Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    f*** Middlesbrough and f*** Steve Mcf***ingClaren. I don't want that red faced w*** stain as the England manager.

I usually want English teams to win, but Middlesbrough winning just means McClaren will be made England manager over better managers. It a good win for Boro, but the further they get, the closer McClaren comes to taking over our most talented squad in decades. He's a waster of a manager, negative to the end and has got nothing on the other contenders but is leading the race only by virtue that Sven picked him as his assistant. What great advice he must have given over the years. I can just imagine him whispering in Sven's ear on a Sunny afternoon in 2002, 'go on Sven, nows the time to bring young hargreaves on, he can do a job'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gormy)
    huuuge congrats to reading who def deserve to be going up as champions this year

yeh there are some 'fans' who suddenly realised the premiership teams will be coming down here next yera so bought their half season tickets, but theres also many people who have supported the club because of the cluh alone!!

bring on arsenal!!!!
    thanks hehe, as a loyal royals fan I appreciate your comment!!

ReputationRep:
    Soooo....Bad season all round admittedly, how should we build next season, who should we sign in the off season??? I personally think that we should buy an old experienced player like Portsmouth did with Paul Merson a few seasons ago to bring a real leadser to the team.:tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick of this Motty bashing; the man's a legend , a unique voice. Barry Davies had his head up his own arse and was pretentious. Other commentators I like best are; Peter Brackley(used to do football Italia on 4) and Alan Green.

ReputationRep:
    Bad season but still managed to take 6 points off us. :rolleyes: Played well at BL though on boxing day.
    Top 2 next season for you hopefully.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    A strong defender is essential, Davenport was fantastic, and should be looked at for a permanent signing in the summer, why he wasn’t signed in January is madness.

A right back is also important as we've been left open on so many occasions. Even having Fleming covering. :|

What really fecked up the season was the African Nations, I don’t think we realised how influential Safri's really is, and losing Ashton was a sad loss, however we've brought in Earnshaw and I think next season he'll have adapted to the league and Norwich will work for him. A Target man signing will have to be made to get the best out of him, whether this is JJ on permanent or another player is unknown.

Not sure if Worthington should be still here, it's like having a wife for 30 years, we know the relationships dead, but don’t want to split up as we've been together for so long.

ReputationRep:
    As for a leader, What d'ya think of Des Walker?

ReputationRep:
    What is "wrong" with Jamie Carragher? And what excuse do you have that he is not better Terry/Ferdinand?

And no stupid answers like "Omfgg coz hez a scouser init andf Liverpool are Kingss of Europe!!1112" Yes, we know that

What qualities does he not have? Thank you oh bias people.

ReputationRep:
    Also, he's performed with sheer excellence at the highest level, also winning the CL.

And please would you point out for me which game he has not played 10/10 in the last few seasons for Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    Despite the bias you're showing, your basic point is very valid. I would rate Carragher much more highly than Ferdinand and can't understand why he isn't in Sven Goran Erikkson's first eleven (which is the point i think you were trying to make). However, football's like that- not everyone gets the recognition they deserve. Unfortunately, you have to live with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    What is "wrong" with Jamie Carragher?
    Nothing whatsoever. He certainly should partner Terry for England and you can check my posts in case you think I'm winding you up.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Thank you I agree with you totally.

ReputationRep:
    A poor mans Ferdinand/Campbell imo

He has been poor whenever ive seen him in an England shirt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    A poor mans Ferdinand/Campbell imo

He has been poor whenever ive seen him in an England shirt
    Here is a right wing strain of though..Play him in his proper position for more than a half, and not throw him in at left back. And you might see the Player i do every week.
    Secondly, hes not the only underachiver is he?

ReputationRep:
    lol!! Sheringham would b a good bet, every1's grandpappy!!

I agree with the fact that worthy is only being kept really out of thanks for the promotion, but he seems to manage well when he's on a role, so if we sort out the team on the off-season (complete our defence+get earnshaw to get more then 1 touch a game) then he may still be our man

ReputationRep:
    I guess you could complain hes a tad slow.. so carra + terry = bad apprantly..
    but works well for Liverpool, so why not England?
    down with Erikkson!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    What is "wrong" with Jamie Carragher? And what excuse do you have that he is not better Terry/Ferdinand?

And no stupid answers like "Omfgg coz hez a scouser init andf Liverpool are Kingss of Europe!!1112" Yes, we know that

What qualities does he not have? Thank you oh bias people.
    He hasn't been appraised as long as Ferdinand, who has been tipped as world-class since about 1999 (and he's actually proved it), but it's patently obvious that Terry is better. Do you really need any explainations there?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any football academies in West Yorkshire? I've searches on Leeds United's and Huddersfield's sites, but no luck...

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant match. Crap commentary, the guy was screaming when they scored in injury time

ReputationRep:
    Crap commentary, the guy was screaming when they scored in injury time

Let's hope we can go and win the thing now. What are Steuea like as opposition? Beatable?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.