The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I started supporting them 13 years ago when i lived over London way, so even then a pretty wierd choice... pretty stupid choice too, its a bit of a **** having to travel 400 miles round trip to every home game. :biggrin:

I think Graham Poll is quoted as saying, "Blackburn are a nightmare to referee, your best bet is to book Neill and Savage in the first 10 minutes, that makes it easier"... granted we do have a reputation due to some of our players - savage, bellamy, neill, todd etc etc but thats a bit harsh! Plenty of teams have had more yellow cards than us in the past seasons.... :mad:
Mon the Rovers!!!! 2-1 I reckon, Bellamy on his home debut, against his old club.. Too good to be true or a dead certainty??
I predict a win for Newcastle, but I need to have in mind that they play away so it could be a little bit difficult to win.
Newcastle need a win and fast. When this win comes, i fancy them to go on a really good run. If you look at their next 7 games you would usually expect 21 points although i know it will not happen, but if the win does come on Sunday I can see them picking up something like 18. Its just the way Newcastle United work, its either doom and gloom or living on the moon !!!!!!!
Souness is an idiot and they'll win nothing with such a dodgy defence. ~£35m on attacking players in the transfer window is pointless when they've such an awful defecnce. Souness has done just as bad a job with their defence as he did with ours. The shambles he left us with last season took sparky the remainder of the season to fix, and hes still trying to fix the problems caused by him and his big flop signings.

A (hopeful) win for rovers :-D
If you look at the facts newcastle have been losing games because of lack of goals( Only one this season) Its true that in the past the defence was the weak link during Keegans time and parts of Robsons, when without Woodgate but now they are quite steady. If Owen settles in along with a fit midfield including Parker, Emre, Luque and a fir Kieran Dyer,ill push the boat out and say most teams will be scared of Newcastle by Christmas.
a scrappy uninspiring 0-0 draw, dirty rovers gettin a few yellow's and shearer failing to score yet again.
Doddy87
Watford110. What were your views when you sacked Lewington and brought in Boothroyd? Just interested cos i know a lot of Watford fans were sick about it!!!
Should be a good game tomorrow, i shall not be attending (but sorta wish i was!), i predict a 1-1 draw! Pericard will get our goal in the 2nd half after Les Ferdinand heads you infront early on!!!

Tell you something though, you hit two screamers against Norwich!!! Marlon King's goal was pure class (i'm sure he used to be ****), and Youngs goal was also quality!!!

I was one of them who wanted him to go. He was mr nice guy but an awfully inept tactician and motivator. Aidy seems to know what he wants and he certainly knows what he is doing. All the watford fans i know were happy that he left!

As for Les getting the first goal no way. Dont think he will start, at most he maybe given 10 mins at the end or something, enough time to get a winner perhaps! Been well impressed with Sheff Utd this season, you seem to be playing very average and winning which is always a good sign.
^ Yeah although recently (minus Brighton away on tues) we have improved and have started playing quite well.

I look forward to a good day out tomorrow. :smile:

Gem
Reply 1389
# Team Manager Gam Tot
1 Nick United CF Nick Chang 60 268
2 Zoraster FC Scott Brizzolara 47 264
3 Atalanta Sam Whittaker 56 255
4 Crewe ALEX FC Mark Storey 58 254
5 hoofhearted Ken K 58 249
6 bluecueball Gordon Fury 33 237
7 Obe One Kenobi Nil The Wolf 20 233
8 Eddie's Eleven Edward Jones 43 231
9 Galactic Empire FC darth vader 46 228
10 Rainy's Rejects Ben Jones 32 227
11 bidnation.co.uk Rocco Redi 39 227
12 Bracknell Harriers Aaron Dixson 35 223
13 Sophie's AllStars Sophie Rimmer 52 222
14 fernando fc Matt Iles 45 221
15 southgatebadger Nick bond 43 217
16 zulu warriors Sony Playstation 42 217
17 Cheese Rolls Harry Ashbridge 42 215
18 Blingo La Lingo Chunky La Funga 37 211
19 Boogie Woogie FC Raj says hello 45 208
20 Lions United Nuheen Khan 63 208
21 Chueco's Redmen ste ste 41 203
22 BLUREMI FC Dushi D 45 202
23 teh p0rc lads Sasha Yanshin 42 197
24 Kakorrhaphiophobic Sean Barnes 34 192
25 FC Liverpool Philip Hargreaves 54 185
26 Rampage Night Crawler 53 180
27 xonaed Dean o 27 176
28 Salhouse Side View 37 175
29 the baaad team tom paz 25 173
30 TSR Penguins Martin Lewis 20 172
31 Last Place??? Martin Browne 38 168
32 Genius Kru Ollie Cowan 33 166
33 Bilals Batty Boys Bilal Khan 33 165
34 vishs xi vishal patel 35 165
35 Guerrillas Ben jamin 35 165
36 AFC Scunnie Josh Hunt 37 164
37 Binge Drinkers FC David Goodwin 23 163
38 the flying eagles Jose Antonio Feyes 30 162
39 17 Seventeen FC El Pie 70 149
40 west bromwich Amby a deu 10 145
41 Dan Halen Rocks FC Jam Lan 24 141

Yay I'm first! :biggrin:
I can't believe nobody has said "I predict a riot!" :biggrin:
Wow A lot better than than last week. *up 10*
I predict a riot :biggrin:

I think Newcastle need to start scoring goals, if they want to start winning. But with Luque and other players injured it'll be a difficult task. They've bought Owen, maybe they'll start scoring against Blackburn.
Reply 1393
Ummm, there is a lower league thread now :rolleyes:
Reply 1394
Glad to hear it Gexho! Those Oxford United fans can have hours of fun on there!!!

Does anyone else class the Championship as lower league?

Anyway, whats the point of presumingly dedicating 1 thread to the Premiership which has 20 clubs and the so callled '' Lower Leagues'' which has a combined total of 72 clubs?
Reply 1395
Hmmmm, i started supporting the mighty Blades just as we got relegated from the Premier League and since then we've been in the same division since!!! Been the nearly men for years!!!!

''Nearly''

1997ish - Lose to a last minute goal in the playoff final against Palace
1997ish - Lose 1-0 to Newcastle in the Semi Final of the FA CUP
2002/2003 - Lose to Liverpool in the second leg of the League Cup Semi Final
2002/2003 - Lose to Arsenal in Semi final of the FA CUP
2002/2003 - Lose to Wolves 3-0 in the playoff final!!! (still don't understand that result!)

However, there have been many brilliant results on the way to those finals/semi finals!!! Such as coming from behind in the last minute against Coventry then beating them on penalities, or coming behind from 2-0 against Forest in the playoffs to win end up winning 4-3!!

Hmmm, but my best moment in football for me would be beating Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 at Hillsborough the season they got relegated, it was a boiling hot day towards the end of the season and Wednesday were just about fave's to win. But in the 2nd half saw us score 2 beautiful goals infront of the Blades fans and the day was quite simply perfect!!!!
Reply 1396
I know it was a rethorical (sp) question but even still i'm 99pc sure it's Bill Shankley!!!

What do i win???
durhamlad1
a scrappy uninspiring 0-0 draw, dirty rovers gettin a few yellow's and shearer failing to score yet again.

My heart says Rovers will win 2-1 but my betting head agrees with you... both sides look like they dont know how to score and so i will be sticking my money on a 0-0, but hopefulyl we will win!
Reply 1398
If you're angry and you know it clap your hands,
*Clap.* :congrats:

If you're angry and you know it clap your hands

If you're angry and you know it and you really want to blow it,
If you're angry and you know it clap your hands...
:biggrin:

Latest