothered about buying talent, just stopping other people form buying it. Hes got such a big agenda about liverpool im sure hed loan lampard and terry to AC milan if we met them in a final ever agen
Any players out there? There seems to be a large fanbase of supporters and watchers but not so many serious/semi-serious players.

If so, who do you play for, in what age group, league, area and what sort of success do you have? What position do you play and how do you reckon you compare to others? Are you looking for a break into Professional Football, using Football to train and condition yourself or just using it as a kickabout/way to enjoy yourself at the weekend?

Maybe we should get some sort of society going if there isn't one already?
NDGAARONDI
Actually on a serious note that could help him as long as it doesn't affect his health thus affecting his performances. So when you have physical strikers you can use your weight to your advantage so that you don't get brushed aside so easily. :smile:
Dude, a he's big black guy. He doesn't need to be bulky to throw his weight around. He can do that naturally!
ok,but everyone has his all time favourite players and teams.

Latest