The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6620
I feel for him. There's a ridiculous amount of expectation weighing down on him, especially considering he only returned from injury recently. Probably needs time to get his head straight, and could do without the hacks on his back.
Didn't you just know Boumsong and Bramble would come up in this somewhere...?:rolleyes:
Reply 6622
maybe he's at home
Reply 6623
sol must be on hol
lol doesn't everyone need one of those out and out goal scorers?

we should just spend a good 15m on someone from the continent come summer time. half the problem is attracting them to the club, but hopefully we'll be able to play well enough this season to do that.

although keane and defoe may not be greaaat together, we can't have rasiak in the equation.
Rainy
I feel for him. There's a ridiculous amount of expectation weighing down on him, especially considering he only returned from injury recently. Probably needs time to get his head straight, and could do without the hacks on his back.

Same here, it must be dreadful to have such a heavy burden on your shoulders. some of his performances of late have showed a drastic fall in skill wether this is personal problems or age i am not to sure. For the record wenger has given him 5 days break he hasnt just gone AWOL. Hope he gets his head together soon
The guy is a model professional. When ever has he lashed out, made a personal attack etc?

Sol gets on with his job well, and his recent performances might not be at the top of his game, but germany is a definite. He looks and covers for his defence well and takes the pressure off the younger kids. There has always been gay slurs about him since he was at Tottenham, just because he never had a girlfriend. Its so sad.

He really is a great defender who just needs a bit of support.
Reply 6627
I have it on strict authority that Sol Campbell is actually hiding inside Michael Barrymore. He is taking time to reassess his options and will probably discover a new way of preparing bratwurst. He’ll also work on a cure for crying.
The rumour is that he has AIDS or Hepatitis B.
Reply 6629
I think they were limited edition wernt they?
Reply 6630
Egypt!!!
Reply 6631
The guy is a model professional.

Sol "I will sign a contract in 6 months" Campbell is it?
Reply 6632
I don't find it particularly funny
Sydney
Obviously, not good news for England, but to be honest his recent performances and lack of fitness wouldn't merit a trip to Germany this summer anyway, so fingers crossed for Ledley King :biggrin:
If he has personal problems that are interfering with his game, it's understandable that he'd have poor performances. All signs point him having big problems, judging by the noises coming from the club. It would be nice if everyone just left him alone, but that ain't gonna happen is it
Also, Sven loves Rio, so King would only be a back-up
Reply 6633
morgangills
The rumour is that he has AIDS or Hepatitis B.

No one (in the public eye) knows what's wrong, there's no point speculating.
I have always been mad about football and it was our mutual fanaticism that was a catalyst in me getting together with my boyfriend.

We support different teams (him Villa, me Wednesday) but we happily go to each others matches and cheer each others teams on. That obviously wouldn't be the case if we were in the same league (or if he supported the Blades :biggrin: )but the way Wednesday are playing at the moment I'm sure thats never going to pose a problem :rolleyes:

He also told me that he told someone at his uni that part of the reason he loves me is because I love football...:love: (sorry but it just made me so happy :smile: )

He is so passionate about it and knows a hell of a lot and I really admire that about him.
walshie
The guy is a model professional.
Asking to be subbed at half time and then buggering off without contact for two days is hardly professional although it is really out of character. I accept he could have serious personal troubles but there's nothing stopping him making a short call to the boss.

walshie
Sol gets on with his job well, and his recent performances might not be at the top of his game, but germany is a definite. He looks and covers for his defence well and takes the pressure off the younger kids. There has always been gay slurs about him since he was at Tottenham, just because he never had a girlfriend. Its so sad.

He really is a great defender who just needs a bit of support.

If anything he has been putting more pressure on the team and defence. He has been shocking.

However, PLEASE COME BACK SOL :mad:
kpg
No one (in the public eye) knows what's wrong, there's no point speculating.
I merely mentioned the rumour that is doing the rounds.

I didn't pass judgement on the comment, or its validity so I don't see your point.
LauraJane14
I have always been mad about football and it was our mutual fanaticism that was a catalyst in me getting together with my boyfriend.

We support different teams (him Villa, me Wednesday) but we happily go to each others matches and cheer each others teams on. That obviously wouldn't be the case if we were in the same league (or if he supported the Blades :biggrin: )but the way Wednesday are playing at the moment I'm sure thats never going to pose a problem :rolleyes:

He also told me that he told someone at his uni that part of the reason he loves me is because I love football...:love: (sorry but it just made me so happy :smile: )

He is so passionate about it and knows a hell of a lot and I really admire that about him.

Thats great.:biggrin:
My boyfriend couldn't be persuaded to go with me to Pride Park the other night. He said he may to go a home game this season with me (we play Reading on Valentines day!!!) but I aint hopeful....he's a Wednesday fan. :rolleyes: He doesn't go to watch them though but still.

Gem

P.S. Got my Wednesday away ticket...really looking forward to the game now even though there is a few important games to go before then.
Just been allocated 2 tickets to match 59, which is the quarter final England will be in provided they win their group and can beat Poland in the last 16!!! Will be playing Portugal, Argentina or Holland!!! If England don't win their group i will be sooo pi**ed!!!! looks like i have a spare ticket.... any offers?!
il have it, lol.
how much did it cost you anyway?

Latest