The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rainy
Well that's exactly the problem. We need more exposure to him, and he does of playing with quality players. Although UEFA action helps, Boro aren't all that, and he's never really been given a chance for England. it doesn't help that he's been injured this season, and hasn't set the world alight since - from what I've seen of him anyway.

There are friendly coming up arent there? give him a run out in that and see how we copes would be a start anyway
Reply 7301
calderstonesLFC
There are friendly coming up arent there? give him a run out in that and see how we copes would be a start anyway

Ay, well, we know what Sven's like with friendlies. Will probably take off all 11 for the second half, giving Downing 10 mins at the end.
Why are people putting Defoe in?
Reply 7303
tom5
Sven will take talents like Joe Cole and Rooney but fading stars like Beckham.

What about players like Barton and Nolan, don't they deserve a place too after what they've achieved this season?

It's time Sven looked past the big 3 so that we have a team, not a collection of big names.

Who would you pick? :yy:

Have you not seen Beckhams performacnes for Madrid?
Reply 7304
Who do you think will be the last 8?

For me:
Real
Villareal
Inter
Juve
Bayern
Lyon
Chelsea
Liverpool
I'm not saying because I will be eating humble pie.
Funny, you say football is being damaged in the UK then talk about England only.
go to wikipedia to find out who you share your birthday with - a mate of mine shares his with lassana diarra and osama bin laden

and i share mine with kurt cobain and peter osgood (20th feb - today)

happy birthday cindy
i say hunt them down and use your powers of pursuasion to make them give your stuff back!

seriously though hope everything turns out for the best
Went to Wikipedia and didn't say footballers for mine but I share my birthday with Jennifer Aniston. Nice. :p:
NDGAARONDI
Went to Wikipedia and didn't say footballers for mine but I share my birthday with Jennifer Aniston. Nice. :p:

you, me and cindy have a birthday in a period of around 9 days...and we're all chelsea fans
Rainy
Ay, well, we know what Sven's like with friendlies. Will probably take off all 11 for the second half, giving Downing 10 mins at the end.

Thats true, and if his chance replicates Andy Johnsons last season, that 10 minutes'll probably be at right back or centre back :wink:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Downing has been good since he came back, but Joe Cole deserves his place on merit. He's been brilliant for chelsea and england this season. My only other thought would be perhaps seeing as Gerrard is brilliant, and has been great on the right for koppites, possibly having king/parker/carrick partnering frank in the centre. That'll never happen though.
fernando
you, me and cindy have a birthday in a period of around 9 days...and we're all chelsea fans
:y: lol, blimmin garcia shares my birthday!! i found someone else who shared my birthday but i cant remember.
fernando

Wonder if it's any connection with our astrology - Aquarius (water), Chelsea home kit blue (sea)? :biggrin:
ba_ba1
Have you not seen Beckhams performacnes for Madrid?

Clearly not. He's been class
Any shouts for Pollitt taking over James as 3rd choice keeper?
Well let's have a look at Scotland too, how many Scottish players do you see at Rangers and Celtic.
Not as many as they used to. If you want a team with Scottish home grown talent then look to the two teams in Edinburgh. :wink:

Chelsea's money has, arguably, prevented other clubs going into administration have they not? Money in football is nothing new here, only thing with Chelsea is that it's exaggerated the previous rich boys of Man Utd and Blackburn.

Football is a bit like universities, with an increasing amount of foreigners coming in you wonder if you are denying national talent to reach their potential.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind a realist quota based on nationality in the interests of the game but the EU would just get snotty. Not that football rules have been in line with EU law anyway (e.g. contract talks).
Reply 7318
James

Nevielle, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole

Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, J cole

Owen, Rooney
Chelsea's money has a multiplier effect in the transfer market especially when they can spend £25m on a player and stick him on the bench.

Stop whining about foreigners, we should be happy that we have quality players from around the world in the premiership. Alot of the players are from the EU anyway because of the free movement. The non eu players that are in the premiership require work permits and to qualify you've got to be an established international from a country of a respectable ranking.

Is it really hurting the national talent when they get to play the best players in the world week in and week out while we've probably got one of the best squad of English players ever.

Latest