Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    I've never been so proud of ARSENAL!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!

I'm a United fan and that made even me smile.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so proud of them, its unbelievable

ReputationRep:
    Man, Arsenal made me proud tonight, simply outclassed Juve. Canny wait for september to watch them every time they're at home! that student loan's going to have to stretch to a season ticket i believe!

regards
    --marty

(Original post by xavier2k3)
    Man, Arsenal made me proud tonight, simply outclassed Juve. Canny wait for september to watch them every time they're at home! that student loan's going to have to stretch to a season ticket i believe!

regards
    --marty
    Then I hope you got into the queue for a season ticket at the new stadium about 2 years ago... because that's about the only way to get one.

ReputationRep:
    YEEEESSSS!!! GET IN!!!!!!

lol, I'm a hardcore gooner so I'm very happy!

ReputationRep:
    Stunning performance by all the Arsenal players. Showed so much energy and determination throughout the whole game.

Camoranesi, lol, what a plonker.

ReputationRep:
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ole Ole Ole

Fabregas yet another unbelieveable performance. Toure now one of the best defenders in the world without doubt.

ReputationRep:
    His tackle on Ibrahimovic, when Ibra was thru on goal, was just sublime.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! toure and fabregas were absolute class as was everyone else

ReputationRep:
    A**** Amazing Performance.

Brilliant passing held throughout the game, and the work ethic was second only to the Real Away leg. Cesc Fabregas was brilliant and out classed his predecessor. And the back four particularly Toure, Flamini and Eboue were sensational!

Great game my very least hopes now for the Away leg is a score draw, which should be very much achievable

UP THE ARSENAL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Stunning performance by all the Arsenal players. Showed so much energy and determination throughout the whole game.

Camoranesi, lol, what a plonker.
    When he got booked early in the 1st half, I knew he'd be off eventually, but did he have to go off in such a disgraceful way... dumb-ass

Amazing display there, all of the team was exceptional. Goalie had no work to do at all.

Back four were awesome despite being so young. Lauren wont walk back into the first team, really good tackles from them, always pressing hard to stop Juve ever getting a chance.

Can't believe nobody is mentioning Pires, forget Fabregas, Pires was the star of the first half. Maybe less so in the second but he still deserves a mention. Reyes who I don't rate highly usually was top class. Kleb improved from the weakest link in first half to as good as the rest in the second.

Henry was Henry, some of his runs towards the end were him at his best.

Very smiley Gunners fan here, if they score away to Juve they'll need to get 4 vs us, not gonna happen. Viera missing the second leg (reckon he did that on purpose) and two tossers getting sent off. Hope the manager molests them.

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    There's little excuse for cricketers to do it. I can understand long distance runners but cricketers is a step too far. I only spit if I really need to like if I get breathing problems etc. I rarely do it.
    Well they need to spit on the ball, maybe it just becomes a habbit, it's always the bowlers doing it, especially that Shane Warne.

(Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Amazing display there, all of the team was exceptional. Goalie had no work to do at all.

Back four were awesome despite being so young. Lauren wont walk back into the first team, really good tackles from them, always pressing hard to stop Juve ever getting a chance.

Can't believe nobody is mentioning Pires, forget Fabregas, Pires was the star of the first half. Maybe less so in the second but he still deserves a mention. Reyes who I don't rate highly usually was top class. Kleb improved from the weakest link in first half to as good as the rest in the second.

Henry was Henry, some of his runs towards the end were him at his best.

Very smiley Gunners fan here, if they score away to Juve they'll need to get 4 vs us, not gonna happen. Viera missing the second leg (reckon he did that on purpose) and two tossers getting sent off. Hope the manager molests them.
    Juve are probably in a worse position on their home again than they were today in terms of line up... 3 first team players out...

Who do you see us getting in the semis then?

ReputationRep:
    really overjoyed. cesc and other gooners were just fab!
    tho I was thinking a 3-0 would be more likely be a reasonable result tonight

(Original post by eva*)
    really overjoyed. cesc and other gooners were just fab!
    tho I was thinking a 3-0 would be more likely be a reasonable result tonight
    It's a shame they only totally spazzed out right at the end so we couldn't take advantage of 11 vs 9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Juve are probably in a worse position on their home again than they were today in terms of line up... 3 first team players out...

Who do you see us getting in the semis then?

Basically we need to go to Madird and score 1, then they will need 4. We aren't there yet but its so close.

Fabregas and Toure were out of this world. This sort of performance will help convince Henry to stay. Felt sorry for the Vieira at the same time as laughing very hard. Nutmegged by Cesc and totally done by Thierry. Brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Well done arsenal. Made up for ya, i hope you win it to bring some silver to highburys last year.
    Excellent performance lads.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    well what happened to budweiser's pledge to give soccertainment, you know lets send Arsenal to the peak districk, how about team manchester, porsmouth pirates, and who wants nil nil draws when you can have added time multi-ball.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.