Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    No need for it to have been separated IMO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Aye!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    So you are kay with Football taking over the whole of the Sports forum or would you rather I delete threads and direct them to the UFT??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    That would've been funny. Maybe they could have swapped over and managed eachother's teams for the day. Although it would be a rubbish game to watch. Although, Lawrie Sanchez is Northern Irish (at least he played for them. That's not necessarily proof of nationality). So it would've been two Northern Irish managers against eachother
    Yes but players can play for more than one team. Look at Owen Hargraves. And I myself, if were at the competent level, may be able to play for Wales as well as England, not so sure about Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    Many footballers can play for more than one national side so I was wondering, how many of you could play for a national side other than England and if so who is it/what are they?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say Poland are a class team, but they are getting there. The team they have now is certainly the strongest ever, imo. It'll be interesting to see how far they get. I still reckon they will get knocked out in the first round, though. Which would be a shame; being half Polish myself I'd love to see them get further!

ReputationRep:
    Most games only go on sale to One United members (club membership scheme, £26 for the season which gets you other benefits too), with the odd exception (mostly lesser cup games, CL qualifiers) that goes on general sale (eg the Benfica game coming up on the 27th). Tickets are £5 cheaper for members (range from £21 to £36, half price for under 16/OAP's), and fairly easy to get if you are one, except for the bigger games (City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea) as more people apply for those. Any more q's just ask/PM and i'll try and help (I'm a One United member)

ReputationRep:
    I don't follow football, but how can you people want him to leave, he's like the best manager you ever had

Feynman.

i aggree, sven has been a great manager, but unfortunately recently he has had too much bad publicity and has also had a bit of bad luck with the running of the england team, i think tis more to do with the team not playing as a team, but as individuals, but then again that could be put down the to managing skills, i personally like sven, he has done a good job managing england, and i feel sir bobby robson should get the opertunity to run the team, i am sure he would do a great job with them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    Well what ya think?
    It's good. I like it.

ReputationRep:
    yep im a one united member too...first season of membership for me...lemme kno if u need any help...

ReputationRep:
    Bex Tait has got it right-you will usually find getting tickets for midweek matches easier than weekend, and also matches like European qualification and early rounds of FA Cup. Premiership games are notoriously difficult to get. The opening of the filled in quadrants pushing capacity up to 75,000 should also help. But you must be a One United member and I think the club were talking about limiting the number of members this year. Place to find out details of membership is the club website.

ReputationRep:
    shouldn't this be in football? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yes and there is already a thread on it.

If Terry Venables and Glen Hoddle got the sack than Sven certainy should and it's not just the activity on the pitch which concerns me.

ReputationRep:
    that just means the rest were super crap!

ReputationRep:
    The manager is only PICKING the teams, he isnt playing, or he isnt the one that has to score goals, at the end of the day the team need to adjust to the formation, the squad and then play with it to their advantage, not complain about the manager, as far as I am concerned its the team that needs to win the games, whilst the manager learns from his mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Yes but players can play for more than one team. Look at Owen Hargraves. And I myself, if were at the competent level, may be able to play for Wales as well as England, not so sure about Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland.
    and look at the Republic of Ireland team from the early nineties. He might only have a very weak link to N. Ireland to play for them (one NIR grandparent or summit)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Many footballers can play for more than one national side so I was wondering, how many of you could play for a national side other than England and if so who is it/what are they?
    Wales, England, or Malta!

ReputationRep:
    In a dream World the rankings would be thus:

Hearts
    Hibs
    Aberdeen
    Inverness
    Falkirk
    Kilmarnock
    Dundee Utd
    Motherwell
    Livingston
    Dunfermline
    Celtic
    Rangers

In reality Celtic and rangers will certainly be top 3 but Hearts, barring a titanic dip in form, should challenge them all the way for the top spot. Heres hoping.

ReputationRep:
    Lawrie Sanchez is my grandfather, so i can play for N Ireland.
    (as you might hav guessed, that's not really true)
    What are the rules regarding eligibility? Are you only eligible thru grandparents and your own country of birth?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.