Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    load up incredibly slow for anybody else?

Ever since the TSR upgrade (it seems) I cannot access the UFT with my Firefox web browser, I have to load up IE just to view the UFT.. which is a pain in the arse.

Anybody else have this problem? Or is it just me?

I know it's huuuuge, 33,000+ replies, it's stopping me from posting in it!

ReputationRep:
    On current form...
    GK: Robinson,Kirkland (although hell probably trip getting of the coach and break a knee) and Green
    DEF: G Neville(spit),Terry,Carra,A Cole,King,Young,Rio
    MD: Becks,Gerrard,Lampard,J cole (spit),Carrick,Parker,Barton
    ST: Rooney, Owen,Crouch,Defoe
    Thats two places left.. one has to go to SWP but im to concerned what his chelsea move has done to his fitness. How many minutes has he got under his belt? he will be very jaded and rusty. The last one has to go between..Bent and Cambell. But we all know that damm hargreaves will get a game somwere.

ReputationRep:
    Its working fine with me on firefox? Sometimes after a post it goes to a blank white page though.

I can't access the last page just by clicking on the thingy (using Opera, not Firefox or IE). Have to hit the thread from the beginning, then skip to the last page from within. It's weird, because The Moaning Thread has more posts, yet loads fine? There's probably a lot more pictures and stuff in the UFT though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    I can't access the last page just by clicking on the thingy (using Opera, not Firefox or IE). Have to hit the thread from the beginning, then skip to the last page from within. It's weird, because The Moaning Thread has more posts, yet loads fine? There's probably a lot more pictures and stuff in the UFT though...
    True.

I haven't tried clicking on page 1 of the UFT and going forward.. i'll do that now.

Just annoying having to copy and paste the link location into IE and using that for the odd post..

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes have to hit the return key after posting to make sure the page actually refreshes. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    carrick, parker and barton are too similar. danny murphy or nolan should go ahead of one of them (i'd leave parker cos he's too small)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    But we all know that damm hargreaves will get a game somwere.
    hehehe, the sad thing is its true. I still don't know which part of his game is meant to be worthy of him being called up above so many others. It really does look a strong squad. I was just reading something about Woodgate's performances for Real since coming back. It sounds like he's been superb too. 10 clean sheets out of the 13 games he's played in.

Know what you mean about SWP too. He's not been getting any games, if say, Downing at Boro got a run in now til the end of the season and played well, may even push his chances, seeing as it'd give us the option of a bit of balance.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with this...

GK: Robinson, James, Kirkland

DEF: A.Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, G.Neville, Carragher, Dawson, King, Young. (yep, I'd leave Campbell at home)

MID: J.Cole, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Parker, Wright-Phillips, Carrick

ATT: Rooney, Owen, Crouch, Defoe

ReputationRep:
    can't fault you on leaving Sol out. I feel for the bloke but his issues could put our chances in jeopardy.

Not really. Carrick's a deep lying holder, yet starts off moves. Parker's more mobile, and gets stuck in across the pitch, as does Barton (whose distribution has improved remarkably recently). Anyway, when Big Sam takes over, we'll go to the ECs with more like:

SWP Nolan Smith Jenas Routledge
    Davies

ReputationRep:
    I agree, Barton has been superb lately but he just needs to watch his attitude.

lol! Big Sam's dream: 4-5-1 with Kevin Davies

Hmm, well, especially as his agent has released that:

(Original post by Alex Black)
    He was a bit delirious as he was coming off but he was able to recognise that a lot of the Liverpool fans were giving him a good round of applause. He just wants to say thank you to everybody for that.
    Wonder if that'll be printed...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Another discussion today at University, Is money damaging football, let's look at the likes of Chelsea who have endless funds to buy whoever they like and at the other end we have a club like Rotherham who need 1 million before the end of the season or they go out of business. Yes it is really true that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, for example Cambridge City are going to have to quit their league at the end of the season becuase they simply don't have the money, now surely this is damaging football here in the UK, whats your opinion.

And what about the fact there's so many foreigners now and not many homegrown talent coming through is this also having an effect on the game.
    In 1992 2% players in England were foreigners now it is 45%.

And what about the tatics most clubs in the top flight seem to be using the same tactics in some European leagues now, so when say Man United go 1-0 up they sit back and defend rather than attack and go for another, where as say in the championship most matches are end to end, exciting lots of goals, but what do you prefer, see a boring 1-0 win or a 4-3 game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    same !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Well, the centre of the pitch is very congested. Gerrard, Lampard, Carrick, Parker, King, Neville, Barton, Nolan, Hargreaves, and I've probably missed others. Losing Smith probably makes things easier, but for a CM to make the squad, let alone the team, is an achievement.

I would take, on current form:

GK: Robinson, Kirkland, James
    DEF: G Neville, Terry, Carra, Rio, A Cole, King, Young
    MD: Becks, Gerrard, Lampard, J Cole, SWP, Carrick, Parker, Barton
    ST: Rooney, Owen, Crouch, Bent

I'd toss that last place between Defoe & P Neville. I'd probably take the Ugly Twin, if only because he's experienced and can play in a number of positions. I suppose Richardson's in for a shout too, as is Sol should he be fit (and in form).
    Disagree with that, for once i agree with CalderstonesLFC.

(Original post by md_red_uk)
    We need outlets on the wings. With Gerrard we have power; Beckham, passing; J Cole, guile; SWP, pace. You just don't go to World Cup finals with 3 wingers, one of whom could well be played in the centre. No, he's not getting enough games currently, and will have to work on match fitness, but who else do we have? Routledge, Barry, Downing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    We need outlets on the wings. With Gerrard we have power; Beckham, passing; J Cole, guile; SWP, pace. You just don't go to World Cup finals with 3 wingers, one of whom could well be played in the centre. No, he's not getting enough games currently, and will have to work on match fitness, but who else do we have? Routledge, Barry, Downing?
    I missed this lad out, if he can keep up his form and possibly get out of boro onto a bigger team it would be intresting to see what happens
    (Original post by md_red_uk)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Hmm, well, especially as his agent has released that:

Wonder if that'll be printed...
    More chance of smith winning the 10k.....
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH oh no i didnt! :eek: :eek:

(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    I missed this lad out, if he can keep up his form and possibly get out of boro onto a bigger team it would be intresting to see what happens
    Well that's exactly the problem. We need more exposure to him, and he does of playing with quality players. Although UEFA action helps, Boro aren't all that, and he's never really been given a chance for England. it doesn't help that he's been injured this season, and hasn't set the world alight since - from what I've seen of him anyway.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.