Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    4-0 to England, no offence to the welsh, but England are going to walk this one

2-0 to the Italians, Gilardino is top class, Vieri was unlucky against Rep of Ireland, so I think he will score a couple this time

Northern Ireland 0 - Azerbaijan 2 , N I are really a hopeless case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    According to me, Goal hangers wait around for "long balls" to come along so they can just kick it in, not so much skill... and they are usually caught offside
    Ah then Drogba is definitly one, it can't be said for Utd's Nistlerooy tho, because that isn't the way the team operates, instead its the likes of Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes creating them, and he just finishes... <shrugs> , not that I like watching Utd anyway - one thing I can say of watching them this season (and pre-season)...how electrifying is Ronaldo! Class player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    But is he a of a quality that Liverpool should be aiming for? Is his height nothing to do with the transfer? He's a decent striker no doubt but felt at the time Liverpool should be aiming for something a bit more. Besides, you're a big club.
    He's crap with his head anyway. If you think Rafa has bought Crouch for the sole reason of converting us to a long ball team then you're looney.

The term goal hanger in top flight football doesn't exist. I suppose Rush was a goal hanger? Shearer? van Nistelrooy? Owen? Just wait by the last defender all day and expect chances on a plate do they? Their off the ball movement, first touch, strength and ability ON the ball makes no difference?

ReputationRep:
    Were they England internationals? This was in Wenger's time? :eek:
    You asked for any players Wenger has bought for the first team squad an I gave you three

It's no surprise that 2 out of the 3 were so bad that it puts Wenger off buying local players. And it's not a bad policy for a team working on a limited budget as english players cost about twice as much as they're worth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi4Zlatan)
    Ah then Drogba is definitly one, it can't be said for Utd's Nistlerooy tho, because that isn't the way the team operates, instead its the likes of Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes creating them, and he just finishes... <shrugs> , not that I like watching Utd anyway - one thing I can say of watching them this season (and pre-season)...how electrifying is Ronaldo! Class player.
    lol yeah drogba definately is...and then he goes off to celbrate the goals!! he should be ashamed lol

ReputationRep:
    And there was that yellow away one with a red collar Liverpool had a bit ago, disgusting (I even said that out loud to a mate when passing a sports shop with it in the window as somebody came round the corner wearing one :eek: don't think they heard me tho...)

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the England- Wales one. England have a score to settle after Denmark and Wales don't have the strength in depth to cover for the loss of players like Savage. However, I think Scotland have got a chance against the Italians. There is a definite 'feel good factor' in Scottish football at the moment and now we have a competent manager who wont play ppl out of position. Im sure Italy will play for a draw and we'll knick a 1-0!

ReputationRep:
    Ok....Walshie can i start by saying you talk absolute TOSH, have you ever been to Italy or even watched an Italian game...nah didn’t think so. When making comments like this back it up, its not rare to have around 25,000 fans at a home Napoli game even when they are in Serie C so please get your facts straight. Oh and don’t be jealous because we play far better football than you do it shows right through :P.

spurs have all the potential and entusiasm to do well this season, with a top quality goalkeeper... currently best in the premiership... well according to the suns dream team! and we have defoe who is playing absolutely fabulous this season, and to be honest they are capable of a lot more with the experience of some of the older players and then the fitness of the youngsters, and with the new signings spurs are going to be a united front that will be hard to beat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    You asked for any players Wenger has bought for the first team squad an I gave you three

It's no surprise that 2 out of the 3 were so bad that it puts Wenger off buying local players. And it's not a bad policy for a team working on a limited budget as english players cost about twice as much as they're worth.
    True.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    He's crap with his head anyway. If you think Rafa has bought Crouch for the sole reason of converting us to a long ball team then you're looney.
    I never said I did. Just someone who I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelseaBabe)
    Does it really matter how the goasl are scored as long as a team scores and wins the game?? No it don't.
    Just wait 'til England's only chance of winning the World Cup final against say Brazil because play like Arsenal and get destroyed etc. Then they might start changing their mind. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi4Zlatan)
    how electrifying is Ronaldo! Class player.
    He's a great striker for Real Madrid.

ReputationRep:
    He's a great striker for Real Madrid.
    Yep- though with braces it may be a different story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    CMON YOU HEARTS, just for a change!
    It's so refreshing when a new side comes a force. Just look at the English Premiership.

ReputationRep:
    I said Hearts right at the start and they are doing well now, I should have put a bet on but the odds have dramaticaly changed in their favour now.

This Lithuanian owner has really made a difference with these loan signings like Skacel

ReputationRep:
    its past 9pm on 2nd september....did i win??

ReputationRep:
    It's so refreshing when a new side comes a force. Just look at the English Premiership.
    :burnout:

ReputationRep:
    Falkirk...

SIKE!

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.