Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    darth, FA cup i think it was, or was that his volley from the edge of the box, not entirely sure.

For me, that I can remember, it has to be Barcalona 26th May 1999.

Probably a greater comeback than Liverpools as we actually won it without extra time and penalties, and it was in the dying seconds of the game that we won it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    You mean the 1st one we won, or the 2nd? Perhaps the 3rd... or maybe the 4th one? Oh right, you mean the 5th time we won it...!

:dancing:
    All of the above I do have a soft spot for Liverpool, I must say. And we're getting a friendly against you next pre-season as part of the Jack Hobbs transfer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Book-worm)
    Whats yours?
    Tough one. Probably knocking out London rivals in the Champions League two seasons ago (as we were the underdogs).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    being in edinburgh im afraid not
    Congratulations on the win, technik. It's good to see our side win.

ReputationRep:
    i dont remember much of Chelsea's European Cup Winners Cup final, nor the win against Real Madrid for the Super Cup

so saying that, Chelsea winning the league after 50 years, or when Chelsea actually got to first pre-Abramovich until a draw at Leicester

(Original post by BexTait)
    Probably a greater comeback than Liverpools as we actually won it without extra time and penalties, and it was in the dying seconds of the game that we won it.
    No way was there the emotional highs and lows in your final as witnessed in Istanbul - nor was it on a par in terms of football/comeback - although I'll hold my hands up and say it was a good game! Grr... @ Sheringham & Solskjaer!

Anyway, we were 3-0 down at half time, leveled up at full time (now that takes far more than pulling two goals back after going behind early in the game). The rest is history...

ReputationRep:
    No way was there the emotional highs and lows in your final as witnessed in Istanbul - nor was it on a par in terms of football/comeback - although I'll hold my hands up and say it was a good game! Grr... @ Sheringham & Solskjaer!

Anyway, we were 3-0 down at half time, leveled up at full time (now that takes far more than pulling two goals back after going behind early in the game). The rest is history...
    Liverpool's comeback > Man Utd's comeback.

ReputationRep:
    25/5/2005 takes some beating.

ReputationRep:
    When England beat Argentina 1-0 was good.

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Liverpool's comeback > Man Utd's comeback.
    I didn't want to be so blunt!

ReputationRep:
    Bergkamp's goal against Argentina...

ReputationRep:
    I didn't want to be so blunt!
    It's Man Utd, your rivals, c'mon!

It's Man Utd, your rivals, c'mon!
    Yeh, but I've been far too controversial/nit-picky/pedantic/nasty recently. I'm a changed man! :cool:

:angel:

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was as funny as it was impressive . If that Betis player was standing under the ball, he wouldn't have been able to head it (without jumping). That's amazing! (Yes, I am easily impressed)
    (Original post by Gexko)
    LMAO. Will everyone stop *****ing now. Its funny get over it, its football not life.
    Yeah, you're right. It's not a big deal, football's not a matter of life and death...

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd's comeback was more sudden, and a complete U-turn, which Liverpool's wasn't, so they're different really. Incomparable.

When liverpool equalised nobody felt necessarily that they'd win; just that they had a chance.

When Man United scored there was only gonna be one winner.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, but I've been far too controversial/nit-picky/pedantic/nasty recently. I'm a changed man! :cool:

:angel:
    You're always nasty with Chelsea fans so nope you haven't changed on that note.

(Original post by jamlan)
    Yeah, you're right. It's not a big deal, football's not a matter of life and death...
    (Original post by _____)
    Football's not a matter of life and death ... it's more important than that.
    Fill in the gap!

You're always nasty with Chelsea fans so nope you haven't changed on that note.
    Yet.

I'm nasty about Chelsea, not Chelsea fans.

Banner of the CL: "Roman pays my giro"... classic :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait 'til I kick a rugby ball!

ReputationRep:
    I'm nasty about Chelsea, not Chelsea fans.
    You've not been nasty to me. :eek:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.