Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Chelsea are a bunch of diving sods, and you dont deserve anything
    We've been through that before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Chelsea are a bunch of diving sods, and you dont deserve anything
    Now now boys

Come and support a very average, bottom half of table championship side, with a crap chairmen and crap players. And which game do we have to look forward to tomorrow? Cardiff City.

Fun Fun, at least there may be riots!

ReputationRep:
    How I miss a spiffin' riot with Leeds. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    THE BBC's World Cup plans were thrown into chaos last night when star analyst Graeme Le Saux quit in a bitter bust-up over broken promises
    haha what a joke. With le saux he never gives any original opinion and says the obvious. The same applies with jamie redknapp although it maybe that these two have both left their careers recently so they wouldn't be too critical of players and teams. At least with lawro he gives his own outspoken opinion.

And they could now lose Le Saux to either Sky or ITV.

lol...is there really such a poor supply of pundits around

ReputationRep:
    tonights match at palace made a fool of the premiership clubs with the lively and vocal support from the crowd. Plus the football was positive with both teams on the attack

ReputationRep:
    I think Saints still have an outside chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl1982)
    ha the new budweiser advert for the world cup is class, now tthats the offside rule who doesn't understand. On another note don't think it will be long before Villa end up in the championship we are in a right state, the worst its been since the Ron Atkinson days and even before then when we were last relegated.
    Take comfort from the fact you are not in as bad a state as Birmingham All that money spent, a non-existent defence and relegation staring you in the face.

ReputationRep:
    I think next year the Premiership will be a closely-fought thing between Man U & Chelsea. Arsenal and Liverpool will also be close behind.

Man U, Arse & Liverpool have all shown a lot of improvement lately (Arsenal have had a 'bad' season but I reckon it's just a matter of time before they become great again especially with all those young players).

If Pompey can stay up I really think we'll have a relatively safe season.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^I doubt it much that there will be a credible title challenge from man utd next season. Considering chelsea will be splashing again in the summer and with ballack most likely on his way you just can't compete with that sort of squad unless of course you have bottomless pockets.

The thing with football is that there is always so much expectations of great seasons and great games between the top sides ahead but it very rarely turns out so. Added to the fact that football is full of loyal fans you can see why football ltd is such a money maker.

ReputationRep:
    Hope you haven't been reading the Daily Mail.^^

ReputationRep:
    Premiership Football is over hyped, over rated and over priced. I know plenty of fanatic fans who when I invite to play for my sunday league team they never do. Because football fanatics are not football players. Most people are more fans of their clubs than the game itself. I think that is the sad thing.

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    We've been through that before.
    Was just giving you something to rant at

ReputationRep:
    Well our hopes for second look to be dead and buried now, thanks to our defeat this afternoon. I'll let Watford have second place. I will cry if Palace get relegated, I can't stand them.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/4867368.stm

Says it all.

ReputationRep:
    You say the premiership was over in autumn.....yet with 2 more victories United can see themselves four points behind you!

I think this has been a good season, The gap between 1st and 3rd is closer, and there are no unwelcomed guests currently in the top 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    ^^^I doubt it much that there will be a credible title challenge from man utd next season. Considering chelsea will be splashing again in the summer and with ballack most likely on his way you just can't compete with that sort of squad unless of course you have bottomless pockets.

The thing with football is that there is always so much expectations of great seasons and great games between the top sides ahead but it very rarely turns out so. Added to the fact that football is full of loyal fans you can see why football ltd is such a money maker.
    Man Utd have plenty of money too, and I've been getting less and less impressed by Chelsea lately. Obviously it's just speculation (and hope) but I'm sure Chelsea won't find it as easy as they have done this season.

ReputationRep:
    Get the guy who commentates the darts on Sky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    This is will surprise you but I quite like the guy as a pundit/commentator. But then I think he has a contract with Sky. I don't see much of Gillette Soccer Saturday but Phil is usually one of my 'better' ones. Anyway, I hated Rodney Marsh.
    I loved Rodney. He was an idiot but at least he knew it!

ReputationRep:

7 points ahead with 5 games to go. Looks ok to me.

Gem

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.