Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    Not a particularly important local game, no earth shattering repercussions as a result. I was still staggered to see it.

He was actualy walking back to the half way line before the ball had crossed the goal line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    They may now have one of the best strike partnerships... but they will always have a Souness defence causing them problems. :p:
    true true
    Owen will be a legend
    not sure there as good as Baros / Angel tho :p:

ReputationRep:
    Potentially they should be... look at the career stats and on paper they should be one of the best goalscoring partnerships ever.... If only Shearer wasnt about 50...

ReputationRep:
    Even more money when we play Chelski next month - £48 for a junior ticket - absolute joke. :eek:
    i think chelsea have done something about that, something like 50% off for junior and something else and are refunding parts of tickets for it

ReputationRep:
    Still doesnt help me, i have to buy an adult ticket.

ReputationRep:
    Potentially they should be... look at the career stats and on paper they should be one of the best goalscoring partnerships ever.... If only Shearer wasnt about 50...
    when Owen / Lique play now that will be some partnership
    still not sure there will ever be as good a partnership as Sutton / Shearer

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see you sat with the away fans...
    Can't quite make out me, tho I can see where I was sat. The atmosphere is awful, it takes a good bit of play for the crowd to get going. Wasn't even the worst performance I've seen from United, and I don't think the booing from those around me was fully justified as we did play fairly well and had plenty of chances, but missed them.

ReputationRep:
    Funny i was sat with the away fans... what with being a Blackburn fan and all!

Did you enjoy our singing? Bloody stewards kicked out fans out for standing up, yet not yours! Hence the "sit down, and behave yourself" chant.

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd
    Chelsea
    Bolton!!!

Arsenal/Man City
    Newcastle
    Everton
    Blackburn

ND I see that you want United relegated:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I see you want Blackburn relegated??? Sore loser???

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a sore loser, Blackburn won because they took there chances and our defending was crap:p: I've hated blackburn since Souness was the manager, and unfortunately even though he's left I still don't like them!! Even before yesterday's game I've never liked them and that dislike will probably last forever and forever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmjp)
    Everton
    Bolton
    Man City
    Man Utd

Wigan
    Arsenal
    Liverpool

Everton are the strangest team to support in the last few years, there seems to be a pattern of good season, bad season emerging. So we'll be rubbish this year, but ok next.
    Yeah you might do well next year....in the championship!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I thought the picture you used was one you had taken, but I guess not since you said you were with the away lot. We got warned a number of years back about standing in certain areas (I still have the sticker I peeled off the seat telling us) cos if it continued, ceertain areas would be closed for games. Didn't happen and there is a lot less standing than there used to. The away fans were stading a lot more than we were though.

ReputationRep:
    errr.... that picture is taken from the away corner! hence the line of policemen and the people stood up clapping.

ReputationRep:
    I knew I shouldn't have started packing now when I'm going back to uni tomorrow, it's making me imagine all sorts of things! Just out of interest, what did the banners on the Stretty end look like, as in could you read what they said? I couldn't see them from where I was sat.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/4273684.stm

ReputationRep:
    I didnt see them sorry!

i saw the USA flag one of our fans had, he was swiftly removed by one of the policemen to a chant of "£2 an hour".

Have to say though, United had the best looking police officers so far, didnt see one female cop who wasnt fit.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't stop laughing for ages when I first heard about it. Talk about a nightmare start!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    Losers will always say the game, I am sorry if I offend anyone but thats my opinion. Its no use saying 'ah, they played really well, but they lost'. Losing don't get you no where.
    The result at the end of the day is the one that matters, the result is the one that gets the cups/trophies and to be up there at the top.
    Exactly. Remember old Johan Cruyff who came out with those comments about Chelsea after the first leg against Barcelona in the Champions League? Yes his side played some great football but perhaps I should ask him how many times he has won the World Cup. :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    LOL, wouldn't know about the females, but some of the males aren't too bad. At the City game last season there was a coloured steward with an afro who ended up with the crowd chanting 'Rio, Rio', with a smile on their faces, to him as he walked round the ground, and he was polite enough to acknowledge it. Classic.
    I noticed the flag didn't last particularly long.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.