Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    If we move to a new stadium, a 'singing' section really does need to be incorpotated to get the other fans to join in. Some of the games lately have been depressing noise wise, some twáts even resorting to that shíte 'easy easy' chant. Anyone who sings that in my proximity is gona get an earful
    Eugh. People only chant that when they have nothing else; pretty sorry state of things. You'd hope we're above that. Soccer AM knows where it can stick it back up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murkery)
    uergghh.. Kemlyn Lower... its like a mortuary in there lol - I try and stay away from the Cent whenever possible because it seems like only 2 people in each block sing.
    Try having a season ticket in the Main Stand (right next to the directors box) it's like death sometimes! All the suits around talking on thier mobiles throughout the game :mad: lol

I'd much rather they extend Annie Road (we own the next street don't we?) out and rebuild the Main Stand, but I suppose the club's already been into that. New stadium's pretty far along the pipeline I guess now? Wonder what they're gonna name it. Hope there's not all this merchandising malarkey where we'd get ridiculous names for the ground and stands. Anything other than Anfield would be a shambles.

ReputationRep:
    How can it be justified to pay £1.5m to a man, when the player wanted to go to the club and the club wanted the player? This sort of dealing is sickening.:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4636478.stm

ReputationRep:
    Redeveloping Anfield has been looked at time and time again. The only viable option is to rebuild the Main Stand and make the Anny Road three tier but it's not worth it financially and will make the stadium look like a spacecraft.

ReputationRep:
    ahwell man u loosing out allround then. Sounds fine to me.

ReputationRep:
    i think they prefer the term leeching

ReputationRep:
    Stretford is Rooney's agent and he's a ****, all clubs have to pay extortionate agents fees. Simon Jordan the Crystal Palace chairman missed out on Tim Cahill last season because he didn't want to pay the agent's fees.

ReputationRep:
    As Gill explains there, the money would otherwise be paid in another form. Its just there job so i dont see the problem, if theres a market for it they'll do it.

ReputationRep:
    Stuff like this has been happening for ages and will not go away until the FA do something about it and the price tag that some footballers have. A lot of people have become greedy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    As Gill explains there, the money would otherwise be paid in another form. Its just there job so i dont see the problem, if theres a market for it they'll do it.
    What has this agent actually done though to justify being given £1.5m whihc fans have put in to a club. Gill says that if they didn't pay it, rooney would have had to pay it. Why would such an extortionate fee have to be paid when rooney wanted to leave and man utd wanted the player. its not as though either party were objecting to the move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmocrates)
    What has this agent actually done though to justify being given £1.5m whihc fans have put in to a club. Gill says that if they didn't pay it, rooney would have had to pay it. Why would such an extortionate fee have to be paid when rooney wanted to leave and man utd wanted the player. its not as though either party were objecting to the move.
    there was probably something in stretfords contract which would make him a certain % of rooneys transfer fee which trurned out to be 1.5m

(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    -------------reina-------------
    finnan--hyypia--carra---risse
    ---------------------------------
    gerrard---sissoko--alonso---kewell
    ----------cisse---------------
    ------------crouch-------------
    Bang on right, give the boy a medal! Well, you've got my rep anyway. Right, I'm off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    Bang on right, give the boy a medal! Well, you've got my rep anyway. Right, I'm off.
    Well.. if only i got the score right to :mad: never mind lads keep your head up and look forward to the next game. winning that gameand our 2 in hand could of took us within 5 points of the title and chelsea still to play, but a well. 90 min header is a bad way to lose, considering we comanded the pitch for the whole 90 mins.,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    Don't see Manure scoring against us, anyone who thinks they will is an ignorant idiot.

Probably a 1-0 win for us, possibly two. Worst: 0-0.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I support Man United, Ferdinand scored but in the grand plan of things, this result means squat. Chelsea have won the league and 'pool and united fight out second position. wow....

ferdinand is a nób head too.

ReputationRep:
    So many critical points I could raise but theres no point cos im not the manager. I just hope Rafa sorts the attack out, he ses we needed CD and winget, no we need a striker.

ReputationRep:
    RIO RIO RIO RIO etc

ReputationRep:
    well rio was class 2day althou the game woz well borin' 3 points to UTD still a small matter of 14 points to make up to chelsea but you never now all chelsea players could fall ill with the avian flu and chelsea might have to play an XI that is not worth over 200 million!

ReputationRep:
    atleast will still hav 2 games in hand.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.