Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    who cares who wins the SPL...it is boring...either Rangers or Celtic obviously.

ReputationRep:
    who's gonna win the EPL?....Chelsea or Man U the EPL must be boring too!

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully Adebola remains at Coventry and not with us...we don't need him anyway.

Bramall Lane isn't a bad ground...can think of worse!

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    Thankfully Adebola remains at Coventry and not with us...we don't need him anyway.

Bramall Lane isn't a bad ground...can think of worse!
    Gem

?? :p:

Sorry, one of my best mates is a Sheff Utd fan, can't help but wind them up!

ReputationRep:
    ^ I'm use to it, living in Leeds. Nowt wrong with a bit of friendly banter.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parisian Scot)
    who's gonna win the EPL?....Chelsea or Man U the EPL must be boring too!
    Not Arsenal? And at least the Premiership/old First Division, has been won by more than two different teams since 1986. I want Hearts to win, just for a change

ReputationRep:

I must admit that Sheff Utd aren't one of my favourite teams. I think it dates back to the Quater final replay at BL in the cup when Cov lost on penalties. Will always remember that day, I have cried twice watching Coventry and that was one of them, the other was getting relegated after 34 years in the top flight at Vile Park :mad:
    I can still remember Brian Deane missing on the goal line vs Coventry in the 1994-95 season, probably the worst game I have ever seen. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    ^ Yeah. I dislike Arsenal for the same reason. We lost on penalties last season to them in fa cup although losing on penalties to the eventual winners aint too bad.

I can't wait to see your new stadium despite the fact I don't like the new plastic grounds...always good to see another ground.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    middlesbrough!!! god only noes y??

ReputationRep:
    firstly Charlton rule!!

The Valley
    Villa Park
    highbury
    ewood park
    stamford bridge
    Riverside stadium
    fratton park
    st marys
    white heart lane
    upton park
    loftus road
    carrow road
    selhurst park
    vicarage road
    portman road
    manor ground
    highfield road
    molineux
    anfield
    goodison park
    old trafford
    city of manchester
    elland road
    priestfield
    roots hall
    park view road
    craven cottage
    filbert street
    walkers stadium
    wembley
    elm park
    colchester united
    nottingham forest

wanna finish prem grounds. fink iv gt bolton,wigan,sunderland,newcastl e, birmingham and wba left. Plus ne cup games charlton play.illenium stadium except charlton arent likely to get there!!
    the new wembley also looks awesome

ReputationRep:
    the average attendance at matches has steadily declined over the last few years and who can blame them fans.

prices are crazy, and sky has saturated the market with live premiership footy on too much.

even chelsea had to resort to making an advert in the paper to sell tickets for one of its home games...i hope the footy world falls into deep recession and as a result wages dramatically fall, clubs move emphasis towards their academies instead of the oversea's player markets.

LOCAL FANS FOR LOCAL CLUBS FOR LOCAL PLAYERS

ReputationRep:
    there is nothing sexist about this post, the whole thing has just proven my point, when somthing big like this has come to female attention it has been gennerally disregarded, god bless to the females who play womens football, its not your fault that you get less support but when the england males beat the TAFFS its always a great moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets here it for the Three Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    C'MON Lets here your cheers, jeers or Tears, but all i can say is: its coming home AND for all us footy fans:

God save our gracious Queen!
    Long live our noble Queen!
    God save the Queen!
    Send her victorious,
    Happy and glorious,
    Long to reign over us,
    God save the Queen.

And for us footy nuts that want to sing it heres the tune!

http://home.wanadoo.nl/english.site/royal/uk.mid

With the tune sing it twice as the Tune goes on for the verse twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    you're a bit hopeless at predictions!
    lol!!! Are you Irish? Geez, I was really surprised about that result, didn't expect that at all! Italy didn't take their chances, they are a top quality side and Scotland had the bit between their teeth. And England were so dull to watch! Compared to watching Brazil V Chile yesterday, Brazil are simply amazing. The second goal that involved Juan,I think Ze Roberto, then the fab front 4 (ultimate class) Adriano, Kaka, Robinho and Ronaldo. I still tip Argentina to win the WC next year (never mind their 1-0 loss to Paraguay, they have already qualified so the incentive to win is somewhat lost).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonie)
    C'MON Lets here your cheers, jeers or Tears, but all i can say is: its coming home AND for all us footy fans:
    What's coming home? The World Cup? Nah to be honest England were lucky to come out of the game with a win, when on paper they should have lput at least 4 on us.

(Original post by James_000)
    What's coming home? The World Cup? Nah to be honest England were lucky to come out of the game with a win, when on paper they should have lput at least 4 on us.
    From what I've seen of the game, I agree. Bit of a rethink, methinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    From what I've seen of the game, I agree. Bit of a rethink, methinks.
    I can see what Sven was trying to do by packing the midfield, but it just didn't work. He should go back to the 4-4-2, which he has had decent success with and should motivate his midfielders more as there will be more competition for places.

ReputationRep:
    We got a result but the game was awful. A good advert for watching paint dry. Hopefully it was a one off. David Pleat said some of the players resembled "square pegs in round holes" and I think that was about right. David Beckham as a defensive midfielder?!

ReputationRep:
    He wasn't acting as a defensive midfielder, more of a deep lying playmaker in the role of say Xabi Alonso or Pirlo. Against a team like Wales his game was always going to be creative and not destructive, and that's what happened with the goal.

Against the top sides, Sven is just gonna have to swallow his pride and drop Gerrard or Lampard and bring in someone like Parker, Phil Neville or even Hargreaves to sit in front of the back four. But against the likes of Wales, N.Ireland, Poland etc. the way England play will almost always get the job done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriswhit)
    David Beckham as a defensive midfielder?!
    It was ridiculous, Sven's got all his tactics wrong AGAIN.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.