Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    They even chant English songs on the terraces

Nobody has mentioned Terry.

We have loads of candidates, I think it should be Gerrard but I doubt it matters too much to England now to be honest.

(Original post by GOD)
    just beat em ffs!! dats all i want! cnt b doiin with Arse
    I guess his tenth point was true. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Tactically Wenger was spot on. Flooding the midfield with 5 players made all the difference and Juve couldnt cope. Even Capello said they couldnt play anything through. In fact Arsenal played a very similar system to Chelsea, but fortunately Henry upfront with very pacey players to support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I guess his tenth point was true. :rolleyes:

haha i dint realise that. yer spose so lol. im defo on Juve's side :cool:

ReputationRep:
    That's strange. Also some of my friends say the Benfica match and were confused in seeing the England flag there. Guess they don't know that St George is also patron saint of Portugal as well England.

(Original post by GOD)
    haha i dint realise that. yer spose so lol. im defo on Juve's side :cool:
    That must be quite distressing for you.

ReputationRep:
    Can people not use the post report and make it known this is in the wrong forum?? C'mon guys, be helpful.
    Moving to FOOTBALL!!

ReputationRep:
    Now this is getting silly. All you wll known members from the FOOTY forum, did you not think to report this as being in the wrong place?? Or do we not want a football forum anymore. I can soon as Pig to put it back how it was and then I would have to kill lots of mindless threads. Use the report function please. Moving to FOOTBALL where this thread is supposed to be!
    *growls as this is the 2nd bloody thread I have had to move*

ReputationRep:
    The difference between the Gooners this year and the Scousers last year though is that we havnt fluked it through a critical match yet, in fact i reckon our form is immaculate so far, particularly away and defensively [!]. Liverpool put in some good performances, but were lucky on several occaisions...

...id say that was a key part of most Champion's League Winners' campaigns though, at one point Arsenal are probably gonna have to muddle through and grab a lucky last minute goal or something if they are to win it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Beckham shouldn't be captain no more time to give it to someone who'se more hungry.

(Original post by Cindy)
    Now this is getting silly. All you wll known members from the FOOTY forum, did you not think to report this as being in the wrong place?? Or do we not want a football forum anymore. I can soon as Pig to put it back how it was and then I would have to kill lots of mindless threads. Use the report function please. Moving to FOOTBALL where this thread is supposed to be!
    *growls as this is the 2nd bloody thread I have had to move*
    This was in football when I posted. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Dutch football is awesome, it's what the Premiership should be. Tough tackling, no nonsense action. Enough of this diving ******** already

ReputationRep:
    I dont think it matters whether you have one lucky goal or moment, and nothing should be taken away at all from Liverpool. Arsenal can very easily play 'immaculate' football but lose to a lucky moment from the opposition. Thats just how it is, and it doesnt matter how a competition is won.

ReputationRep:
    Beckham has done a great job. Even if he was doing a bad job and it was time to give it to someone else there are no other suitable candidates.

Terry? The pick of the lot but far too new to the England team, has only got into the team over the last year
    Lampard? Been average for England really, not suitable
    Gerrard? LOL, he has been ****e for England, nothing like he plays domestically.
    Owen? Cant lead a team from attack however good you are imo
    Who else?

Inter losing.

ReputationRep:
    Why Juve probably won't beat Arsenal

1) No Vieira
    2) No Camoranesi
    3) No Zebina
    4) No fans in the stadium
    5) No attacking threat
    6) Arsenal showed you they can whoop your arse at will. You're players are scared
    7) Theirry Henry
    8) 2-0 goal difference. If the Arse score once that'll be thank you and goodnight.
    9) Arsenal are younger, fitter and want it more. They've also got a better mentality than Juve. You can guarantee Reyes won't be blowing kisses to the fans and smiling all the way down the tunnel if he gets sent off in Turin.
    10) God is an Englishman

ReputationRep:
    Inter are overrated and every year touted as "one of the favourites." God knows why when they havent won anything in ages.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Rusty? We've not been lower than 2nd all season...yes all season. We just about deserve to go up plus we've been waiting far too long.

Colin will get barracking in whatever division so does it really matter. At least he aint boring like most premiership managers. Can't wait for Jose v Warnock.

Gem

Has to be between Terry and Gerrard. Have got to say though, Gerrard turned into some sort of **** off green, bare-chested Hulk when given captaincy for Liverpool. It could give him the same impetus to perform here (though in honesty I'd prefer his attentions were squarely on Liverpool).

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.