Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    ryan giggs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    I'd love Arsenal to win it. Two different English teams win it two years in a row. If thats not a sign that the Premiership is the best and strongest league in the World, I don't know what is.

However, I can't help but think Barcelona have their names on the trophy this year. I think they'll have to win it this year, because sooner or later they are going to get found out and battered because of their dodgy back line
    yea, the italians have been too strong in the competition in recent years.

and i guess barcelona could go out, look at last season.. lol

ReputationRep:
    O'Leary is a terrible manager, he complains about small squad etc yet is happy to let our squad players go, whilst not even playing the likes of Berson and Djemba Djemba; players whom he bought. Money? He's spent a fortune last summer including over 6 million on Milan Baros who can only hit a barn door after about 5 tries...Sooner he goes the better...He can't motivate players and has never won anything...Poor manager, he couldn't win so much as the league cup at leeds despite a bottomless pit of cash. GRR.

ReputationRep:
    Football manager is much better than championship manager. Eidos and sports interactive had a falling out (they collaborated on Champs so far). Now SI teamed up with sega to make the football manager series, amazing game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Amazing, the guy's a medical phenonemon! Back at Melwood, running with and without the ball. :rolleyes:
    LOL so much for his holiday!

ReputationRep:
    Messi

ReputationRep:
    Zola.

ReputationRep:
    Never played football manager but sometimes play championship manager although not often.

I play on fifa 06 on my sisters DS on those long away journies like this saturday for example when it will keep me entertained on the way to Norwich!

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl1982)
    I was on a football manager message board and most of the guys over there say if a girl plays a football game they are considered a lesbian, i totally disagree with that i don't see what the problem is, so is there any of you girls who play a game i.e like Football Manager 2006, what's your thoughts on it.
    Dubbed the "Queen of Procastination" unfortunately Im well into my footie manager, but i have been ever since i was very young... and i definitely aint a lesbian

ReputationRep:
    is zola still playing anywhere or is he fully retired?

ReputationRep:
    The fact that they elect the President means he has to come in with a big shiny (and usually useless) slogan; Perez had the "galactico" idea which meant a team of "Zidane's and Pavon's".

Basically they bought in the very top players in the world - in terms if marketability - and made up the rest of the team with
    average home grown players. This also led to the fact that while Ronaldo was on five bzillion euros a week, Makelele, arguably their most important player then and Chelsea's now, was on a quarter of that despite making a bigger contribution.

Clearly, the policy hasn't worked. Sacking Del Bosque was also a massive mistake, but probably the best thing for him as he's missed the worst of the collapse. Perez is gone now and the new President seems like less of an idiot, with the amount of money and history they have I doubt it'll be more than a couple of seasons before they fix the mess Perez created.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I quite like Real Madrid. They sold us Makelele. :p:
    Makelele who? :rolleyes:
    I only wish Man U had him.

I'm stating the bleeding obvious here, but Barca are currently successful because they are a 'team', whereas Real Madrid aren't (so much)...also i was shocked to watch the Chelsea and Barca game last week on tv, i visited the Nou Camp this time last year and the stands looked far closer to the edges of the pitch than they do on tv. Strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    I'm up for it (especially if Cindy is reffing )! I play 5-a-side on Wednesdays so I guess I should be well-suited for it, although I much prefer 11-a-side with a nice full grass pitch. Ah well, football is football eh?
    LOL's!!! I can't say I am any good.

ReputationRep:
    O'Leary is a bad manager. He makes me cringe when he's interviewed. He's incoherent. He's a bad motivator. He criticises the fans. He makes dodgy signings (Djemba x2, Laursen, Berger, to name a few). He complains. He's full of cliches. I want him out. I want Ellis out. I want Villa back.

ReputationRep:
    I've only played on astro-turf when it's dry.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My favorite Team are in action now against Manchester City, i hope for a cracking game even though i think we'll lose.

ReputationRep:
    Why say "we battered them" when you lose 3-0? (Villa v Boro Dec 2004) That clearly isn't true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl1982)
    My favorite Team are in action now against Manchester City, i hope for a cracking game even though i think we'll lose.
    You're not far wrong there

ReputationRep:
    Average and a pain in the arse to listen to. Get more action from a Howard Wilkinson interview

ReputationRep:
    Real's foolish galactico policy is to be blame. Nothing new

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.