The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Who is sad enough to do a blog on something like that? Bloody hell :biggrin:
A Brummie?
Wow, that guy must really dislike Liverpool/Garcia/Losing.

Maybe he just wanted to wear his ring for good luck?
Sophdoph
Wow, that guy must really dislike Liverpool/Garcia/Losing.

Can't be losing as the game finished as a draw.

Sophdoph
Maybe he just wanted to wear his ring for good luck?

How many times do you think he's been told you can't wear jewellery when playing football? Given the amount of games he's played in his professional career if he still doesn't know that you can't wear rings on the football pitch he really should be shot for his stupidity. Doesn't take a degree from Oxford to know this. :rolleyes:

The 4th official should check if they are wearing any prohibited items and force their removal. The game is so slow as it is.
Reply 1724
I can't stand the man (although he is goodlooking).

I saw the first game he played for Liverpool, and I thought he was crap. I saw that Birmingham game and thought he was crap. Does he ever play good, or have I only seen games in which he is terrible?

And I think he is something of a cheat. He is one of those players who everytime he gets a break, is running with the ball, may have a chance at goal, will then fall over at the slightest touch from the defender in hope of an easy penalty. Every time.

Or maybe I just dislike him.
He has played well before yes. :smile:
I wouldn't get too excited by the win. I wasn't able to go to the match, though I should have been there. I ended up with a 17 hour and 25 minute delay coming home from Greece. The thing is, I do trust the opinions of some of our fans, and their view was that it was heading for a 0-0 draw until Cutler completely messed himself up - he's been doing that frequently in the past month.

Surely, to be heading for what must have been your Pre-Season aim you need to be doing better than that?
Nothing to do with Garcia, but maybe its about cheating...

I couldnt help but notice that just before the 4th Official held up his board with the stoppage time on (at Man UTD V Blackbunr - when score was 1-2 :smile: ) Alex Ferguson went and had a word in his ear... This was followed by a slight pause whilst the 4th Official set the time and held it up - 4 minutes... :eek:

Judge for yourselves, but its been known to happen...
No fair enough, he should know, but that doesn't stop people trying! And he does quite often play well, not so much recently.
ciderpeter
Nothing to do with Garcia, but maybe its about cheating...

I couldnt help but notice that just before the 4th Official held up his board with the stoppage time on (at Man UTD V Blackbunr - when score was 1-2 :smile: ) Alex Ferguson went and had a word in his ear... This was followed by a slight pause whilst the 4th Official set the time and held it up - 4 minutes... :eek:

Judge for yourselves, but its been known to happen...

Hmmm I never get too bothered over the amount of stoppage time played because it's never the exact amount because we'd have like 8 minutes or whatever a lot more frequently than the usual 2-3 minutes bog standard. Perhaps SAF should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute and have his words analysed by that same deaf person who did it in the CL for Jose Mourinho. :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Hmmm I never get too bothered over the amount of stoppage time played because it's never the exact amount because we'd have like 8 minutes or whatever a lot more frequently than the usual 2-3 minutes bog standard. Perhaps SAF should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute and have his words analysed by that same deaf person who did it in the CL for Jose Mourinho. :rolleyes:

Has he ever been charged for this before? I swear he should have been countless times for intimidation..
Predictable though isnt it, United losing at home and there is a large amount of time added on... by my watch they kicked off at 3 minutes past 4 for the second half, they didnt add the stoppage time on, until 4.53!!!
Sophdoph
Has he ever been charged for this before? I swear he should have been countless times for intimidation..

Hmmm not in recent times mainly because he seems to explore the loop-holes well. He uses an ex-employee of the FA/Premier League to defend his cases apparently. I haven't heard of too many charged regarding SAF except that fine he paid for suggesting, via the wrong channels, that referees aren't award the Buccaneers enough penalties. He feels it's not enough but I guess in the past he's just had too many. :p:
Cindy
I thought this thread was a 'Pool one. LOL :biggrin:

What when the thread starter had NFFC at the end of their username? :rolleyes:
Reply 1734
Garcia is hardly a typical Premiership player by any means. He can be the most frustrating player on the team sheet, or an absolute genius. When he turns it on, and the teama re on the same wavelength he's devastating. Not only can't defenders pick him up as he drops in from anywhere, but he has vision and a shot. When it isn't working for him, he's ineffective, drifts and gives the ball away cheaply - notably in away games. Is he too lightweight for the Premiership? Well you'll have to ask Keano that after his 2 month layoff! :biggrin:
Raindance
Garcia is hardly a typical Premiership player by any means. He can be the most frustrating player on the team sheet, or an absolute genius. When he turns it on, and the teama re on the same wavelength he's devastating. Not only can't defenders pick him up as he drops in from anywhere, but he has vision and a shot. When it isn't working for him, he's ineffective, drifts and gives the ball away cheaply - notably in away games. Is he too lightweight for the Premiership? Well you'll have to ask Keano that after his 2 month layoff! :biggrin:

couldnt have put it better myself.
Reply 1736
NDGAARONDI
Can't be losing as the game finished as a draw.

How many times do you think he's been told you can't wear jewellery when playing football? Given the amount of games he's played in his professional career if he still doesn't know that you can't wear rings on the football pitch he really should be shot for his stupidity. Doesn't take a degree from Oxford to know this. :rolleyes:

Clearly he knows that hence the reason he hid his ring in his mouth when before being checked by the 4th official. Considering all his goal celebrations are in reference to his wife & child it's understandable. Probably won't do it again though and it's hardly a huge crime is it.

As for him playing well. Well he was key to our champions league success last year, he's been very hit and miss in the league though and far too hot & cold.
Reply 1737
kpg
As for him playing well. Well he was key to our champions league success last year, he's been very hit and miss in the league though and far too hot & cold.

Two fantastic goals against Juve and Chelsea... :wink:
i think this current premiership "issue" is due to the fact that:

a) the foreign players are no longer novelties (apart from asian ones now maybe). if it's either a world famous, established international, or a young prodigy, then crowds will be attracted, but nobody wants to see a team full of x.sanchez, x pizza, x yobokobo etc anymore. because of the random influx aroudn the late 90s/early 00s, we havn't got any of those vetran english players which we used to have.

b, c, d, etc) ticket prices, yes too high; greater tv coverage is a good thing, bla bla
£45 for 90 minutes entertainment... thats £1 for 2 minutes... i know prostitutes that are less expensive!!! (well i don't, in fact, know any prostitutes, but you know what i mean).
Cricket is £60 for an entire days play! thats about 8 hours usually!

Latest