Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    Mark Hughes by a country mile in my opinion... the distance Blackburn have come in the space of a year is remarkable.

This time last season we were fighting for our lives at the bottom of the table, now we are making a serious fight for European football.

Yes Jewell and Pardew have done a great job at their respective clubs, but they have both had one thing Blackburn havent - money... Most people think Blackburn still have lots of cash because of Jack Walker... yes we get some money from the Walker fund but its only just touching on 5 million a year, which is tuppence compared to the likes of West Ham and Dave Whelan, who are able to cough up money just like that.

Most people think we have spent a fair bit this season on the likes of Bellamy and Bentley etc, but the fee's for both these players have never been disclosed, only by studying the budget carefully and having a good knowledge of the club can you work out that we got Bellamy for just over 3 million and Bentley for under 1 million - both steals in my opinion and obviously great negotiating by Hughes... Compare that to West Ham - who are able to cough up the requested 7.5 million for Ashton just like that.

Then take the likes of Pedersen - he was left rotting on the bench and in the reserves under Souness, Hughes comes along and lets him play and he is now one of the most feared wingers around... The same with Ryan Nelsen, who had heard of him before he came to Rovers, i certainly hadnt, he is now one of the most consistent defenders in the premiership also.

Maybe its because i am a Blackburn fan and i am slightly biased, but i cant see any manager who has done more, with less than Mark Hughes has, he has taken the club from the area of smallest population in the league and turned them into a team who are turning out results like 2-1 and 4-3 against United, pulling games back from 2-0 to win them 3-2 or level it to 2-2 with chelsea (yes we did lose) and so i think he is right in the running for manager of the year. Obviously he wont get it as Blackburn get no credit regardless of how well we are playing... it will goto Pardew no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Why do they hate him?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone hates Gary Neville though, even Utd's own fans tell him to shut up.

ReputationRep:
    Because they can't spell his name.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate Gary Neville.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of times Utd fans tell Neville to shut up on manchesteronline is quite funny.

ReputationRep:
    Paul Jewell has had money? Are you sure? It's not that much they have...

ReputationRep:
    Because when Man utd played Liverpool in the premiership and Man utd won 1-0 in the last few minutes, Neville ran the length of the pitch to taunt the Liverpool fans (as opposed to celebrating near his fans). This was all at Old Trafford, so hence now at Anfield :p: he's getting booed when he touches the ball can't blame them tbh

ReputationRep:
    He didn't even know where his badge was when he did that. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Gary Neville you smelly inbred ****.

Stand up for the champions of europe

Heh, Harry you beauty!

ReputationRep:
    :party:

ReputationRep:
    Hey hey

ReputationRep:
    Who are the best 4 teams in the premiership in order:

IMO

1. Chelsea
    2. Man Utd
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool

Cue the rush of scoucers claiming they are 2nd best...

Well?

ReputationRep:
    Because the last game he ran 90 yards to celebrate infront of our own crowd, hes a absolute ******. He grabbed the wrong part of his shirt for a start. He got it big time today though.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know what they had pre season, but i heard they had about 7 million to spend in January but didnt.... If they need money then Dave Whelan is able to dig around in his pocket and find it.

ReputationRep:
    Just got home from the match, anyone who was in the kop with me .. you did the team proud. We never stopped singing from begining to end. the announcers had to order us to elave the stadium!!
    Just had this off a mate..
    Just got back from the game and at the end their fans were a disgrace they tried to charge out of the stand, and cause the couldnt get out they tried to set fire to the toilets, smashed up a tea bar also they pissed on walls and quite a few seats were ripped out and thrown towards the pitch. Kids and disabled fans were pushed over by them trying to get out.
    Absolute scumful mancs, no respect and im glad some of my mates caught 3 of them alone after theyd bin giving it big.
    hes a steward btw

ReputationRep:
    Alan smiths today was brutal, . Broken leg and dislocated ankle. He went into immediate shock and had to be given oxygen when leaving pitch. Then fell unconcious before he went to hospital.

Those, in my opinion, are the 4 best teams in English football. Ranking them is ridiculous, however, especially regarding your teams current predicament; falling further behind the 'Top 4', only (unlikely) chance of silverware being the Champions League.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Who are the best 4 teams in the premiership in order:

IMO

1. Chelsea
    2. Man Utd
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool

Cue the rush of scoucers claiming they are 2nd best...

Well?
    Arsenal? im sorry but what evidence is there that arsenal are second best? Seriously.. 10 points behind third and liverpool played them off the pitch in their last game. I cant possibly find any reason why you can put them third. Heart over heard? As for man unitd..Last two games weve matched them and deserved a result in both, we got our just deserts today. Top 4 this season..
    Chelsea (spit)
    Liverpool
    Man u
    Arsenal

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.