Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    Cameroon...Samuel Eto'o is just too talented for his own good! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't find this funny at all.

If he's having problems in his personal life, then he shouldn't be mocked. Would you like it if someone ripped the piss out of you when you were in a crisis? :confused: :mad:

Even though he plays for Arsenal, I think Sol is the best English centre back over the past ten years. He's got my respect anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zooropa)

If he's having problems in his personal life, then he shouldn't be mocked. Would you like it if someone ripped the piss out of you when you were in a crisis? :confused: :mad:

Even though he plays for Arsenal, I think Sol is the best English centre back over the past ten years. He's got my respect anyhow.
    Top post :yy:

ReputationRep:
    i hope he sorts himself out

ReputationRep:
    wierd...

http://www.sportinglife.com/story_ge..._Campbell.html

ReputationRep:
    Shame England will be second, Sweden is going to win the group.

ReputationRep:
    when Graeme Souness left St James Park after being fired, he was caught speeding by a police officer and was pulled over.
    "OK, I know I was speeding officer, could you let me off with a warning?" said Souness
    "Sorry Sir" replied the policeman, "Look at it this way, you got 3 points!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zooropa)

Great post:yy:

ReputationRep:
    Not a surprise that without Sol we keep a clean sheet.

Stay away Sol!!

Only j/k come back and sit on the bench whilst you find some form

ReputationRep:
    i think a few games out for sol, and a few in the reserves to find some form would be a great idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    i think a few games out for sol, and a few in the reserves to find some form would be a great idea.
    You cannot play Sol in the reserves - I don't think he'd be too happy about that. With our defensive problems at the moment, we need Sol back and to be a leader again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synergetic)
    You cannot play Sol in the reserves - I don't think he'd be too happy about that. With our defensive problems at the moment, we need Sol back and to be a leader again.
    We are better off without him with the form he is in. IMO he got complacent about a month after coming back from injury. Giving him a few games in reserves wouldnt be the worst idea. I dont care whether he is happy about it, the way he has played he doesnt deserve to be in the team

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough it was against Portsmouth, but considering we struggled against Mansfield, this is an amazing turn around, is it because Souness has left? Luque was dropped? or just the winds of change bringing happier times?

Haven't noticed many Newcastle fans around here, if you are here, who do you want as the next manager? and with this injection of confidence where do you think we'll end up this season?

ReputationRep:
    It quite often happens tho, a team's manager is sacked, and they go on to win the next game. Goodness knows why tho, dunno if it's anything to do with the players upping their game to impress any potential new manager that could be watching...

ReputationRep:
    NIGERIAI hope
    :party:

ReputationRep:
    I love 5-aside, though notsure it wuld be so fun playing 5-aside against an 11 sided team.

ReputationRep:
    I hope that he's got his personal problems sorted out. Maybe he just needed some time on his own. Question is, does arsene play him in the next match, risk having him mess up and lower his confidence even more, or play him in the reserve where initially it might lower his confidence, but would be good in the long term.
    We did ok today without him.

ReputationRep:
    I'm no Newcastle fan, but I just wanted to say congratulations to Alan Shearer for his 201st goal for Newcatsle, becoming Newcastle's all time greatest goal scorer-a brilliant achievement!

:congrats:

ReputationRep:
    The other option is to have Sol on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sydney)
    Cameroon...Samuel Eto'o is just too talented for his own good! :p:

i want to see that penatly of his at 11-11 in the shoot out

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.