Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    I can hardly comment about supporting your local team.. i live in bristol and support Blackburn... but at least i am not an arm chair fan or one of those man utd fans who never goto a match.. i have a season ticket and goto as many away games as possible (sunderland and middlesboro are a bit too far for my liking!) so being a non local fan isnt always a bad thing....i wouldnt like to be associated with the fans we are describing....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I mention Salford and someone posts straight after with the username Salfordite. :rolleyes:
    Un Canny isn't it?

(Original post by ciderpeter)
    I bet if you did a census of Man UTD fans, the most common reason for supporting them would be "because my dad supports them" or "because my dad was born there".... that is the reason they all give... i call them glory supporters.
    Irrelevant to Man U, but speaking of glory hunters, there's this guy I know who never really supported Chelsea, but the other day I saw his car and all I could see was "2004/2005 Winners" stickers all over his car. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    I bet if you did a census of Man UTD fans, the most common reason for supporting them would be "because my dad supports them" or "because my dad was born there".... that is the reason they all give... i call them glory supporters.
    You talk about utd fans as if they're ALL glory hunters. Well, you clearly don't know much about football. A couple of years ago, Arsenal used to struggle to even fill Highbury, until they emerged as a potential rivals to Utd and Chelsea/Liverpool. Having said that, I can probably assure you that about 1/3 of Chelsea fans are glory hunters....take Robbie Williams for an example...or Ant n Dec, who were at a Chelsea game about a month back. Really does annoy me when people like you talk crap!

ReputationRep:
    I never said they were all glory hunters... but as has been said, they are all over the world and there must be a reason why so many people support them over their own teams, and that surely has to be because they won a lot of trophies.... i wouldnt say fact is talking crap. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I had somewhere the results of a questionnaire given out to people at OT on a match day, asking about improvements to the ground which also included info on where people were from. Unsurprisingly most were from Manchester and many more from the North West.

One good thing that has come from us not winning much recently is that a lot of the GH have gone to Chelski which suits me fine.

ReputationRep:
    It annoys me when people say United fans are glory hunters. I for one am not and haven't people got anything better to do than **** off
    United and their fans.

ReputationRep:
    That's cool.

ReputationRep:
    champions league all the way

ReputationRep:
    The mighty Reading continued their march to the premiership with a 3-2 win over C.Palace tonight. Any other Reading fans on here because i live in Yorkshire and so i don't get to talk to many Reading fans!

ReputationRep:
    Sounded like a great game at Reading!

Blades also won AGAIN....top of the league we're having a laugh.

Millwall did well and beat Wolves...shame Norwich couldn't get a draw at Watford.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Anyone fancy moving this thread to the football forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    It annoys me when people say United fans are glory hunters. I for one am not and haven't people got anything better to do than **** off
    United and their fans.
    Same here, even if you tel lthem you've been a fan since before the early 90's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    Sounded like a great game at Reading!

Blades also won AGAIN....top of the league we're having a laugh.

Millwall did well and beat Wolves...shame Norwich couldn't get a draw at Watford.

Gem
    Yeah i'm a bit surprised by the blades great start but u seem to have brought in some good players so maybe this year is your year (hopefully its ours too). By the way reading have beaten sheff utd away for the last 3 seasons running so beware-we could be your bogey team.
    I don't think watford will keep the form up but they've certainly had a great start too.

ReputationRep:
    What are you on about!?!?! Adrian Boothroyd has gotten such great beleif out of our players, this a new manager and basically a brand new team,

I know Watford players and we feel we can do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranzFan)
    Yeah i'm a bit surprised by the blades great start but u seem to have brought in some good players so maybe this year is your year (hopefully its ours too). By the way reading have beaten sheff utd away for the last 3 seasons running so beware-we could be your bogey team.
    I don't think watford will keep the form up but they've certainly had a great start too.
    I know Reading are our bogey team...I've been at the matches and seen it. Also remember a nice 2-0 win at the Madjeski.

I'm coming down to the Reading match at the start of October.

Anyway....anything can happen in this league.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Keith Gillespie Loyal!

ReputationRep:
    yay! I'm well excited for this match...not only is it the first one I've had chance to go to this season (I know, I know, crap supporter and all that, but I've been on holiday and had to help out at a charity day on the bolton match - just 5 MINS away from the Reebok - got caught up in the football traffic and EVERYTHING! :mad: ) ...but we have Owens first away game, and the return of Souness! What's everyones predictions for this match? I would love to know how u think Blackburn are playin this season... I have had nothing to go off apart from scorelines, and they show nothing...at least, thats what I keep telling myself looking at the shocking state of them!

ReputationRep:
    David Beckhams new position in the mid field is causing problem for frank and steven to play as they used to.
    Should beckham be dropped if he does not play up to the class and allow players like wright-phillips some chance?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I do think he should be dropped to allow for young talent.. it will def help players like wright - phillips to boost his international career (sp??)
    Beckham has had his glory days

ReputationRep:
    I have watched Beckham play in 4 major international tournaments and I can't ever remember him having a good game, apart from maybe against Columbia in '98. He doesn't hold his position on the right and leaves the full back exposed, his long range passing looks great but it is easy to read and is not really that effective. Give the armband to Steven Gerard or Terry, get Beckham holding the line on the right and get him doing what he was the best at, crossing the ball. If he can't play on the line then yes definitely play Sean WP.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.