Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    Who here follows football from other leagues like Serie A and La Liga? I love watching all the foreign football but there's never enough time to watch all the matches

My favourite teams are Barcelona, Roma and Lille. Who does everyone else follow?

ReputationRep:
    After watching some of the game, I felt that Blackburn perhaps deserved more out of the game. Never mind, we'll end our drawing streak and thump you this coming weekend (speshly cos I'm going)

ReputationRep:
    All I can say is...

GET IN!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    After watching some of the game, I felt that Blackburn perhaps deserved more out of the game. Never mind, we'll end our drawing streak and thump you this coming weekend (speshly cos I'm going)
    We have a very tough set of away games coming up now, Man UTD next week, Liverpool 2 weeks later, Chelsea 2 weeks later.... i would gladly take a point from each.

ReputationRep:
    Although Newcastle kept a clean sheet I can't get over how many times Boumsong falls over at crucial moments

ReputationRep:
    That handball was classic... should have been a red imo... as should that one where Taylor chopped down Bellamy from behind when he was away - it would have been red if he was facing the box not the corner... In the end the taylor one was pretty academic anyway. And they call Blackburn dirty....

ReputationRep:
    France.

Edit: May I also add that most of you are actualy not stating your nationality and are infact stating your ethnic origin, which doesn't work in that sence. For instance my Father is of Russian blood however that doesn't mean I can play for russia because I myself have a french nationality.

ReputationRep:
    No offence but that is one crap song.

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember the damn lyrics at this hour

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take you to come up this? You really are a genuine hero of mine

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure its a cover...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiempo)
    I'm sure its a cover...
    haha, made me lol

ReputationRep:
    Really?
    I thought some greek kids done it back in the 60's....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    Exactly...its just a massive kick in the balls, when yuo play so well and yet lose so badly...
    If that is playing so well i feel sorry for Blackburn fans this season. The only way is down !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StuMc1986)
    If that is playing so well i feel sorry for Blackburn fans this season. The only way is down !!!
    Go away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StuMc1986)

I dont feel sorry for us, if the first 65-70 minutes are anything to go by, we have a great chance at top half this season... Newcastle only looked like scoring from a set play and they did, then they scored 2 break away goals against the run of play. Blackburn were all over them and the 3-0 scoreline flatters them, 0-0 would have been fair in most the Toon Armiy's eyes i think as they should know they were not the better side on the day... but as is often the case with Blackburn - they took the chances, we didnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_000)
    Die Souness Die
    :ditto:

Still a good win, we needed a good win after the past few weeks, unfortunately it was against a good blackburn side. Very unlucky.

Average goal by shearer :rolleyes:
    Nice header by owen
    wonderful skill by zogbia

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed the way our defence completely gave up on the third goal. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I agree, i wanted Lewington to go, but when Boothroyd started messing around with our team i was feeling sick!!!

No complaints now though!!!

As for Saturday, sorry but Utd didn't deserve that win, we played Norwich on Tues night and they were better than you, in terms of losing a game though, losing to the top side can't be complained about, i was kinda hoping for a draw though!!!

Les wasn't even a sub on Saturday, i think its for PR purposes to get the media interested in our club.

ReputationRep:
    I saw the replay of the game yesterday, jesus how did Blackburn not score, let alone win the game?! Newcastle had about 4 shots on goal in the 90 minutes yet won 3-0 lol. Just one of those games I guess. 3 very well taken goals though although the 3rd one was a bit of a joke with the [non-]defending from blackburn but a nice finish.

Newcastle fans should get of Souness' back.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.