Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    like to see Birmingham go down because Steve Bruce is a big faced **** and they are just so dull

ReputationRep:
    whilst its a quick recovery, he really ought to wait. if he gets his eye banged again he'll be screwed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    I wouldn't have. His loyalties are at Utd, £300k a year is more than enough for anyone, especially someone who's not particularly greedy, Sheffield United were looking to go up and Pompey were looking to go down... I think he can expect a pay rise if Utd get promoted, even if it wouldn't be as much as Pompey offered him.

That said, I wasn't particularly happy about offering him the position - 1 because he wouldn't come and 2 because the only result would be disgruntled sheff utd fans!
    Yeah. To think in December it looked like we were swapping places and now we probably won't meet next season because we will be staying in our current division for at least another season. God, how depressing from my point of view! :rolleyes:

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Nolan isn't a particularly fashionable player himself - his own style is his own downfall arguably.

One player who should be in the squad is West Ham's Matthew Etherington IMO.
    Maybe so but if Nolan played for one of the top 3 or 4 clubs in the prem, he'd stand a much better chance of getting picked for England even if his performances were at the same standard of those he puts in for Bolton.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Boumsong was apparently amazing at Rangers, and before any wiseass **** come aslong the Scottish league isn't that much of a bad standard.

Think Boumsong just really lacks any confidence right now, he really needs to be dropped/rested and desperatley needs a leader alongside him(a Tony Adams type player) who could really settle any nerves. It can't do him any good playing alongside Robbie Elliot(a full back) or Titus Shambles. Taylor looks good but isn't the leader Boumsong needs next to him.

ReputationRep:
    I dislike them a lot because the fans I encountered on our(aylesbury united) messageboard came across as being rude and they seemed to think they were too big for the leavel they are at.

Hope they dont make promotion to be honest, they encouraged fans to boycot us after we arranged a friendly with MK dons a while back, so still dont like them for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    All non-league tables in a top-down hierarchical structure:

1) http://www.footballconference.co.uk/ (Conference) includes North & South (Step 2)
    4) 3 leagues are based at this level:
    http://www.southern-football-league.co.uk/ (Southern teams & London)
    http://www.unibondleague.com/ (All teams up norf')
    http://www.isthmian.co.uk/ (London teams predominantly) (AFC Wimbledon)

7) Would be the 1st division of all those mentioned above and so forth.

I was wrong about average AFC Wimbledon attendance: roughly 2700 attendees. Very high indeed. I can't quite remember a team getting or averaging as much as that in that division for a long time.
    - Aldershot regulalrly got 2000+ and in some cases 3500.
    - Yeovil managed 8000 6 years back at Huish park and regulalry got 3500+
    - Average for the division is around 500 spectators (Isthmian). Southern League has good average attendances with Unibond suffering the wosrt.
    kind of right although the Southern League, bizzarley is a more Midland/Western league with the likes of Halesowen, Gloucester etc. Don't think there are any teams from London. Aylesbury made the switch to the southern league from Isthmian but we are pretty much on the border of these leagues. I'd say we along with Chesham are the 2 closest teams to London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Average and a pain in the arse to listen to. Get more action from a Howard Wilkinson interview
    basically agree with that, always got excuses when it, inevitably goes wrong. At leeds it was "they are my babies, such a young team" etc

at Villa "we have a tiny squad"

He should maybe for once look at himself and realise he's pretty ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    Maybe so but if Nolan played for one of the top 3 or 4 clubs in the prem, he'd stand a much better chance of getting picked for England even if his performances were at the same standard of those he puts in for Bolton.

Gem
    I agree The same could be applied to Dean Ashton arguably, or at least in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    he'll end up being world class if he leaves newcastle
    It helps having decent company

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    I agree The same could be applied to Dean Ashton arguably, or at least in the future.
    Possibly but not as much. West Ham are loved by most...especially those in the media.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Average and a pain in the arse to listen to. Get more action from a Howard Wilkinson interview
    Yes, would agree with that.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Please dont rush him back rafa. He isnt needed today, no need to rush him into anything. Hes going to look cool with his protective glasses, they should help with knocks etc.
    The guy is such a battler though!
    Well in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    Possibly but not as much. West Ham are loved by most...especially those in the media.

Gem
    That's true, they do seem generally popular. In fact, they have been a 'second team' of mine since yr 6 of primary school - i've seen them 5-6 times....ahhh the days of ludek miklosko

ReputationRep:
    You'll make the playoffs at least, right? I'll be supporting you then. I always support a team in all the playoffs - makes it more exciting. In league one I'll be supporting Swansea (as they're my 2nd team) unless they managed to clinch the 2nd spot which is looking unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    why did you put Neville in if you hate him? theres loads of better RB's around (Cafu, Zanetti, Sagnol, Puyol). I hardly think Fabregas merits a place YET, and Adriano is probably the most overrated player atm.
    Why put him in, because i believe hes an excellent right back all hatred aside. Secondly, Puyol is ruled out because of other barca players in their.
    Its all personal preference, i believe fabregas is a fantastic player already never mind his age. The way he can control a game is astonishing. Adriano is not over rated, he is low on confidence but he is by far the most skilled forward that Brazil have (counting ronaldinhio as a midfielder)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    You'll make the playoffs at least, right? I'll be supporting you then. I always support a team in all the playoffs - makes it more exciting. In league one I'll be supporting Swansea (as they're my 2nd team) unless they managed to clinch the 2nd spot which is looking unlikely.
    Erm, yeah...play offs are very good for neutral fans or fans who just like a team but not support them. I'm dreading them. :eek:

Gem

ReputationRep:
    You should be. The third placed team never wins then, and thats where I think you'll finish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    You should be. The third placed team never wins then, and thats where I think you'll finish
    We'll be lucky! We'll finish lower than both Leeds and Watford therefore it will be a 4th place finish.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I think Leeds will pip you but you'll stay above Watford

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.