Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    most of the english bosses are either inexperienced or good club managers. dont fink they wud do aswel 4 country. tho huddink could, look what he did 4 south korea. wud be interesting with a better squad of players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    I know we have a huge football thread, but most of the topics clash there. Wouldn't it be sensible to have football sub-forums i.e Premiership, Championship, Scottish, World, International????
    When we jst had the Sorts forum, we had clashes of threads and even if we had seperate forums we would still ahve clashes and overlaps. I feel it is fine for now and seems to be running smoothly (I hope).

Should you think something clashes and has been posted under a different title, then please use the post report function, it is your friend.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody cares about the Championship.. :cool:

Keep it all as it is!

ReputationRep:
    Hiddink will have managed three international sides in major tournaments (he was successful with Holland and South Korea and just getting Australia to a World Cup is an achievement). As well as tremendous international experience he is also doing a terrific job with PSV. I find it hilarious that England's xenophobia might stop them getting one of the best coaches in the world.

ReputationRep:
    I touched a ball past some donkey of a defender who proceeded to follow straight through on my extended leg. I heard a snap and it hurt like hell so I'd presumed my leg had been broken. Turned out the guy had split right through my shinpad - got a massive bruise and limped for weeks, but that's why you should always wear sinpads kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by achwplc)
    wat abt Sir Alex!!
    He should have managed Scotland after Man Utd from 2002/03 season. I think people are after an English manager, not that I'm too bothered over whether is someone Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish or English etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    Nope. You have UFT, but also LD UFT, and nearer the time I'm sure there will be a WC2006 thread. If you want more scope for discussion, create threads and keep them popular.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    There is no English manager good enough at this point.

ReputationRep:
    I like Curbishley but I have a feeling McClaren will sneak in briefly.

ReputationRep:
    maybe im biased but........steve coppell anyone....lol

ReputationRep:
    As a Korean, I'm biased, but Hiddink is simply one of the best coaches in the world at the moment~!!

Semi-finals with Holland and South Korea, and recently Champions League semi-final and only just losing out to AC Milan...
    This season, after losing the bulk of the last season's squad (Van Bommel, Vogel, Park Ji-Sung, Lee Young-Pyo, Bouma), PSV are top in their domestic league and also recorded a home victory against Milan in the Champions Leage group stages...
    He also took the Aussies to the World Cup for the first time in ages..
    All this while balancing the 2 jobs!!!

I don't think England can do much worse than Hiddink...
    He seems pretty positive about coming to England as well...

ReputationRep:
    juventus losing 3-0 to roma, barcelona going 3-0 to zaragoza in the space of five minutes, then fighting back... lordy lordy.

ReputationRep:
    What does Ellen MacArthur and the scottish national team have in common?

whenever they go overseas for sporting tournaments they both come back in record times! LOLLLLL

yes i heard it on talkSport

post up your hilarious footy jokes...

ReputationRep:
    both finished 3-2 didnt they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Nobody cares about the Championship.. :cool:

Keep it all as it is!
    Won't do after this season for a year.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Zaragoza won 4-2.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds

ReputationRep:
    i watch football only during major events like the world cup...so u might say i dont really understand football...but i know lots of couples whos relationship are deteriotin because of THE conflict of interest...the typical HE luvs football; she doesn't. So i think u gals out there, should seriously think about it.

ReputationRep:
    Woman thinking reasonably! :eek: ( )
    My girlfriend for one doesn't really understand the whole football thing. She supports everton, and while she likes watching everton, she'd never want to or understand why i'd sit and watch a game where neither of the teams were one's which I support.
    Some other girls i know have said they don't understand this, the old "my bf had just been playing in his 5 a side team then wanted to watch football when he came home, i don't understand"

All you women out there who understand this male trait, are going to be much appreciated by your fella's.

ReputationRep:
    Regarding Arsenal's Carling Cup semi-final exit:

There once was a team called the Arse
    Who shouted Olé with each pass
    They tried cocky tactics
    But misjudged the Latics
    And proved once again they're a farce

Olé!

No idea which team supporters invented it. Either Wigan or Chelsea.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.