Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    i saw today on sky sports jamie redknap and another pundit arguing about that stevie g and frank lampard cancel out each other, cos something abount missing deffensive midfield...... ( i cant really recall the point they were arguing over) but one of them said that one of them has to be on the bench while others playing...suggesting that frank be on the bench......i am not 100% sure.

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely the general consensus.

Lampard is smashing for Chelsea, but your grandmother could probably score 12+ goals from midfield if she had Makalele behind her, dealing with all the defensive worries. In an England side, a central midfielder would have cope with both attacking and defensive duties and that's where the issue comes into play.

I'd be highly surprised to see Jamie Redknapp suggesting his own cousin be dropped to the bench though. Or do you mean he was arguing against that point??

ReputationRep:

Bucking Fastards! :mad:

Don't worry, the football Henry will never go to Scumford Bridge :yy:

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hahahahahahah thats sooooooooooooo good i cos i hate arsenal! But i think i hate them cos of henry- does that mean i have to hate chelsea now? :confused: lol

ReputationRep:
    i'm a spurs fan, and if anything i like Arsenal because of Henry. and hate them for everything else.

ReputationRep:
    being slightly realistic .i.e. diverting from the joke ; I don't think Henry would go to any other english football club if/when he leaves Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    so he will retire at 29 then...

ReputationRep:
    Damn you man
    I have never gone to the bbc sports section that quick!

But thankfully there was a smile when I saw that bright red *******

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceTee)
    so he will retire at 29 then...
    Sorry, error corrrected; I meant to say English football club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Peter Crouch is an option. But not more so than others.

As for me knowing about football, I can assure you I have been to more football matches that you've had hot dinners. Please, its insulting especially as you can only assume that I'm merely taking it from the medias perspective. In fact, why are the media saying that in the first place?

I laugh when I look at this thread and its all Liverpool supporters who think he's great. You can't compare Rooney to Crouch Mr Calderstone FC which makes me ponder if you ever watch football?

As for Defoe, I can see how people underate him. I just happen to think he does have some really great potential. Just my opinion. If others disagree, that is their opinion. But my opinion of Crouch is still dim, although like I said earler, I just hope he concentrates on being slightly more selfish.

Crouch should go to Germany based on the fact he is a different kind of option. Agreed, but disagree if he even begins to start a game.
    If you think Crouch should go based on the fact that he's a different kind of option, then why not take Heskey?

ReputationRep:
    I would give Heskey the very same chance as Crouch.
    Heskey has the attribute of being particularly strong and would be good in matches where a good physical presence is needed up front; no more.
    The same way I would give Crouch the option, if we were lacking aerial ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Some of your posts verge on stupidity. Barry over SWP? What the bloody hell is your reason for that! I agree with the other two mind.
    Mine:
    GK: Robinson,Green(i know he doesnt play premership, but hes better than the clown),Kirkland( hell probably trip getting off the plane and be out for 4 months)
    DF: A.Cole,G.Neville,J.Carra,Terry,F erdinand,King,Bridge
    MF: Beckham.Gerrard,Lampard,SWP,J.Co le,Carrick,Parker,Downing
    ST: Rooney,Owen,Crouch,Bent
    apart from missing one defender (23 man squad), which i would probably go for Campbell, and Richardson instead of Downing, i would totally agree with you

ReputationRep:
    It might be reality soon.

ReputationRep:
    GK: Robinson, Kirkland, Green.
    DF: Terry, Ferdinand, G. Neville, A. Cole, Carragher, Bridge, Woodgate, King.
    MF: Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, J. Cole, Carrick, Downing, Wright-Phillips, Jenas.
    FW: Owen, Rooney, Defoe, Crouch.

Campbell/Dawsom/Parker if Woodgate or Bridge are injured.

There is no way you'd take Carson or Barton or Barry.

ReputationRep:
    andy cole isnt a defender

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    ?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    You keep posting this, is it supposed to be funny or are you being serious?

ReputationRep:
    convert the whole Brazil team into British citizens and you have a winning team that will win the world... well thats the only way England have a chance of coming to close to winning the world cup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    You keep posting this, is it supposed to be funny or are you being serious?
    lol, if im being generous it was mildly amusing the first time. By the 20th it gets just a bit repetitive

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.