Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    All the signs look promising. We shall have to wait and see if they deliver.

ReputationRep:
    Given the price, I think Solano is the best value for money signing Newcastle have made this year.

Absolutely gutted not to see him at Anfield.

ReputationRep:
    These things happen. Do you think I was happy when Beckham went?

ReputationRep:
    Villa are on there way up! back to how they were in the early 90's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Happens every year, same old same old.

But I do think this time it might be 'for real' as Jol is a good manager but what formation will they play? 1-8-1?
    lol 1-8-1, I was reading today they have 34 first team players in comparison to the 24 that both Chelski and Arsenal have. Jol has some serious rotation to do. Spurs shouldn't have bowed down to Chelski so easily tho, losing 2-0...at home no less, it was then I started to think there is no hope for any of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lynseyweth)
    I really don't rate Boumsong at all, and Bramble, God don't get me started on him. I used to get so annoyed watching him! :mad: But having Solano back, and Owen we now have a chance to win a match!
    with souness there, it will still be difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi4Zlatan)
    lol, that is what you will be saying about chelsea fans soon. I don't think thats a fair comment to make!
    Considering the amount of anti-Chelsea comments made here I think it's fair given the circumstances.

Arsenal play football? Oh yes they do plus another sport. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeFen)
    Only a Chelsea fan could find a Terry long ball to Drogba who chests it down to Joe Cole who then launches a daisy cutter that ricochets of Lumpard's fat legs and past the flailing arms of the keeper, more exciting than real attacking footy of Arsenal's.
    It has been said that Liverpool bought Crouch to play long-ball. That would be funny if it happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by userunknown)
    playing balls long isn't quite the same as hoofing it up the pitch.
    So what is it then? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    They have definately changed since winning the premiership.. they think "chelsea" is untouchable and think now they can play dirty.. ich dont think soooo..

ARSENAL RULES

N.B; Drogba is a professional GOAL hanger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi4Zlatan)
    i just want them to lose, and asap. it was so hilarious when they were down to 9 men, or was it even 8 men, in the FA cup against newcastle, then johnson had to go in net, ive never laughed so much. do i sound like a hater again. i always do, its just what chelski have made me become over the past year.
    Haha jealousy. Over the past 5 years or so I know plenty of people who have the same thoughts for Arsenal and Man Utd. I laughed so much when Arsenal got pwned against Bayern Munich. You can't defend can you?

Oh and btw if Chelsea = Chelski then Arsenal = France FC. Let me know when Wenger ever buys an Englishman for the first team squad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Haha jealousy. Over the past 5 years or so I know plenty of people who have the same thoughts for Arsenal and Man Utd. I laughed so much when Arsenal got pwned against Bayern Munich. You can't defend can you?

Oh and btw if Chelsea = Chelski then Arsenal = France FC. Let me know when Wenger ever buys an Englishman for the first team squad.
    He's never bought a good englishman e.g. Jeffers and Richard Wright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    N.B; Drogba is a professional GOAL hanger
    I thought that was Ruud van Nistelrooy.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was Ruud van Nistelrooy.
    yeah and him too!!! lol i got a whole list

ReputationRep:
    Sol Campbell, Jeffers and Richard Wright

ReputationRep:
    It has been said that Liverpool bought Crouch to play long-ball. That would be funny if it happened.
    No, we bought Crouch to score goals. Forgive me if I'm wrong but that's what strikers do no? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Sol Campbell, Jeffers and Richard Wright
    sol was a free transfer so that don't count

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeFen)
    No, we bought Crouch to score goals. Forgive me if I'm wrong but that's what strikers do no? :confused:
    But is he a of a quality that Liverpool should be aiming for? Is his height nothing to do with the transfer? He's a decent striker no doubt but felt at the time Liverpool should be aiming for something a bit more. Besides, you're a big club.

ReputationRep:
    It's not as if we didn't try for someone of a better quality - Owen for example and Kuyt being another.

Of course his height has something do with his transfer in that he can score quite easily with his head. Crouch beat a lot of the smaller teams single handedly last year for Southampton, something we had a trouble with. I think Rafa has realised this and taken it into account.

ReputationRep:
    Were they England internationals? This was in Wenger's time? :eek:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.