Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    Probably just poor english on my part, i was probably tired or rushing. And yes, Us succsessful teams do have large foreign fan bases

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, dont expect to many liverpudlians to turn up. The majority of us dont follow england as highly as most. Also, i expect itll be a tiny win, 1 nil or 2-1. Specialy when Sven plays musical positions at half time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    To be honest, dont expect to many liverpudlians to turn up. The majority of us dont follow england as highly as most.
    Agreed most Liverpudlians rate club over country however I still expect there will be quite alot there. Neville probably will get some stick to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    This is one of my favourites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w8wizz)
    do u know what ur talking about?:eek: "heart and desire!":eek: we are almost 8th!!!!!!!

and pires doesnt even start so it aint his fault.
    Do you watch the games? Have you seen how **** Pires has been this season? We are 8th because of the followong reasons:

1) Injuries (cole is out for anothe 3 weeks now BTW, he got injured in the reserve game vs the spuds last night. Great stuff, I know :rolleyes: )
    2) Gilberto
    3)Wengers persistence to play Pires and Ljungberg even though they have don **** all.
    4) Henry - playing when he feels like it/contract shinanigens (causes unrest in the dressing room, especially when its your captain!)
    5) Sol having personal issues whatever they may be.
    6) The sale of Vieira and not finding an adequete replacement in the summer that he left. Hence the lack of a physical presence for most of the season.

Unfortunatly, I cannot blame Cygan, as when he has played he hasn't done much wrong and is now injured.

One of those reasons however, is not our young players, who have given everything this season unlike the senior players. Only outsiders and uneducated fans will blame the young players for our plight this season.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea's centennary top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_H_G)
    Do you watch the games? Have you seen how **** Pires has been this season? We are 8th because of the followong reasons:

1) Injuries (cole is out for anothe 3 weeks now BTW, he got injured in the reserve game vs the spuds last night. Great stuff, I know :rolleyes: )
    2) Gilberto
    3)Wengers persistence to play Pires and Ljungberg even though they have don **** all.
    4) Henry - playing when he feels like it/contract shinanigens (causes unrest in the dressing room, especially when its your captain!)
    5) Sol having personal issues whatever they may be.
    6) The sale of Vieira and not finding an adequete replacement in the summer that he left. Hence the lack of a physical presence for most of the season.

Unfortunatly, I cannot blame Cygan, as when he has played he hasn't done much wrong and is now injured.

One of those reasons however, is not our young players, who have given everything this season unlike the senior players. Only outsiders and uneducated fans will blame the young players for our plight this season.
    Spot on

ReputationRep:
    I think Gerrard can shine in this match because he doesnt have to cover for Lampard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    apart from the everton shirt i like the bremen shirt alot though nobody else does

thats because its hideous. lol. i wouldnt go that far but it looks very cheap and naff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)

your a boy and you like that *sighs*

theres just no hope for some people j/k

ReputationRep:
    sorry about the above. i cant really comment. i like ipswich's home kit. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    I think Gerrard can shine in this match because he doesnt have to cover for Lampard.
    Yea! i definatly agree...
    i mean Carrick is holding midfield if i remember correctly.. and then Gerrad playing his best position AT Anfield
    Hopefully he has a great game and then Sven can drop Lampard

ReputationRep:
    the bremen top is not bad, although it has orange. the juve is nice except for the slightly pink colour.

ReputationRep:
    teh orange isnt bad. its that nasty shade of green. but its all about personal opinion.

Gerrard'll be tentative, and is only about 80%. He shouldn't really be playing at all, tbh, but Sven thinks otherwise.

ReputationRep:

Nah jokes

Man Utd Champions League one from the Treble Season

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard should be watching this from the stands, hes at risk of burnout and needs a rest. Svens a ****** though

(Original post by TomAlone)
    your a boy and you like that *sighs*

theres just no hope for some people j/k
    Yup. Problem?

ReputationRep:
    Word is that Gerrard will start and play the first half only.

King playing behind Lamps and G?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.