Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano) (4)
7.69%
Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels) (5)
9.62%
Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley) (5)
9.62%
Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio) (2)
3.85%
Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera) (4)
7.69%
Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller) (2)
3.85%
Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C) (3)
5.77%
Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi) (3)
5.77%
P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink) (2)
3.85%
Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic) (0)
0%
Juventus 1996(under Lippi) (4)
7.69%
Ajax 1995(under Van gaal) (4)
7.69%
Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque) (6)
11.54%
Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld) (3)
5.77%
Porto 2004(under Mourinho) (4)
7.69%
Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld) (1)
1.92%
This discussion is closed.
oswaldlobo
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
why cant people support who they want to support??
hallowsfanatic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I also loathe glory hunters, and they are quite frankly the vermin of football in Scotland, and England. Rangers and Celtic both play in Glasgow and the majority of their support are wanna glory hunters. Half of them dont even stay in Glasgow, and those who do easily disregard the likes of Clyde, Queens Park and Particky Thistle, who are also Glasgow teams...

I support St Mirren, who should be a massive club as Paisley is the largest town in Scotland, the problem lies with Rangers and Celtic fans in the area, when they should be supporting their local team.

St Mirren are winning the league just now, going to be back in the SPL and the attendances shall increase slightly, but not to the standards that they should be at.

I feel so strongly on this matter and related issues that I am currently researching it further, and plan to write a book on the issue. Respect to everyonre who stands by their guns to support the local team, and it's everything to brag about as it';s not easy some of the time, but thankfully this is the most succesful season I have ever seen my team in, also narrowingly going out in the Scottish Cup to Gretna, another team with no substance and just a rich mans toy.
President_Ben
Badges: 13
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ba_ba1)
cool are u going to the delle empty for the return leg?? I have to say their stadium is poor - it is miles away from the pitch and you can hardly see anything - i'm not surprised their attendances are so low.
Gunners to win this leg. 1-0. Maybe 2... I just think Arsenal will be so incredibly fired up for this game that they can perform.

And then on the other leg, slip by... edging it past Juve... then they get the easy tie in the semis and bingo, in the final - where anything can happen.

:cool:
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Should be a great match, especially with Vieira and Henry playing their old clubs. I dont think Juve will find it easy to score against us, 6 games without conceding in the champs league. It will be interesting to see what Wenger plays. The 4-5-1 was very effective against Madrid but with Freddie out im not sure it would be too good because Pires is useless at the moment. 4-4-2 is more of an option with Van Persie back and I would probably like us to play it.
Liam The Eagle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Palace fan right here. Glory hunters piss me off no end, but we don't tend to get many round Selhurst for some reason :dontknow:

Glory hunters are particularly annoying because they have the sheer gaul to look you in the face and take the piss out of your team when they haven't even been to see their own. I'd bet most Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Manc fans have never been to their grounds or seen them play live. Yet they'll take the piss out of you for supporting a team that represents your area, your home town. It's where you're from and who you are, football support isn't a choice, it's a calling and those who refuse to listen to that calling sin against nature. And by nature I mean football.
discombobulation
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Every team has fans who suddenly 'remember' they're fans when the team start winning but there's no need to attack the team, because they've done well and they deserved to do well
For every supposedly 'tin-pot' fan there are many more who are true fans
filastini
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
"Sometimes I dive, sometimes I stand."

100% clear.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gas_panic!)
Maybe thats true. Still a tinpot club. I think you'll find that a lot of Reading 'fans' actually support Arsenal or Chelsea and just tag along with Reading now they are doing well. This is backed up by someone i know who while in Reading saw a car with a chelsea sticker and a Reading sticker in the back window.:rolleyes:
That's true but the same happened many years ago in London with Leyton Orient fans with Arsenal. I'm guessing the same happened with Brentford with Chelsea etc.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I want to put a bet on. But I don't know what =/

And for some reason I see an Arsenal defender scoring. Like Toure or Senderos.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
On a side note.. Juve are making their stadium smaller at the end of the season!
I think Arsenal will pip it 1 nil, im going to stick a bet on. I hope arsenal do well, as id like to see my teams title go to an english team (that isnt man u or chelsea) than abroad.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Where are all the Manchester United fans gone all of a sudden? :confused:

Well since the last two seasons or so.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Liam The Eagle)
I was unaware of that. Still, there's a case to say that £5m guaranteed is still a risk, but not so much in the modern game
All transfers are risks, but if it works it could be a bargain. Personally, i dont see the fuss with theo myself.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^ What bet(s) are you putting on?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If Leeds gain promotion I'll expect to see more Leeds shirts around all of a sudden. :rolleyes:
decola
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ba_ba1)
cool are u going to the delle empty for the return leg?? I have to say their stadium is poor - it is miles away from the pitch and you can hardly see anything - i'm not surprised their attendances are so low.
I'm in Malaysia mate! I have to stay up till 2:30am just to watch the damn game! *shakes fist*
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jusfarhan)
^ What bet(s) are you putting on?
Was going to have a arsenal 1-0 with henry to score, but arsenal to lose 2-0 in return.
But i think im going to have a flutter on just 1-0 gilberto.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by oswaldlobo)
why cant people support who they want to support??
Because.. its not about just that. I have no problem if a liverpool fan from london supports LFC on the conditions that:
He knows and fully supports the boycott of the s*n. Countless times ive lost my head going off at a fan in the kop reading that crap. If you want to read it, take loyalty elsewere.
Respect the tradition, at least know something about the clubs past. This also links in with..respect rivalries..I dont care what the media and your london pals tell you. Chelsea are not deemed a rival, until they can boast 18 league titles and 5 european cups they will not be a rival ib my eyes. Man u are a rival in terms of stature, but the true rivalry is everton.
Bloody sing, im fed up of these people coming in the kop to witness the legendary atmosphere only to ruin it because the people who cause it cant get a ticket. Sing, learn some words.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh right.. Combos never work for me. I was thinking of doing separate bets for Toure, Senderos, Pires and Henry to score first.

Thats stupid

I dont know what to do then I'll just curse Arsenal if I lose my money whereas when I bet with Liverpool and we lose, my money is always the last thing I care about lol.
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
it'll be 2-1 to Juve...thats what i think.
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
All transfers are risks, but if it works it could be a bargain. Personally, i dont see the fuss with theo myself.
i think the fuss with Theo is the fact that hes never played in the Premiership before and has only played like 15 games for Southampton...if i had a choice of having Theo at Man Utd then i'll take him but not for that price because we dont know how he'll play in the Premiership.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1236)
79.59%
Leave (317)
20.41%

Watched Threads