Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    I know Newcastle have the largest away followers of any club in the country followed by Sunderland.

ReputationRep:
    Records are there to be broken. I doubt any record has stood untouched for say 10 years or more.

The best Arsenal side could not beat the best Chelsea side because of discipline, defence and organisation. In fact, the score line would be 1-0 to the Blues, you know it. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    I know Newcastle have the largest away followers of any club in the country followed by Sunderland.
    And Chelsea have more away followers than Arsenal, if you're going by the same source that I'm thinking.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Now Now

And you do know that is something called 'Glory Hunting'.
    At the moment there are undoubtedly more supporters in outer Mongolia that support Chelsea than there are in the whole of London.

The Arsenal - Chelsea contest, discipline has always been a downfall, but that didn't stop Arsenal's unbeaten run did it?

ReputationRep:
    And you do know that is something called 'Glory Hunting'.
    At the moment there are undoubtedly more supporters in outer Mongolia that support Chelsea than there are in the whole of London.
    Shouldn't Man Utd be top then? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yet they couldn't sell out their allocation vs Blackburn....(I think).....?

ReputationRep:
    To be fair though, we did give the toon army bout 6000 seats... they had half the lower tier and whole upper tier... they fillled the bottom tier allocation and about four fifths of the top tier... they were the best away support at ewood park for a while! They brought more than teams like Spurs... Credit to the club!

Liverpool have won as many European Cups as the rest of the english clubs put together.

(notice a theme going on?)

:dancing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiara)
    how do u go about gettin tickets? are they easy to get and how much do they cost?
    You could apply, or get one of the touts. I have in the past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    wow a united fan from manchester
    Im one too. And what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ancientone)
    The answers about your tickets are all accurate, but a word to all those who've got no idea about Manchester, and yet fall for the Blue propoganda every time.

I resent being called a) a glory hunter (Iwas there when we were relegated and followed us throughout the season when we were in the then second division-I also had the great pleasure of watching us under the stewardship of Dave Sexton and others); b) I am local-I was born in Manchester-I do support my local team and always have done! Yet I continue to hear from people who've very little knowledge of Manchester that I a) don't support my local team, b) am obviously then the only local lad who ever goes to Old Trafford and c) am only a glory hunter. The reality of the situation isn't this stereotype yet it is trotted out time after time.

The MEN (since you all know so much about Manchester you'll know what I mean by that acronym) did a recent survey that actually showed that there were more United fans than City fans in their survey-conducted in Manchester! University research has been done on the situation about season tickets which clearly shows that there are a higher proportion of United season ticket holders with Manchester Post Codes than City fans. All facts, all the real world.

Sorry for the rant but I've listened to these tirades from people who basically don't know what the real situation is for years. By all means criticise the football, that's what football fans should do. But can we stop these innacurate, pathetic and wrong criticisms.
    Good post!!

MEN - Manchester Evening News

ReputationRep:
    who knows good football match Statistics site which include full match statistics such as shots, corner kick , fault.....

ReputationRep:
    Normally the teams homepage will show them... well Blackburn does...

Skysports have a pretty good stats base...

ReputationRep:
    now that sol man is back in form what should be the defence line up for england for the next world cup qualifiers??

(Original post by Musafir_85)
    now that sol man is back in form what should be the defence line up for england for the next world cup qualifiers??
    Terry and Ferdinand?

Campbell'll be getting into his mid-30s by the WC. He's nothing of what he once was, has just returned from a big injury, and will be absolutely wasted by the end of the season. He's done a job for england, now it's time to look at our other resources.

ReputationRep:
    ^ I totally agree. Cambell as sub.
    Terry deserves his full time chance after some magnificent displays. If anything actually, if Ferdinand is playing badly, he should be the one making way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    Im one too. And what?
    shut it with the attitude g-hunter

ReputationRep:
    this game is hailed as the one to watch for the season.

Skysports @ 7:30pm tonight. Not to be missed.

GO ON SPURS

ReputationRep:
    Spurs will win 3-0.

ReputationRep:
    Robinson
    G.Neville Carragher Terry A.Cole

Based on club form like.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.