Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Change is refreshing. Just look at the English Premiership.
    ahhh yes :hmmmm2: for a while but nice when things return to NORMAL....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SideView)
    ahhh yes :hmmmm2: for a while but nice when things return to NORMAL....
    Nope, things are quie normal as they are now.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, things are quie normal as they are now.
    if you say so....

:flute:

ReputationRep:
    if you say so....

:flute:
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    Yep.
    okaaaaaay :wtf?:

back on topic... im half scottish

chelsea suck!

ReputationRep:
    back on topic... im half scottish
    And? Are you rather stringent with your money?

chelsea suck!
    And Man Utd don't? :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    how a swedish guy can motivate the english team to win for the nation is beyond me

england, one of the greatest footballing nations, has a swedish manager of the national team - now someone tell me this just goes against everything the english team is around for

ok smaller nations having foreign managers is quite acceptable because of the lack of candidates, but for england it is absolute rubbish. and he is on 3m a year - not bad for a couple of friendlies and competitive matches a year - esp when his assistant is doing all the shouting on the touchline. FA must regret giving him a contract til 2008 - esp when they have to sort out a nice little compensation sum for him when he's sacked

ReputationRep:
    And? Are you rather stringent with your money?
    actually no... im only HALF scottish

ReputationRep:
    ^ Welcome!!!!!!!!!

Reading's ground is the Madjeski stadium!

I'm good..going to Sheff Hallam on the 18th!

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Interesting scoreline, but England fans had to have seen it coming. And N.Ireland, the team I labelled as a 'hopeless case' not so long ago have conjured up 2 wins in a row - football is a funny game...(Yorkie Advert:MAN - Football is a funny game, but how funny is it? WOMAN - hilarious MAN - wrong, the answer is 'very funny'....."YORKIE IS NOT FOR GIRLS"....funny adverts I think) Everyone by now knows that Sven is not the man for the job apart from the FA, and the players, in particular Beckham. As a gooner, I would like to say fantastic goal for Henry - he has had a barren spell for France but it was truly majestic like the man himself. Fantastic scoreline for Scotland, on a roll or what? Republic of Ireland unlucky. Wales, well they were beaten by a penalty - Poland are a class side though, I love to watch them. I would like to end on a sad note, I have not yet to see Ibrahimovic's goal for Sweden, but I heard it was swell.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Yeah...I bought the purple and yellow one and the later purple and gold one!

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meh...joel)
    oh and i say stuart pearce for manager, full of passion and doing well at city
    geez Meh, I have been saying that all along! the Psycho is fab! He would be great for England, and I am sure the fans would love to see a manager as passionate, if not more passionate than them about England. <sigh>

ReputationRep:
    Hey Gem, didn't realise there was another UTD fan on here! hehe at hillsborough-pigs, thing. Well wednesday fans always say, your colours are red and white, and red and white together is pink, and pink is the colour of a pig? I mean it is pretty logical, wednesday fans are quite clever methinks. Well....it is embarassing, but I have only ever been to Brammal lane and Hillsborough to watch a footie match...but my excuse is, I support Arsenal, I live in Sheffield, I am too poor to commute, I will be too poor to watch them even when I live in London...and I....do well by watching Sky, and if you are going to ask how I contribute to Arsenal FC, well I buy the shirts.... . i visited camp nou the other weekend, absoloutly brilliant, magnificent....it was like the day after juventus had played there, and I went into their changing rooms and I kept thinking, 'Ibrahimovic showered here yesterday'...it was an exhilarating thought at the very least

ReputationRep:
    But passion doesn't win you games as a manager, and Sven doesn't have a bad record, when he came to manage england we had got 1 point from 2 games and had just lost the last game at wembley under an english manager (does it even matter what nationality the manager is). From there we have qualified for every competition since and only lost to Brazil, France, Portugal, and this not so important game against N. Ireland, we can still qualify automatically with two wins, or through the play offs if somehow we lose both games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi4Zlatan)
    Hey Gem, didn't realise there was another UTD fan on here! hehe at hillsborough-pigs, thing. Well wednesday fans always say, your colours are red and white, and red and white together is pink, and pink is the colour of a pig? I mean it is pretty logical, wednesday fans are quite clever methinks. Well....it is embarassing, but I have only ever been to Brammal lane and Hillsborough to watch a footie match...but my excuse is, I support Arsenal, I live in Sheffield, I am too poor to commute, I will be too poor to watch them even when I live in London...and I....do well by watching Sky, and if you are going to ask how I contribute to Arsenal FC, well I buy the shirts.... . i visited camp nou the other weekend, absoloutly brilliant, magnificent....it was like the day after juventus had played there, and I went into their changing rooms and I kept thinking, 'Ibrahimovic showered here yesterday'...it was an exhilarating thought at the very least
    I don't post on here often though.
    Not liked Arsenal since Arsenal knocked us out of cup in 2003 at OT and then on penalties last season.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    the best stadium in the uk and ireland is without a doubt croke park in dublin. Its just 10 mins walk from the city centre if that, as opposed to wembleys isolation.

croke park

you may never of heard of it but it is amazing, can hold up to 80,000 and the atmosphere is fantastic - better than any cup final. There is also a terrace stand purposely to add to the atmosphere. At least with irish sports, the counties are represented by players FROM the county which makes it all the more passionate. Plus players are not paid but for expenses - GAA sport sets an example for the rest!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Gem, it is important to get over things like that. I mean, I have gotten over the fact Liverpool took all three points of us last season with a lucky Mellor strike in the last minute of the game - 3 points well needed to keep up with Chelski. Now I become a red whenever they play....in Europe that is (and when they play Chelsea lol)

ReputationRep:
    ^ I'm still bitter because of the fact we were cheated at Old Trafford with a certain referee. Not bothered about penalties...we didn't deserve to win despite doing so well whereas we deserved to go into extra time at Old Trafford.

I'm not a bad loser and will admit when we play bad and don't deserve to win...that is infact the only match that annoys me still!

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Pearce has been in management 6 months, no thanks.

ReputationRep:
    lol, so you would prefer Sven? At least the Psycho seems to know what he is doing, albeit managing England will be a totally different ball game.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.