Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Im not to bothered or worried about the actual match, as i think over a one of game we can have chelsea. WEve been the closest competitor to them in the matches weve played (cue fulham,man u and boro fans)
    *cough cough*, reminds him of the Blackburn game when we pulled it back from 2-0 to 2-2. Granted we did lose 4-2, but stop forgetting us!!!!

ReputationRep:
    it doesnt matter if wengers players dive the most or not. he wants all divers to be punished, not non-arsenal players.

ReputationRep:
    It's a boring draw for the neutral but I'm dead up for it. Think we'll have em this time.

WEve been the closest competitor to them in the matches weve played
    But still only beaten them ONCE in NINE attempts....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    everyone involved in football on tv justs states the complete obvious and nothing else. occasionaly you might get an outspoken pundit who doesn't mind being controversial but don't count on it.

interviews with players after games are so pointless, asking a player 'how do you feel after scoring today' is just a load of nonsense requiring a quick easy simple and obvious answer. thats why players feel so uneasy during interviews because they know they have nothing new to say but just read off a flippin screen.

sky have put way too much emphasis on football its actually one big ££joke
    It's true... if you listen to managers and players after games, they essentially say the same things every week. I think they should only interview the players if they were involved in something controversial or did something that needs explaining, otherwise it's a waste of time.

I don't have Sky so I can't agree or disagree with you on that one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    It's a boring draw for the neutral but I'm dead up for it. Think we'll have em this time.

But still only beaten them ONCE in NINE attempts....
    True, and dont get me wrong.. i dont like exscuses but..
    Carling cup.. An extreme fluke thanks to an unlucly SG OG.
    Prem last season..Both won by 1 goal, and a clear penalty in each case. In the 2nd one, thiago should of gone.

Arsenals discipline has improved actually, and Wenger isn't showing discretion so it wouldn't matter if they hadn't.

I agree with him, it's ruining the game and there should be bookings for diving more often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    This will probably be held at OT, because of how many tickets are going to be wanted, I can see me doing an 3am to get my tickets again.
    All depends on Boro. If Boro lose their replay, United have a game the weekend of the s/f, if Boro win, United don't have a game that weekend.

Edit: It'd be a home game for United

ReputationRep:
    Old Trafford will host Chelsea V Liverpool - slightly harsh on the chelsea fans there...

Villa Park???? will host the other semi final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    Old Trafford will host Chelsea V Liverpool - slightly harsh on the chelsea fans there...

Villa Park???? will host the other semi final.
    Gotta be a financial one that surely. The new quads at OT will be almost completely open (opening some up on sunday), so there is a greater capacity for the big, moneyspinning, game.

United's game v Boro is definately gonna be rescheduled then (not 'subject to Boro's involvement in the FA Cup' as stated when applying for the ticket)

ReputationRep:
    Im sick and tired of glory hunters who suddenly appear from nowhere. Funny how all of a sudden theres so many people wearing chelsea shirts. Where were they all when they were an average premiership side? And where have all them leeds shirts gone that were so popular when they were competing in the Champions league? Too often you ask someone who they support and they say Chelsea, Arsenal, Man utd or liverpool. What about your local team from where you live?

Im an AFC Bournemouth fan through and through. Ok so we are a small club with no money and very little success to shout about, but so what. The reason why so many smaller clubs are in financial tatters is because the local people dont get behind them. Wheres the loyalty in that. I think a lot of fans should take a good look at them selves and stop jumping on the bandwagon with the "big clubs".

Im sure theres plenty of people who will back me up on this.

What league are they in?

(Original post by jeff's_dead)
    Hmmm controversial. Not related to any of this, but in the Man City v West Ham game, Christian Dailly was seriously injured, stayed down for about five minutes but neither side put the ball out of play. Man City didn't realise he was injured, but West Ham did and carried on even though it seemed like a very bad injury. West Ham then scored their second goal while their own player was still on the floor. Alan Green is outraged by it
    How do you know West Ham did? I think both sides were pretty much aware of it, Man City made no conscious effort to stop play either- they carried on going for the goal.

And it would have been hard for West Ham to stop play when they finally got the ball anyway, as it had continued for so long after the initial incident.

ReputationRep:
    league 1!

ReputationRep:
    tis_me_lord supports Arsenal.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I agree with him saying wanting divers banned but his team are no better than the rest.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't clubs discipline their own players? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Why can't clubs discipline their own players? :rolleyes:
    Because they can't trust other clubs to do the same? But surely it's the FA's job anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    Because they can't trust other clubs to do the same? But surely it's the FA's job anyway
    True. We have much to learn from rugby.

ReputationRep:
    True. We have much to learn from rugby.
    Do they?

ReputationRep:
    The problem with diving is that people are calling for heavier penalties than reckless challenges which does more harm. Never understood that. I suppose with diving you could create a sin-bin like in rugby.
    Don't ever say that again. The first time football includes Rugby rules, is the day it dies.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.