The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why is diving associated with foreign players so much when it does happen with English players? Didn't Michael Owen dive for his penalty against Argentina or something? :confused:
Reply 7241
Rainy
Ermm... Neville epitomises Manchester United; football without passion is meaningless.

I think you're confusing United with Chelsea
At least Chelsea players have passion and can be asked to get off their backside unlike their counterparts in N5.
ba_ba1
i think selling henry is a good idea since they are cashing in on him while they can. He is 29 and only has 2 or 3 good seasons left in him so it would make sense to sell him now. Milan will do a similar thing with Shevchenko and sell him to Chelsea.

How much will they get for him? hes only got a year left on his conract hasnt he?
No good Milan selling Shevchenko to Chelsea anyway. Time they do it, if ever, he'll be fit for Bolton. He could always be a coach with us. Zola and Sheva as coaches at Chelsea. :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Why is diving associated with foreign players so much when it does happen with English players? Didn't Michael Owen dive for his penalty against Argentina or something? :confused:

Diving is just part of the game im afraid, people blame foreigners because they are the most often to fall.
And then you have the opposites which happen. If you fall legitimately like losing your balance, you may still get a yellow card for diving. Happened once but I have no idea which game it was!
i hate gary neville ! cos he's a ****, is a dirty manc, has a moustache that should be outlawed and he kicks balls at kids in the crowd
Reply 7248
calderstonesLFC
How much will they get for him? hes only got a year left on his conract hasnt he?

His contract runs out at the end of next season which means they will get a lot of money for him probably from Barcelona or Inter Milan. It makes sense for Arnsel since if they kept him (and assuming he doesnt sign a contract) he would leave on a free the following season.
He would never leave Arsenal on a free
ba_ba1
His contract runs out at the end of next season which means they will get a lot of money for him probably from Barcelona or Inter Milan. It makes sense for Arnsel since if they kept him (and assuming he doesnt sign a contract) he would leave on a free the following season.

i dont no, owen left us for a pitance 8 million because he had 1 year left on his contract. Probably around 30-40 mil?
blazing_bandicoot
i shall tell you why liverpool fans hate him so much because he has won many medals over the time of his career and yes he doesnt like scousers so that provokes them. What he has achieved with United no liverpool player has achieved in the modern game. There all jealous. END OF STORY. and about them winning wot a **** referee that was. he was blind as he missed many yellow cards to most fouling liverpool players who coudnt deal with ronald, neville, and rooney.

Thats aload of Rubbish. The reason we hate him is because of what he says about Liverpool and scousers. Quite ironic how his brother (who also made similar comments) now plays for a scouse team.

md_red_uk
Indeed, i am aware it does. Yet, let us be frank, its a farcical hypocrisy; the minute Rooney scores for England the nation - made up of supporters of many clubs, including Liverpool - will be up in arms celebrating, the same would happen if Gerrard/Carragher etc. scored.

I wouldn't I don't go in for all this lets love players we usually hate just because they are playing for England rubbish.
As someone else said I think it's more of a transitional period than a decline. Once you find a replacement for Veira and do a bit of team re-arrangement I am sure we will see the old Arsenal back.

walshie
Arsenal will never do a Leeds. We have Arsene as manager, not O'Leary who is quite frankly mediocre.

I think they meant more in terms of the money situation. If you fail to qualify from the Champions League, your stadium re-payments could potentially put you in serious trouble.
lynseyweth
St James' - I love it :biggrin:

Nah, the best I have been to is Nou Camp as a lot of you have already said. It's unbelievable.

I like St James' aswell although away fans get shoved in the top corner. Newcaslte games always provide a good atmosphere.
LFC_Girl
I think they meant more in terms of the money situation. If you fail to qualify from the Champions League, your stadium re-payments could potentially put you in serious trouble.

Correct. There was an article about it I read some time ago which showed concerns should Arsenal fail to qualify for the Champions League. Arsenal, at the time of planning for the new stadium, never guessed that Liverpool and Chelsea improved to the extent they have. Oh well, that's their tough luck.
Reply 7256
Pardew :smile:
lazydays
You hate him because "he's gay" what are you like seven years old or something?
What are you, 7 years old for not understanding anything :yy:
Reply 7258
md_red_uk
Indeed, i am aware it does. Yet, let us be frank, its a farcical hypocrisy; the minute Rooney scores for England the nation - made up of supporters of many clubs, including Liverpool - will be up in arms celebrating, the same would happen if Gerrard/Carragher etc. scored.

Yup, which is why I dont really 'support' England. I could never fathom supporting a team containing Rooney, Nevilles etc. It just wouldn't happen. I was beaming with pride though when England beat Germany 5-1, why? All liverpool goalscorers.
Reply 7259
ba_ba1
His contract runs out at the end of next season which means they will get a lot of money for him probably from Barcelona or Inter Milan.

No they wont. £12-15m tops, probably closer to 12m. By June, he will be 6 months away from leaving on a free - Michael owen situation all over again. Arsenal have a stadium and squad to rebuild, the money they get from an Henry transfer will be very little in comparison if they don't reach the CL.

Latest