Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    My team is Lions United.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in, signed up this morning seperately and happily found this is the TSR one! I will be crap..I guarentee..and also I am miffed that Palace are relegated so my team is in the Palace colours

My team is Sophie's AllStars..nice and unoriginal

ReputationRep:
    Signed up.. the Cheese Rooooooooooolls are in the hizzouse.

Ahem.

ReputationRep:
    Excitement has took a hold of me kids, to celebrate life returning to normal with the Premiership kicking off again for another season of thrills (for Arsenal) and spills (for Utd, Chelski and the Yidos…lets hope relegation is upon them), I have created the Premiership football quiz. Plus I’m taking advantage of my sub privilege of lots of PM space

The Format:

50 questions1 point each
    1 from each premiership team = 20 team based
    10 easy random questions from Premiership years past
    10 toughies
    5 picture questions
    And 5 questions based on Premiership news from pre-season
    After answering these 50 questions PM me your answers then if you feel lucky or brave you can gain or lose yourself 5 or 15 extra points. PM me with a request for a HOME or AWAY question, if you answer correctly you gain 5 or 15 points (respectively) to your 50 previous tally, however if you answer incorrectly then you lose the stated amount of points that you could have gained… Personally I’m a firm “believer of he who dares”
    If you PM me with a request for a HOME question, state the football team you support (whether premiership or not) and the question will be based on the team you support….5 points
    If you PM me with a request for an AWAY question, it will be based on ALL of footballing history… yes everything! Right back to medieval times when they played with a pig-skin ball….15 points
    No HOME or AWAY question will be duplicated, and I have to receive your answer within 12 hours kids.

The Rules

No googling/search engine use.. I’m too wise to it kids, I will totally be able to tell if you have, and you will be disqualified!!!
    Spelling and grammer as long as its interreptable (sp) by my eyes doesn't matter.
    Player or Personality Answers have to be either a full name or surname
    This quiz was made by me, so all your answers are at my discretion

The Winner

The one with the most points (obviously) by a date I’ll later post (way in advance may I add) will receive doses of rep until September when I go back to uni or maybe later if I feel like it, and I’ll also buy you a months subscription as well

Lets start…
    Team Questions

1…Arsenal: Which Arsenal manager purchased Dennis Bergkamp for a record fee at the time of 7.5M?

2…Aston Villa:To which club did forward Dwight Yorke transfer to, from Villa in 1998?

3...Birmingham: What nationality is Clinton Morrison?

4…Blackburn: During his player career, what was manager Mark Hughes nickname?

5…Bolton: Complete this now famous Bolton Wanderers terraces chant, “Jay-Jay Okocha so good they -----/---/-----”

6…Charlton: How many seasons have Charlton currently been in The Premiership (including season 2005/2006)?

7…Chelsea: What club did the Chelsea manager previous to that of Jose Mourinho manage after his spell at The Bridge?

8…Everton: From what championship side did Tim Cahill join Everton last season?

9…Fulham: Who was infamously sent off last season for Fulham, in a game where they ended up with 9-men, for pushing Legewski of West Brom in the head?

10..Liverpool: The infamous Robbie Fowler “coke-snorting goal celebration” occurred at Anfield, but in front of what opposition?

11..Manchester City: Who did Joe Royle manage after Manchester City?

12..Manchester Utd: What is the biggest number of consecutive Premiership titles that Utd have won?

13..Middlesbrough: What ground did Middlesbrough previously play at before The Riverside Stadium?

14..Newcastle: As well as Newcastle what other team did manager Rudd Gulit take charge of?

15..Portsmouth: Who is Pompie’s chairman?

16..Sunderland: In what stadium did Sunderland play in before their move to the new ground of the stadium of light?

17..Tottenham: What business entrepreneur is the chairman of Tottenham Hotspurs?

18..West Brom: In which year was West Brom last relegated from the Premier Division?

19..West Ham: Which 1966 England football hero has a stand named after him at Upton Park?

20...Wigan: In what position did Wigan finish in The Championship last season to gain them promotion?

Easy Questions

1…What disgraced player was sacked from Chelsea for failing a drugs test last season?
    2…How many games are played in a premiership season by each team?
    3…What is the name of Charlton’s stadium?
    4…Which premiership team is positioned furthest North geographically?
    5…Who is the chairman of Aston Villa?
    6…What nationality is Chelsea’s money-bag investor, Roman Abromovich?
    7…Which team did Kenny Dalglish manage and win the Premiership with?
    8…Which team is nicknamed “The Baggies”
    9…From which side did Manchester Utd sign Rio Ferdinand?
    10..What club did Robbie Savage sign for in 2005?

Tough Questions

1. Arsenals unbeaten record in the Premiership reached an awesome tally of 49, it succeeded Nottingham Forest’s previous tally of 42, but over whom did Arsenal record their 43rd unbeaten game?
    2. Only 4 teams have every won the Premiership title, name the team/s out of the 4 which have been relegated from the Premiership in other seasons?
    3. What current Utd first XI player has never played in a major international tournament?
    4. How many goals did Michael Owen score in his debut “super-boy” season at Liverpool?
    5. In the 94’-95’ season who did Man Utd beat at a recordly high score of 9-0?
    6. From what side did Jurgen Klinsman join Tottenham from?
    7. What is the only team to be bottom of the Premiership at Christmas and still go on to avoid relegation?
    8. What football player currently holds the highest goals tally at Arsenal football club? HINT: Tis a god!
    9. After leaving Tottenham, what son joined his father’s football team?
    10. There are currently 6 players playing in the premiership that have scored over a 100 premiership goals, name them.

Picture Questions

Name the Players… 1 point each

Picture 1

Player in the Middlesbrough Shirt (White Shirt)

Picture 2

Picture 3

Player at the top of the pyramid

Picture 4

Picture 5

Devil features maybe super-imposedBut I'm a firm believer that he is the devil

Questions from the news this week

1… After an appeal to the FA, what is the fine that Ashley Cole and Jose Mourinho will now have to pay for the “tapping-up saga”?
    2… Nathan Ellington has just completed a £3M move from Wigan to what club?
    3… Who has proverbially thrown his toys out of the pram over a move to Chelsea from his current club this whole season? (whining so-and-so!)
    4… Which manager claimed this pre-season that despite his team just getting promoted to the Premiership they can handle the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd (pah…dreamer!)?
    5… Which former Fulham boss has returned to Craven Cottage to coach the reserve team?

League Table So far (some score may increase/decrease in accordance to answers for the HOME or AWAY question)
    Gold - Leader
    Blue - 3 sets of questions answered
    Green - 2 sets of questions answered
    Red - 1 (Actual quiz) questions answered

ReputationRep:
    I have PM'ed you my answers, dont laugh!!!

ReputationRep:
    Has Titus Bramble ever played for Birmingham? He was a product of the famous Ipswich academy who brought through Dyer, Wright, and the like.

ReputationRep:
    I've done most of em, will PM you later

A couple of the questions are innacurate though

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, like the Claudio Ranieri one n all.

ReputationRep:
    Go TSR Penguins :cool:

ReputationRep:
    few questions - are you sure about chelsea's q?
    easy no 2 - is that no. of games overall or how many one team plays?
    the Dalglish question - is it played or managed?
    tough no. 2 - just premiership or top league before prem was established as well?

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask what the hell are we supposed to do- I just went on it now and it said something about a deadline :eek:

ReputationRep:
    ok PM'ed my answers

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine in, i was a bit confused with this one

5. In the 94’-95’ season who beat Man Utd 9-0?

do you mean who did man utd beat 9-0?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oziris)

i hope you got mine

ReputationRep:
    There are some very inaccurate questions sorry peeps corrections are as follows
    Team questions
    Being a complete spakker Titus Bramble didnt play for Birmingham. 1 point for everyone who attempted to answer this question. For new quizz-ees your new question is
    2...Birmingham: What nationality is Clinton Morrison?
    7…Chelsea: What club did the Chelsea manager previous to that of Jose Mourinho manage after his spell at The Bridge?
    Easy Questions
    2. How many games are played in a premiership season by each team?
    7…Which team did Kenny Dalglish manage and won the Premiership with?

ReputationRep:
    i got another question - is Owens goal tally in all competitions or just league?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fernando)
    i got another question - is Owens goal tally in all competitions or just league?
    just league

ReputationRep:
    We are 8th in the league, said we are 8th in the league :trytofly:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oziris)

Thats what I thought too. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Damn it, I made two simple mistakes. I should have thought about a couple of them before just going with my first instinct. And that Robbie Savage question.....damn my stupidity.

Maybe should have went for an away question as well. Bah.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.