The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I watch all the clubs who produce better football than Arsenal. So....

....Barcelona

:wink:

Apart from Barca I dont really watch anyone in particular but often flick it on or have it on in background.
mc_watson87
Lets just hope it lasts! :smile:

I wondered if that was the reason why. :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
I wondered if that was the reason why. :rolleyes:

Nah
mc_watson87
No.

But that's an extra yeah? :biggrin:

Good to see Lyon mentioned. Nice to see someone quote from the French league. Surprised no one has mentioned Ajax though.
FK333
my team for the cup if Owen doesn't make it:

Robinson
Nev Terry Ferdinand A. Cole

Becks (cap) Gerrard Carrick J. Cole

Defoe Rooney

Likely subs to make:

Aston/Crouch - Defoe
Lampard - Gerrard, Carrick, Beckham
King - Terry, Ferdinand, Carrick
Lennon - Becks or J. cole

HANG ON! I though you said ENGLAND 11 not SPUDS 11 and a few extras. Stop being so bloody biased.
MichNich
GK: Paul Robinson
DR: Gary Neville
DC: John Terry
DC: Ledley King
DL: Ashley Cole
MR: David Beckham
MC: Steven Gerrard
MC: Owen Hargreaves
MC: Frank Lampard
ML: Joe Cole
ST: Michael Owen

April Fools surely?
NDGAARONDI
But that's an extra yeah? :biggrin:

Good to see Lyon mentioned. Nice to see someone quote from the French league. Surprised no one has mentioned Ajax though.

Well i first tuned in to see how my friend houiller was getting on, and they are actually a quality side.

DC: Rio Ferdinand

FC: Wayne Rooney
FC: Michael Owen

Can you seriously see Sven picking anything else?
MichNich
DC: Ledley King
MC: Owen Hargreaves
ST: Michael Owen

Hang on...OH? Please, if he makes it in the world cup squad never mind the starting XI ill take up hockey as my first sport.
Yeah fans often see how their ex-managers are getting on at other clubs. Thankfully I never looked at Watford when Vialli was in charge. :wink:
NDGAARONDI
Yeah fans often see how their ex-managers are getting on at other clubs. Thankfully I never looked at Watford when Vialli was in charge. :wink:

Watford are quality at the moment! =) My next door neighbour is there assistant manager.
I look out for a few teams results for different reasons but the only team I actually go and watch live when I can is Stockport.

Gem
mc_watson87
Watford are quality at the moment! =) My next door neighbour is there assistant manager.

I know. :biggrin:
If i'm bored one week feeling a little more inspired to go somewhere other than Underhill, or haven't got any tickets for Arsenal; then its Tottenham everytime, wishing them bad fortune every time I'm there :smile:

Sven seems to like it there as well. Its his 2nd home.
I watch Marseille whenever I can, which usually means tuning in about 4 hours on Channel 4, if they're showing a Marseille match. The atmosphere in the Stade Velodrome is absolutely amazing.

That said I will watch any football match if its on telly, but seeing as I only have terrestrial in my room (with no Channel 5), that's rather limited! However, during any Euro/WC tournament, I tend to watch every single game (apart from the rare occasions where I have to do something else), even throughout the first stage with the crappy matches.

Edit: they've moved it forward to about 1am now which is pretty nifty: PSG - Bordeaux tonight. Not too bad a game to watch, Pauleta got a hattrick and they won 3-1. Shame they're not showing Marseille, they won 3-1 as well away at Nantes on Saturday.
Onearmedbandit
I loved Rodney. He was an idiot but at least he knew it!

i remember one of his best quotes from Soccer Saturday on how the table will look at the end of the season mid way through -
Marsh: What I do is take the number of points the teams have, divide it by the no of games played and then multiply that by 38.
Sterling: So using that, no one actually will go up or down a place?
Marsh: Errm, I'll get back to you on that!
Reply 9776
as the premiership comes to a close United are only 7 points behind Chelsea and still yet to play them, do u think they will catch them or not?

it will only take United to beat them and Chelsea to slip up and we are right on their shoulder then (as long as we win)

i think next weekend is the crunch weekend, we have Arsenal and they have a derby with West Ham, they still have to go to Bolton and Newcastle don't forget a long with play us.

i think we will do it just!!!
Despite bein a leeds fan n hatin man U...i gotta say i wudnt be too suprised if united did catch them as theyve done it twice before against arsenal n newcastle i fink :rolleyes: But the extra pressure on chelsea now mite just drive them further n make them more determined to win. I think nxt week is important BUT.. if united win and predictably so do chelsea the ultimate cruncher will me wen Chelsea meet Man U coz tht will be the match as it could dent chelsea's confidence n bring the gap down to 4 points

My VERDICT : Chelsea will be champions :smile:
esx77
Premiership Football is over hyped, over rated and over priced. I know plenty of fanatic fans who when I invite to play for my sunday league team they never do. Because football fanatics are not football players. Most people are more fans of their clubs than the game itself. I think that is the sad thing.

I disagree.
Reply 9779
i seriousyl doubt juve will even win the game let alone go through. They just drew against bottom of the table Treviso, and they didnt rest any of their players.

Latest