Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    Just be glad its not on channel five, with john barnes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Proof? What? Of corse were going to brag about it, you spent no time to tell us about all your premership titles.
    Na not as much I'd say. We might brag but we have a lot other rivals (Leeds, Arsenal, Man City) rather than just Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Watching it, I'm a Man Utd fan and I didn't really mind that Liverpool won it (although I regret that now since all they've done is brag to us, proof that they hate us more than we hate them).
    Ha. Have you ever been to a Man United game? Or a Man Utd/Liverpool game?

ReputationRep:
    Been to a Man Utd game, not against Liverpool though. But I'm attempting to become a season ticket holder next year so that would be cool (although probably unlikely to be honest).

ReputationRep:
    LOL Evertonians still bitter about Collina. LMAO. Still be hearing about it in 10 years time probably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Smug.. you mean smug like moyes in that cardigan sippping the champagne? haha that picture kills me.
    Oh yes, insightful kopites indeed. We are still in two competitons(theres two legs you know) so save your bull**** till the end of the season please. Our season didnt finish in december unlike yours.
    its only just beginning in fact

ReputationRep:
    Then did you have your ears closed for the 90 minutes when the Stretford was singing about feeding scousers, your liverpool slums, we all hate scousers etc etc etc??

ReputationRep:
    Have you been to old trafford to witness this, or are you talking bullsh*t and trying to make yourselves out to be the victim eh?

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal played well make no mistake, but that was the worst defensive performance I can remember for a supposed top team by Madrid. Worst full back performance I've ever seen, from Cicinho. They only mustered a couple of half chances against a young defence too. Zidane, Ronaldo, Raul, Beckham, Guti and Robinho were all a bag of lazy *****.

Can't see them playing any worse than they did last night. Truly woeful

ReputationRep:
    Agree with most thats been said. The standard of football coverage on ITV and channel 5 is a disgrace. Even bbc1 isn't good now.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    You can hear it on the telly virtually every match. I even remember a game against Bolton about 3 years back when Clive Tydlsey mentioned that the home fans were "singing more songs about Liverpool and Manchester City than their own team". The only song i've ever heard about Man United at Anfield (when we werent playing them) was the old we hate nottingham forest one.

The fact that Rooney is also a scouser seems to be lost on most of the Stretford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Commentary has gone down the pan. Even Motson is pretty useless now. You cant get any worse than Lawrenson and Le Saux though, bloody awful. There's also another bloke who cant think of his name but commentates on the MOTD highlights (used to do robot wars).
    Johnathon Pierce?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure the Liverpool fans are impeccably behaved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by md_red_uk)
    This guy is from Surrey. Truly a scouse.
    woah there mate! for a start im a girl and for seconds im livin in surrey with my mum but i was born and bred in anfield (till last year i have u know) and have followed l'pool all my life. i went to istanbul and watched them bring the cup home. so there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    I'm sure the Liverpool fans are impeccably behaved.
    I didnt mentioned anything about being well behaved. It has no relevence. Strange thing to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Another thread about their win? Everyone would think that they hardly win games at this rate.

Congratulations for them for the victory and they should have won by more. Luckily for Real they weren't playing Barcelona or Chelsea otherwise they would have been in more trouble...
    chelsea werent good enough to be the seeded team, tough ****.

ReputationRep:
    i completely agree with this thread ... am so relived to find similar pleat haters esp!

dream team of commentators:

in the studio
    garry linekar, alan hansen, terry venables ( he rarely does it , but he was there for france 98), and gordon strachan

at the game
    jonathan pierce ( i remember him when he was on capital gold -amazing!)
    mark lawrenson.

ReputationRep:
    ^ I like Linekar but not Hansen. Lawrenson is ok I guess but rather see someone a bit more exciting.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    after tuesdays games, i think
    benfica
    AC milan
    arsenal
    lyon.

first three 3 of my predictions have been changed after the first leg,

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't always help being a pot A side. Just ask Liverpool.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.