The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

England (birth, residence),
Turkey (Grandparents),
Cyprus (Mother/Grandparents).

It would be a tough choice between England and Turkey for me I think.
^ I'm going down to Vicarage Road on saturday! :biggrin:

Gem
Reply 1182
I think Lisbie is probably in the same mold as Leon Macenzie (isn't he injured now?), he's been at Charlton for years but never seems to get a chance!
The FA Cup
Second Round Qualifying
Saturday 24 September 2005
Winning clubs receive £3,750

Consett

v

Ossett Town

Billingham Synthonia

v

North Ferriby United

Blyth Spartans

v

Prescot Cables

Armthorpe Welfare

v

Rossendale United or Billingham Town

Dunston FB

v

Thornaby

Trafford

v

Whitby Town

Harrogate Town

v

Great Harwood Town

Chester-Le-Street Town

v

Leigh RMI

Marine

v

Cammell Laird

Worksop Town

v

Witton Albion

Skelmersdale United

v

Chorley or Bishop Auckland

Hyde United

v

Lancaster City

St Helens Town or Northallerton Town

v

Alfreton Town

Vauxhall Motors

v

Ramsbottom United

Barrow

v

Hebburn Town

Farsley Celtic

v

Bradford (Park Avenue) or Padiham

Gainsborough Trinity

v

Goole

Frickley Athletic

v

Northwich Victoria

Droylsden

v

Burscough

Salford City

v

Gateshead

Stalybridge Celtic

v

Workington

Bromsgrove Rovers

v

Hinckley United

Leamington

v

Oadby Town or Oldbury United

Chasetown

v

Belper Town

Brackley Town

v

Banbury United

Eastwood Town

v

Cambridge City

Nuneaton Borough

v

AFC Telford United or Rugby Town

Matlock Town

v

Corby Town

Glapwell

v

Halesowen Town

Redditch United

v

Woodford United

Willenhall Town or Malvern Town

v

Histon

Hednesford Town

v

Moor Green

Leek Town

v

Grantham Town

Kettering Town

v

Stafford Rangers

Cogenhoe United

v

Staveley MW

Bedworth United or Solihull Borough

v

Ilkeston Town

Nantwich Town

v

Hucknall Town

Thurrock

v

Ipswich Wanderers or Hemel Hempstead Town

Bury Town or Boreham Wood

v

Welling United

Wivenhoe Town

v

Heybridge Swifts

Bognor Regis Town

v

Basingstoke Town

Yeading

v

Maidenhead United

Hendon

v

Metropolitan Police

AFC Hornchurch

v

Worthing

Burnham

v

Lowestoft Town

Bromley

v

Chipstead

Staines Town or Dunstable Town

v

Croydon

Ruislip Manor or Redbridge

v

Eastbourne Borough

Deal Town

v

Hitchin Town

Chelmsford City or Harlow Town

v

Dover Athletic

AFC Wimbledon or Ashford Town (Middx)

v

Walton & Hersham

Cray Wanderers

v

Camberley Town

Leyton

v

Lewes

St Margaretsbury or Billericay Town

v

Folkestone Invicta

Braintree Town

v

Didcot Town or Herne Bay

Brentwood Town

v

Windsor & Eton

Wroxham

v

Slough Town

Fisher Athletic

v

Hastings United or Tonbridge Angels

Northwood

v

Aylesbury United

Margate

v

Carshalton Athletic

Hayes

v

Brook House

Welwyn Garden City

v

Bedford Town or AFC Sudbury

Hassocks

v

Abingdon United or Dulwich Hamlet

Ramsgate

v

Southall

Farnborough Town

v

Berkhamsted Town

Enfield Town

v

St Albans City

Sutton United

v

Maldon Town

Banstead Athletic

v

Stanway Rovers or Wealdstone

Harrow Borough

v

Burnham Ramblers

Hampton & Richmond Borough

v

Leatherhead

Fleet Town

v

Bishop's Stortford

Highworth Town

v

Tiverton Town or Evesham United

Yate Town

v

Clevedon Town or Salisbury City

Gloucester City or Christchurch

v

Cirencester Town

Worcester City

v

Bemerton Heath Harlequins

Taunton Town

v

Merthyr Tydfil

Gosport Borough

v

Bath City

Bournemouth or Mangotsfield United

v

Swindon Supermarine

Bishop's Cleeve

v

Liskeard Athletic or Bitton

Dorchester Town

v

Team Bath

Weston Super Mare

v

Weymouth

Chippenham Town

v

Newport County

AFC Totton

v

Paulton Rovers

Eastleigh

v

Havant & Waterlooville

we beat Northampton Spencer 2-1 away from home in the last round a nd now face a difficult trip to Northwood in the next round. The report is taken from the FA website, despite calling us an Oxfordshire side, and also mentioning that we are 'rivals'. I'd say the report is about right.

Northampton Spencer 1-2 Aylesbury United
The FA Cup First Round Qualifying
10 September 2005
Kingsthorpe Mill, Studland Road
£2,250 to the winning club

The 'Ducks' are quacking again after starting their FA Cup campaign with a victory.

It is ten years since Aylesbury United achieved their best ever FA Cup campaign, by reaching the third round where they eventually lost to Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road.

That year the team's unusual 'duck walk' goal celebrations and the duck call hooters used by their fans made them famous. Now they are looking for another thrilling Cup run.

United’s first outing in this year’s competition, a visit to the Mill, and a victory at local rivals Northampton Spencer will raise hopes that the Oxfordshire side can once again make an impact in the competition.

Despite a brave effort from Spencer, United were able to assert their greater league superiority by running out 2-1 winners with goals from Paul Edgeworth and substitute Scott McCafferty. Tom O’Brien replied for Spencer.

United boss Danny Nicholls savoured the victory - and wants another quack at the big boys!

He said: "The win was deserved. I’ve got ambition to go as far as we can in The FA Cup and get some much needed money into a club of our stature."

All the passion, the intensity and the sense of occasion that is The FA Cup was in evidence, the fixture played at a high tempo.

Spencer should have scored as early as the seventh minute when Darren Frost just failed to connect with Scott Coleman’s pinpoint cross from the right.

A minute later, United were denied by defender Pete Gregory heading Roni Joe’s header off the line as Spencer keeper Oliver Urquhart was beaten.

United went close again on seventeen minutes when Matt Hayward crafted a neat shot from the edge of the area which Urquhart did well to tip over his bar.

But the deadlock was broken six minutes before the break in a move that cut through the Spencer defence. Joe fed Drew Roberts though the middle who found a willing Edgeworth. He took his chance superbly, rifling in off the underside of the bar.

Spencer drew level three minutes after the re-start, when an un-marked O’Brien headed in Frost’s cross at the near post. But United restored their lead ten minutes later through a swift move when Roberts fed McCafferty on the left.

With only Urquhart to beat McCafferty remained composed as he despatched his effort clinically past the stranded keeper.
could someone move this to the Football Forum?

just realised my schoolboy error
The match on Saturaday is the penultimate match i can see before i go to uni for freshers week, so sorry mate but the luck has to be with me!!!

Only jokin, i'd settle for a draw!
I was born i Germany so i'm eligible for that (according to the above set of rules), and i think i'd choose them over England... i mean come on, Michael Ballack or Owen Hargreaves?
Any Luton kit, i makes me sick just to look at them!
^It's my last away match until erm...Reading in October.
I'd settle for a draw. :wink:

Gem
They are really difficult to get. Luckily my stepdad does some business with some bloke who has a fair few season tickets at United so we get to go to a few games a season!
Reply 1191
I could've got one from the start of this season as United released 2500 of them to members that met the criteria, which I did. There was just no way that I'd have been able to afford it :frown:
Reply 1192
Come on the Aylesbury !
ciderpeter

Got tickets for Old Trafford on the 24th, and i am going to the breezeblock (Reebok) today, for the Bolton v Blackburn match!

lol that match was pretty dry wasn't it! Gem, I'm a girl too! I am going to be behind Bolton in the Uefa cup, can't wait. I think they will do well. Premiership teams expect the threat they are from set pieces, but european teams may not be as clued up! I passed Wembley stadium just yesterday. Looking good, can't wait to watch Arsenal in the FA Cup final there at the end of this season :biggrin:
Bury won the FA up twice in a row ! ( I think) Nothing since but still a good achievment)

But where was the first FA cup final held?
The game wasn't brilliant to watch on telly but it was pretty entertaining for a 0-0 draw watching it live... the atmosphere was awesome.... on television the ground looked empty at the Blackburn end but we were not given the bottom tier - we did fill the top tier and the nosie was excellent! Could hear us pretty much for the whole match - proud to be a Rover with support like that!

Hopefully the Newcastle game will bring a few more goals - Shearer will get a warm recpetion, lots of cheers and chants for him on his possibly last playing match at Ewood!
If you want tickets for Man UTD support a different team! Blackburn are always a good choice, guaranteed to see Man UTD twice more than most Man u fans in a season. :wink:
Chi4Zlatan
lol that match was pretty dry wasn't it! Gem, I'm a girl too! I am going to be behind Bolton in the Uefa cup, can't wait. I think they will do well. Premiership teams expect the threat they are from set pieces, but european teams may not be as clued up! I passed Wembley stadium just yesterday. Looking good, can't wait to watch Arsenal in the FA Cup final there at the end of this season :biggrin:

Good stuff. Wasn't directing it at you anyway, just making a point.

Gem
ciderpeter
That is correct! Not a bad football knowledge considering your a girl. :tongue: It is the mighty Blackburn!

Hey! I know quite a bit but its not that much of a shock! :biggrin:

Gem
Reply 1199
fr_browne
Bury won the FA up twice in a row ! ( I think) Nothing since but still a good achievment)

But where was the first FA cup final held?

Kennington Oval back in 1871 I think the year was.

Latest