The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

w8wizz
bla, bla, bla, just because u hate arsenal. :mad:

Well no, Spurs fans will feel p*ssed off obviously if they finish 4th and don't get into the champions league.

This is spurs best season in ages and fans spurs (like my brother), will be gutted naturally.
Rangers v Arsenal would be far better for BRITISH football.
Reply 7662
I want to meet Juve at some point, as I have family in Turin, plus (in spite of the history) they were always my boyhood 'European' club. Still have the old pink away shirt in my wardrobe, with Nedved on the back.
Reply 7663
How I will love it to see Bremen hold out at the delle Alpi like Liverpool did last season :biggrin:

I'm saying Inter v Barca final, Inter to win the champions league >_>
Reply 7664
parag
How I will love it to see Bremen hold out at the delle Alpi like Liverpool did last season :biggrin:

I'm saying Inter v Barca final, Inter to win the champions league >_>

but not inter are not big game players. They beat the little teams easily but not the big teams.
Reply 7665
in the past 10 years, only 3 clubs have done the CL and league double (Bayern, Porto and Man Utd). Therefore you could look at teams like Arsenal, Milan and Villareal to do very well.
w8wizz
bla, bla, bla, just because u hate arsenal. :mad:

Yes i hate Arsenal....

But its not fair on one of the 4 or 5 other teams who have proved they are better domestically over the course of a year... Its a stupid rule that 4th place will lose out on a champions league spot, it damages that club massively in terms of finance...

If Arsenal are good enough to be the best team in Europe, surely they should be in the top 4 in their country... I know i would be pissed off if Blackburn were to finish 4th and didnt get into the champions league...
Game over, really. And I am so glad.
gordih6
I think Arsenal will be the only english side left in after this round.

I think liverpool will struggle to score against benfica and draw 0-0.
In my opinion chelsea are dead and buried now, or it will take an amazing perfomance to turn it round, barcelona are much better at home on their big pitch.

Juventus to win the cup on penalties

They're going to struggle even qualifying for the QFs....
Reply 7669
ciderpeter
Yes i hate Arsenal....

But its not fair on one of the 4 or 5 other teams who have proved they are better domestically over the course of a year... Its a stupid rule that 4th place will lose out on a champions league spot, it damages that club massively in terms of finance...

If Arsenal are good enough to be the best team in Europe, surely they should be in the top 4 in their country... I know i would be pissed off if Blackburn were to finish 4th and didnt get into the champions league...

well, blackburn will not finish 4th, :eek: ooooops, did i ruin the surprise!!!!
Not an option. Liverpool aren't good enough to do it again- players like Kewell, Finnan, Crouch and Sissoko are just not classy enough.
Reply 7671
Sharpshooter
Well no, Spurs fans will feel p*ssed off obviously if they finish 4th and don't get into the champions league.

This is spurs best season in ages and fans spurs (like my brother), will be gutted naturally.

i didnt think 4th will lose their place, because this year england had 5 clubs in the CL.
w8wizz
well, blackburn will not finish 4th, :eek: ooooops, did i ruin the surprise!!!!

One point behind Arsenal would say it is as likely to happen as it is to them.... and the fact we have the 4th or 5th best home form in the premiership (the teams above us have played mroe home games) - i agree, we dont have a chance. :rolleyes:

I believe after the Liverpool fiasco last year they changed it so that if the winner is English, 4th place loses out.
Reply 7673
w8wizz
i didnt think 4th will lose their place, because this year england had 5 clubs in the CL.

this year was an exception.
Reply 7674
jaydoh
They're going to struggle even qualifying for the QFs....

They have 2 away goals, and Werder are a lot weaker away from home. All they need is 1-0 in turin and Juve is the master of 1-0.
jaydoh
Not an option. Liverpool aren't good enough to do it again- players like Kewell, Finnan, Crouch and Sissoko are just not classy enough.

Dear me, dont you ever learn not to rule us out? Finnan is one of the best, consistent right backs in the premership. Classy teams dont win medals, effective teams win medals. Thats what our plays play together as, effective. Sissoko, if he wasnt injured, Would certainly help, kewell can still have his day. And no-one outside of liverpool can see why crouch is so effective. Oh well.
Keep ruling us off, i like the underdog status.
ba_ba1
They have 2 away goals, and Werder are a lot weaker away from home. All they need is 1-0 in turin and Juve is the master of 1-0.

So we heard last season :biggrin:
Reply 7677
Barcelona vs AC Milan will be this years final I hope.
Sissoko's been immense recently - bossed the midfield vs Arsenal and Man utd. Really really hope he recovers
Reply 7679
Sulmaan_865
Barcelona vs AC Milan will be this years final I hope.

and milan will win 4-0 again!

Latest