Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    In one sense I agree however some folks are not looking for threads already made and are just creating a thread for the sake of it.

I am also aware of duplicate posts and am hoping to stop this.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind break away threads as long as they stick to the subject and do not stray into spam fests.
    I can see where your coming from, but some things i think should be allowed to stay.

Pour Exemple:
    The Arsenal - Juventus thread seemed to still be on subject, was just about to reply to it.

ReputationRep:
    I think the problem comes when we have 3 seperate england threads all discussin who should sven pick. That there is the problem.

the title race is not over yet....however 7 points is a big gap and with only a few games to go i think Chelsea will do it but it will be tight finish.....being a Man Utd supporter i hope we beat them to it....Chelsea have harder away games then us; Newcastle,Blackburn,Bolton.....s hould a be a test of nerves as well as character for Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    It's a minor problem really though. They could just all be merged. As could all duplicate threads that arise. Perhaps a red sticky thread, in the sport section, discussing the need to search for threads of a similar nature first should be made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    It's a minor problem really though. They could just all be merged. As could all duplicate threads that arise. Perhaps a red sticky thread, in the sport section, discussing the need to search for threads of a similar nature first should be made.
    I tried that before the upgrade with an announcement.TBH not a lot of folks read them, I certainly didn't before I was mod.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    I tried that before the upgrade with an announcement.TBH not a lot of folks read them, I certainly didn't before I was mod.
    True. Perhaps everyone uncool and stupid should just be banned from the sports forums :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    True. Perhaps everyone uncool and stupid should just be banned from the sports forums :teeth:
    LOL that means I would have to go then.

I agree with merging some of the stupidly similar threads, but locking related threads which deserve threads of their own (the one regarding choice of captain perhaps most recent) is just slightly draconian, Cinders. Some threads shouldn't be pigeonholed, is all. That said, thanks for tidying and getting rid of the dross.

:love:

ReputationRep:
    i dont think its gonna happen... as much as i wish it does... moanino said it was gonna be all over by the time they play west ham!! ha!

ReputationRep:
    No chance. Chelsea wont lose another 2 games this season and Man united wont keep a 100% record till the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I can't see it happening either. As a United fan i'd obviously love it to happen, but by the time we play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, even if we're only a few points away, beating them is very unlikely. Also, if we don't beat Arsenal on Sunday then the whole thing would be pretty much written off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pig)
    I think the gap may be up to 9 after Sunday.
    pig you never answered my question in the Ask A Mod thing, about what dimensions flag pics need to be. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brigand01)
    The only two teams that paly better football than manchester united are:
    Arsenal
    Barcelona
    Better being what exactly? I'm sure the Premiership standings say something else. If you're going by style, then that is like saying Vialli's Chelsea are better than Manchester United's treble winning side. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ^^^true but lets not forget pearce is just starting off so maybe its too soon to take the big job

what he said about players not being able to look at their kids in the eye after their defeat was pathetic...come on pearce its only a game of footy you nutter

ReputationRep:
    if they were ****e theres no point making excuses and you wouldnt expect pearce to beat around the bush. this is what makes me respect him as a manager even if our (im a man city fan) form in the last month has been terrible.

ReputationRep:
    If there were more Mangers like Pearce, the Premiership would be the better for it.

ReputationRep:
    Lot of respect for Pearce

ReputationRep:
    i think he should stop moaning and manage sunderland for a week

ReputationRep:
    even if we dnt do it id rather we beat Arse n Chelski n lost to Tottenham, then Tottenham myt get the 4th Champs League spot instead of Arse.

n atleast we'l finish infront of Liverpool :p: :p: :p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GOD)
    even if we dnt do it id rather we beat Arse n Chelski n lost to Tottenham, then Tottenham myt get the 4th Champs League spot instead of Arse.

n atleast we'l finish infront of Liverpool :p: :p: :p: :p:
    I don't think there's going to be any great difficulty in beating Liverpool to 2nd place, unless we lose games that we should be winning.

Edit: GOD why don't you change your flag to the Man Utd badge? It's there now

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.