Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm not American, I'm welsh, hence the flag next to mine my name. What was medieval football more like? Modern rugby or modern soccer?

My dad played football, but unfortunately it has changed these days to soccer, football is more applicable to rugby nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea will probably win purely because they are a bunch of ****ing *****. Ive put a bit of money on Chelscum so when they do qualify I wont be as pissed off. Come on BARCA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qui Audet Vincit)
    I'm not American, I'm welsh, hence the flag next to mine my name. What was medieval football more like? Modern rugby or modern soccer?

My dad played football, but unfortunately it has changed these days to soccer, football is more applicable to rugby nowadays.
    Well since Rugby was invented while a game of Football was taking place I dont understand where you are coming from.

If you want to call Rugby, Football then go ahead, because you clearly use your feet in Rugby and never your hands. Idiot

ReputationRep:
    Thats a good called "Economist" I think I might do the same.
    Have you checked out http://www.studentbettingvillage.co.uk for some good betting deals, I found loads of free bets at all the top bookies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrK)
    Thats a good called "Economist" I think I might do the same.
    Have you checked out http://www.studentbettingvillage.co.uk for some good betting deals, I found loads of free bets at all the top bookies!
    Always use betfair personally, much better odds and inplay betting. I have been tempted by the free offers but im currently making quite a bit on betfair so no need to bet with other bookies using their free bets.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you should look at the betfair deals on that site.

They aint bad!! Or you could use the free bets from other sites to fund your betfair account!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alwaysingtogeth)
    If you do sign up, enter TPALNDWNK in the referrer code and you will get a free £20 when you reach 50 Betfair points. If you do not enter the code and sign up you will receive no free £20 so you might as well enter my code.
    LOL, no wonder you made a thread about this. Trying to get everyone to use your referall code so you get a free £20 bet as well.
    I would advise other people to look around for other promotion codes, where you get a free £20 after you have made £20 worth of bets. Much better than trying to get to 50 points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrK)
    Perhaps you should look at the betfair deals on that site.

They aint bad!! Or you could use the free bets from other sites to fund your betfair account!
    My betfair account funds itself at the moment, on fire with my betting

ReputationRep:
    "Here we are for the world cup final between England and Germany...live from the Withdean"

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    'And David James with a fine save!'
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    it wasn't even a penalty

ReputationRep:
    What's the score????

ReputationRep:
    Crap match. It was if Barca were the team behind. Chelsea were terrible

UNLUCKY JOSE

ReputationRep:
    1-1 and 3-2 on aggregate with Barca with the win..
    psff @ the penalty

ReputationRep:
    "Jose did the best team win other 2 legs?" "I dont think so" Why bother asking his answer will always be the same. Even know both games have been pretty boring.

ReputationRep:
    My personal opinion:

- Ref upset the game in the first half by blowing his whistle at every opportunity. It was just stop start, stop start. I didn't here the 96000 crowd for love nor money. Even they were bored.
    - 2nd half - Chelsea should have no complaints. Crespo should of done better with his opportunity. Ronaldhino took his goal superbly.

I think that was a penalty and how Ally McCoist and Andy Townsend can say otherwise is beyond me :confused: Terry was about to score, as simple as that, and he was stopped by the defender kicking his leg. No contact with the ball whatsoever. So penalty.

It should have been 11 against 11 over the 2 legs, and Chelsea would of stood a better chance. Bracelona weren'ty that much better than Chelsea, never.

ReputationRep:
    What a shít game, but you often get that when things are so hyped up, expectations and all that... - look at Manchester United Vs Liverpool games this season for example, home and away, so incredibly dull. I was in Rajasthan, N.India at the time of watching the Man U vs Liverpool game at Anfield, arguably the dullest game i have ever watched, united's fa cup victory at Wembley, either against Liverpool or Newcastle in the very late 90s runs close (Cantona the match winner in 1-0 win).

Ronaldinho's ball control was fantastic, felt a bit cheated Messi got injured, that was a big shame. There just was no attacking threat or passion from Chelsea, such a dead empty game. I was more intrigued by Townsend and McCoist - i think i know who wears the trousers in that commentating partnership - the former could talk for England, pretty funny as McCoist couldnt get a word in edgeways and you could see his being slightly aggrieved by how uncomfortable and uneasy he looked at times...that was funny.

ReputationRep:
    What a **** game. Always a shame to see the most honest, attractive and creative football team/club in the history of football lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    My personal opinion:

- Ref upset the game in the first half by blowing his whistle at every opportunity. It was just stop start, stop start. I didn't here the 96000 crowd for love nor money. Even they were bored.
    - 2nd half - Chelsea should have no complaints. Crespo should of done better with his opportunity. Ronaldhino took his goal superbly.

I think that was a penalty and how Ally McCoist and Andy Townsend can say otherwise is beyond me :confused: Terry was about to score, as simple as that, and he was stopped by the defender kicking his leg. No contact with the ball whatsoever. So penalty.

It should have been 11 against 11 over the 2 legs, and Chelsea would of stood a better chance. Bracelona weren'ty that much better than Chelsea, never.
    Are you blind. Firstly Terry was offside and secondly Gio CLEARLY got a toe to the ball and Terry kicked his leg.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Do you have a role model?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.