Stadium of Light
St James' Park
Old Trafford
Pittodrie

also
Dragao
Da Luz
Reply 941
3m a year swedish sven cannot manage to lead the english team to glory agasint northern ireland
Reply 942
I don't know whether to laugh :biggrin: or cry :bawling:.

Im gonna laugh, declare that my scottish half is the one i truly love and support English cricket instead.
Reply 943
england should have hired a manger with a good track record.

sven did manage good teams but without any trophies.

why the hell did the FA hire Sven ?

shame Guus Hiddink went to Australia.

My money is on Aussies
Reply 944
Guus Hiddink was a huuugeee coup for the aussies!!! I was stoked when he agreed to coach us. Sven is a decent enough manager, but if england dont win the next 2 games then his managerial career will go down in flames
Reply 945
I will most certainly cry! What a victory, what a night for our wee country. David Healy IS an international striker. The funny thing is that we just didn't fluke the goal, we had several more chances to extend that lead. I just pity whoever is in my flat at Loughborough next year!
Reply 946
TheWolf
It's such a lame pitch =|

Explain yourself! Are you blaming the pitch for England's no show? :rolleyes:
Reply 947
Windsor Park is one of my favourites!
Reply 948
He's not. We discussed it ourselves. We know England played pants.

But there's no denying the pitch was pretty narrow.

Nevertheless, it's inexcusable. England played pants!
Reply 949
Yea England played pants. Playing 5 midfielders on such a narrow pitch is suicidal.
My reaction:

I've never felt this bad since the defeat from France in the final minute and the Brazil match. The Denmark game was a joke, and buy now Sven should be taking friendlies seriously. The more seriously we take every game, the more serious we can be in the qualifiers or the finals.

Why the hell play with our formation like that. It looked awful last night.
Think about it: Gerrard, Beckham, Rooney, Cole, Lampard - players of this stature should be running the show.

I know Sven has only lost 2 games, but he's treating our games like a joke. If we can't be NI, we haven't got the faintest hope of beating anyone else. Mark Lawrenson keeps tipping us to go the whole way, and in theory he is right. But not liek this.

Sack Sven who has no passion and thinks its OK to let the british press intrude in his life with the constant playing around. We need an english manager with heart. Heart goes a long way; more than any IMO.

I still think Bobby Robson is up for the job. Who the hell else can get the players feeling love for England?

Curbishly: Too tactical and no heart
Alladyce: Great manager - can he cut it as England manager though?
Steve McLaren - my fav afer Bobby (although lack of experience at the highest level. But same can be said for the rest of them.
Reply 951
Is there a chance we might not qualify at all, and not even make it to the next stage?

That would most certainly provide a well needed kick up the rear,
Reply 952
Spider
Is there a chance we might not qualify at all, and not even make it to the next stage?

That would most certainly provide a well needed kick up the rear,

We're guaranteed second place, which at best is am automatic place (the two best second place finishes qualify) at worst it's a play off place. Looking at which other "big" footballing nations are struggling in their groups, i wouldn't want a play off
Reply 953
why did he play rooney down the wing? I'm not manager... and I'm sure he has his reasons... but I'd like to know!!! :smile:
Reply 954
Wayne Rooney needs to be smacked in the face, he's rude and a thug,
I don't like David Beckham but he's the captain, and the way Rooney was pushing him away and swearing in his face is appaling, he needs a serious kick up the arse.

Sven got it all wrong, Wright-Phillips was the best player on the pitch and he took him off, And Joe Cole should have started, but...it's been and gone,
Ireland deserved it, lets just look to the next game...
(I'd rather watch Watford anyway)
Reply 955
mockel
He's not. We discussed it ourselves. We know England played pants.

But there's no denying the pitch was pretty narrow.

Nevertheless, it's inexcusable. England played pants!

It's all we've got I'm afraid until we get our new stadium. It's home to Linfield, in the Irish Premier League, so that's why it's in a bad state. They've no need for huge stands, as their average crowd would be between 2-3000.
Reply 956
Stadium of Light
the old Wembley
Carrow Road
Sixfields
St James' Park
Reply 957
Assuming Martin O'Neill still wants to stay out of the game for a while, the only manager I would say yes to replacing Sven is Alan Curbishley but he has no European experience.

Like him or hate him, Sven is here to stay I'm afraid.
walshie

I still think Bobby Robson is up for the job. Who the hell else can get the players feeling love for England?

Curbishly: Too tactical and no heart
Alladyce: Great manager - can he cut it as England manager though?
Steve McLaren - my fav afer Bobby (although lack of experience at the highest level. But same can be said for the rest of them.

What about Terry Venables? He's getting a bit old now, but at least he cares about English football.
Reply 959
opiache
What about Terry Venables? He's getting a bit old now, but at least he cares about English football.

Jesus, and Sven doesn't? He wants England to lose? Just because you run down the touchline like a madman every time someone has a shot on goal doesn't make a good manager.

Terry Venables? Are you actually serious?!?! :confused:

Latest