Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    You were totally outclassed and you will be again. Del Pierro is totally overrated so I can't see much help coming from him. Arsenal play great football and they need this trophy - Juve will have to totally change the way they play to get something out of this tie.

And as for someone saying that United were the most hated team in the 90's - maybe by fans of other clubs - but united were and still are the most widely supported English football team.

I do hope Arsenal go all the way, just because it proves how strong English football is.
    i think the guy admitted juve were totally outplayed. Del Piero is not overrated - he's been brilliant this season and he is one player who can make things happen. Doubt he'll be fit enough to start though - he did some light training yesterday but Capello is not too hopeful. Juve have to change, but i still dont think Capello will change - he is not adventurous enough. His tactics are outdated just like Trappatoni.

I think most people realise that EPL, serie A and La liga are probably the top 3 leagues in the world, and there is not much to separate them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zooropa)
    So your fans are fairweather?

Inter get big gates, even when they play "******" teams. Why don't you?

http://www.european-football-statist...nt/aveita.htm\

Your highest gate this season is only 33,000!! And you're top of the league!! Juve may have tradition but also have piss poor support.
    juventus fun are not from Turin!!! would u get a flights every sunday for watch ur team!??33.000 people do but u cant expect it everysunday for every match...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    Good one. Now get back to your bowl of spaghetti and Pavarotti CD, Lorenzo.
    my god, your ignorance is just pathetic. Have you even seen him play?

resorting to crappy little stereotypes wont make you right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    Can someone explain to me how Luca Toni has scored so many goals?!
    Jorgensen or Fiore cross Toni header gol as simple as that! he is a very good player...

ReputationRep:
    You were totally outclassed and you will be again. Del Pierro is totally overrated so I can't see much help coming from him. Arsenal play great football and they need this trophy - Juve will have to totally change the way they play to get something out of this tie.

And as for someone saying that United were the most hated team in the 90's - maybe by fans of other clubs - but united were and still are the most widely supported English football team.

I do hope Arsenal go all the way, just because it proves how strong English football is.
    very strong...as ur national team shows all the time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seraf)
    Jorgensen or Fiore cross Toni header gol as simple as that! he is a very good player...
    yeh Fiore is one awesome player - should be recalled to NT team instead of Camoranesi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    i think the guy admitted juve were totally outplayed. Del Piero is not overrated - he's been brilliant this season and he is one player who can make things happen. Doubt he'll be fit enough to start though - he did some light training yesterday but Capello is not too hopeful. Juve have to change, but i still dont think Capello will change - he is not adventurous enough. His tactics are outdated just like Trappatoni.

I think most people realise that EPL, serie A and La liga are probably the top 3 leagues in the world, and there is not much to separate them.
    I'm afraid we will have to disagree on the Del Piero one. He has never lived up to his "potential" and he is easily taken out of the game with the right tactics.

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid we will have to disagree on the Del Piero one. He has never lived up to his "potential" and he is easily taken out of the game with the right tactics.
    i admit del piero has never been the same since his injury. But this season Del Piero has returned to something like the form of the 97/98 season, any Juve will tell you this. At the beginning of the season, he was nowhere near the NT, no he is a near certainty to go to Germany.

ReputationRep:
    yeh Fiore is one awesome player - should be recalled to NT team instead of Camoranesi.
    Oh come on Fiore is good but Camoranesi is much better...he is a great wing dunno why he lost his mind agaisnt arsenal its was very bad of him!
    Its strange how Camo and Zebina are the two players that will probably leave turin in June...Juve already signed Marchionni and for Zebina well he can go wherever he wants...he is just a ****!

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on Fiore is good but Camoranesi is much better...he is a great wing dunno why he lost his mind agaisnt arsenal its was very bad of him!
    Its strange how Camo and Zebina are the two players that will probably leave turin in June...Juve already signed Marchionni and for Zebina well he can go wherever he wants...he is just a ****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seraf)
    Fiore is a proven player with the Azzurri (camo flopped big time at euro 04)and he has been so many assists to Toni this season - his link up with him could be useful to Italy. He should at least go as a sub instead of Diana. Camoranesi was good last season but this season he has been rather erratic. Fiore is a much better passer of the ball and is always likely to nick a goal.

ReputationRep:
    i admit del piero has never been the same since his injury. But this season Del Piero has returned to something like the form of the 97/98 season, any Juve will tell you this. At the beginning of the season, he was nowhere near the NT, no he is a near certainty to go to Germany.
    Alex needs to play on the second half he is not as fit as he was before the injury, Capello saved him...but then he is always a top class player!

ReputationRep:
    Fiore is a proven player with the Azzurri (camo flopped big time at euro 04)and he has been so many assists to Toni this season - his link up with him could be useful to Italy. He should at least go as a sub instead of Diana. Camoranesi was good last season but this season he has been rather erratic. Fiore is a much better passer of the ball and is always likely to nick a goal.
    The problem is that Italy needs a proper wing Fiore is not...he used to play in the middle and he doesnt cover as Camo does....Mauro is much better as a wing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seraf)
    The problem is that Italy needs a proper wing Fiore is not...he used to play in the middle and he doesnt cover as Camo does....Mauro is much better as a wing!
    yeh i'd probably agree with this. Considering italy dont have many wingers, camoranesi providing width is important. His work rate is probably quite important. Attacking wise i think Fiore is better, but i suppose from a tactical point of view he is not ideal since he doesnt track back and italy's midfield would become too narrow. Though Fiore should at least be on the bench instead of Diana - he would be good to bring on as a sub.

ReputationRep:
    yeh i'd probably agree with this. Considering italy dont have many wingers, camoranesi providing width is important. His work rate is probably quite important. Attacking wise i think Fiore is better, but i suppose from a tactical point of view he is not ideal since he doesnt track back and italy's midfield would become too narrow. Though Fiore should at least be on the bench instead of Diana - he would be good to bring on as a sub.
    Ye i know but Diana could be also used as a right back thats why Lippi insist so much with him...Zaccardo is not that great is still young and as poor international exp!Hopefully Lippi won't take Vieri and bring Cassano or Inzaghi(which i deeply dont like) or Lucarelli!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seraf)
    Ye i know but Diana could be also used as a right back thats why Lippi insist so much with him...Zaccardo is not that great is still young and as poor international exp!Hopefully Lippi won't take Vieri and bring Cassano or Inzaghi(which i deeply dont like) or Lucarelli!
    Italy has so many who can play RB. Zambrotta, Oddo, Zaccardo, Panucci (though i suppose he wont go because of his fallout with Lippi). Fiore is the type of player who can make an impact as a sub - he must go, though i doubt he will.

Agree about Vieri - once a great player, but now he is terrible - cant even get a shot on target, can't even run more than 5 metres for that matter! Inzaghi and Lucarelli are good and playing well, but Cassano needs more playing time.

Scholes is a decent bloke and a class player....he'll be back soon...not season though!

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see loads of pro Leeds feeling on this thread. O, and noone deserves anything until after having played 46 games. It's not over till its over, I still tip Watford to finish 2nd. Tonight's game is crucial...but then they all are now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    LOL, people seem to forgot Englands record under Beckham as captain. People seem to forget that we have only lost 3 games in normal time under his leadership.
    By going on that logic, give it to crouch. Weve won all 3 when crouch has played.

bookies in this country will always be biased towards english teams. Same in italy, same in spain.
    Well people like to bet on their own teams, it's their way of minimising damage if Arsenal did win because now everyones gonna bet on them.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.